Count the cels with the same collor made with conditional formatting!

Hi all,

Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my worksheet!
I'm using conditional formating to collor them.
I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a chart.

Thanks!

Greetz,

Jan ;-))

0
Jan.L (1)

Hi Jan
have a look at this previous discussion
http://tinyurl.com/3xr9b

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Freesurfer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my
> worksheet! I'm using conditional formating to collor them.
> I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a
chart.

> Thanks!
>
> Greetz,
>
> Jan ;-))

0
frank.kabel (11126)
3/7/2004 10:04:33 PM
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:35:38 GMT, "Freesurfer" <Jan.L@advalvas.be> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my worksheet!
>I'm using conditional formating to collor them.
>I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a chart.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Greetz,
>
>Jan ;-))

You need to count them using the same formula that you used for conditional
formatting.

If that formula is simple, COUNTIF could be used.

If that formula is complex, then an array formula or SUMPRODUCT may be
required.

If you post the conditional formatting formula, we can probably help.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

IF conditional statements
Hi, It's my understanding that I can nest up to seven levels of the IF functions within one formula. My question is how does one nest over seven levels? Below is the actual code without adding the additional IF statements. =IF(D8=" "," ",IF(D8=$L$81 Then +Insured!$G$38-Worksheets!D45,IF(D8=$L$82,+Insured!$G$40-Worksheets!D45,IF(D8=$L$83,+Insured!$G$42-Worksheets!D45,IF(D8=$L$84,+Insured!$G$44-Worksheets!D45))))) Here's is an example of over sevel levels where I like to add to the cell, but again I cannot because Excel only nest up to seven levels. =IF(D...

Conditional Formatting
I have read & tried several CF solutions, but they are not working for me. I am working with Today() date, Due_Date, & days_late. I have a formula in the days_late column =IF(OR(TODAY()<Due_Date,J9="COMPLETED")," ",TODAY()-Due_Date). This formula gives me days_late or leaves that column blank (" "). I want 5 cells to turn red if days_late>1. All my attempts at CF have also turned the blank (" ") cells red also. I have tried ISBLANK and NOT(ISBLANK). -- pls Your problem is that " " is not blank. I know it looks...

Cell formating in Excel?
Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? No. -- Best Regards, Luke M "pmarina" <pmarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D25B665-B7B8-477D-AAF8-80A347FFA0DD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? ...

Pivot table and counting.

Formatting Excel
I have a table in excel, all of the information in this table is linked to AutoCAD. I have added an example below: Example 1 NO. NAME BOTTOM BOTTOM TOP TOP MAT FIN MAT FIN 101 CORRIDOR PLASTIC SMOOTH RUBBER SMOOTH 102 CORRIDOR PLASTIC SMOOTH RUBBER SMOOTH I am trying to get Example 1 to look like Example 2 without having to re-enter everything. It is the same info. but a different layout. I tried a Pivot Table but was not successful. Does anyone have any ideas? Example 2 NO. NAME BOTTOM TOP 10...

how to make cells automatically format to entered text size?
hello, i am new to excel and i would like to have it resize the cells automatically to the size of the text i entered. i know if i click on a cell and do format - line break it does it for one cell. but how can i have excel do this automatically for every cell in every workbook? thanks Frank Barenhorst email: frank.barenhorst@mailshelter.de Frank Hit CRTL + A to select all cells. Format>Alignment>Wrap Text. To make this the default for all new workbooks and sheets.... Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and...

format question when open csv file
I receive a csv file that I open in excel. The first field in this file is a nine alphanumeric character. When I open the file excel formats that field in how it sees fit. Example 1157687E6 would display in scientific notation. I make a quick update to the file and resave as .csv file. The csv file resaves that field as the scientific notation, so the people I pass this file to have problems with it. Is there a way to open a csv file in excel where excel does not reformat the field or give me an option to not reformat. >> Is there a way to open a csv file in excel where exc...

Cycle Counting

Count

Copying Border Formatting
Hi folks, I have a large spreadsheet which is essentially a diary. I want to format the days and weeks, with thin and thick borders to distinguish between them. The spreadsheet already has lots of varied fill formatting for meetings that are held. I can't see a way of either format painting, or paste special-ing, just borders. Is it possible? Thanks -- StainlessSteelRat http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net Stanley: It's not gonna end like this. Gabriel: Oh, come on, Stan. Not everything ends the way you think it should. Besides, audiences love happy endings. True enough that...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Line count

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

Conditional addition
Let's say I have four rows across, Activity, Budget, Revenue and Priority. I will have many rows beneath them, with lots of text under activity and numbers under budget, revenue and priority. I sort on Priority, of which there are 4- priority 1, priority 2, etc. Is there a way I can add all the priority 1s together, all the 2s. etc? In such a way that if I change an activity's priority from 1 to 2 the sums for all the priorty 1 and 2s change at the same time? Sort of conditional addition? Sorry if this is really simple but I am a Word man and this excel stuff freaks me out - I do...

text format to date format
I have 2 question: 1. I export data from excel 4.0 to Access 2003, in Excel my data have text format, I want change data to date format... example my data in excel like this 2009-11-23-08.25.24 I want change to date format 23-11-2009 08:25:24 2. I have data like this CPN09003947-1-1-CPN31000006 and I want take that data until after "-", but some time count of data is different example HSJA22160061-1-1-SJA20900332 please help me,,, what can I do???? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201004/1 ...

Why cann't string field be made longer
In Crm 3.0 string fields can be made shorter but never longer. I would expect this the other way around. I need to change the length of a (custom) string field which I created to short. Any one known if this is supposed to be? -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT http://www.aviva-it.nl ...

Smartlist Negative Formatting
Anyone on the board know how can I format a negative number and dollar to display/print like ($$.000.00). thanks, You cannot change the display of numeric fields in SmartList. SmartList Builder enables you to create new SmartLists and does provide the ability to change the display of numeric fields. -- Charles Allen, MVP "tintin91" wrote: > Anyone on the board know how can I format a negative number and dollar to > display/print like ($$.000.00). > > > thanks, > ...

Creating a conditional formula to increment #s in a test script
Greetings, I have an Excel question. I am creating a test script template for our team and I an in need of some formula help. Here is what I wish to do: Let's say I have a column A in my test script. I wish to label this column with my test script # TC1 TC2 TC3...(and so on) However, the problem is I have section breaks in my test script that divides the document into sections: eg.. <LOGIN SECTION> TC1 TC2 TC3 <LOGOUT SECTION> TC4 TC5 TC6 Now the problem is that if I want to add a new test case to the "Login section" above, I need ...

Counting sales

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Formatting flyer for mailing...help.
I have designed a flyer in Publisher and I want the back to have a space for a mailing address and the upper or lower half have content. I had this option on one version I printed out...but now page 2 is just another template of the first page. I have the book Publisher Step by Step, but cannot find the solution in there either. I am using Publisher 2007 and my operating system is Windows Vista. Can someone help me with this, please? When you insert a new page, isn't it blank? There is a check off in the insert new page to duplicate all items on page 1, maybe you are inadverte...