Count number of cells with "CAC"

I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or Other.

How can I have Excel enter the number of each type of cell in ONE cell?

--
Janet A.

=COUNTIF(A:A,"CAC")
or
=COUNTIF(A:A,B1) where B1 houses your text.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Janet A. Thompson" <JanetA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or
>Other.
>
> How can I have Excel enter the number of each type of cell in ONE cell?
>
> --
> Janet A.

0
ozgrid
4/30/2010 2:03:27 AM
Maybe this will help
="Count of A is :" &COUNTIF(A1:A10,"A")& " Count of CAC is: "
&COUNTIF(A1:A10,"CAC")

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or Other.
>
> How can I have Excel enter the number of each type of cell in ONE cell?
>
> --
> Janet A.
Where is the count of "Other"
--

and is A1:A10 your example of the range of the spreadsheet?
Janet A.

"Mike" wrote:

> Maybe this will help
> ="Count of A is :" &COUNTIF(A1:A10,"A")& " Count of CAC is: "
> &COUNTIF(A1:A10,"CAC")
>
> "Janet A. Thompson" wrote:
>
> > I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or Other.
> >
> > How can I have Excel enter the number of each type of cell in ONE cell?
> >
> > --
> > Janet A.

Count number of cells with "CAC"
I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or Other. How can I have Excel enter the number of each type of cell in ONE cell? -- Janet A. =COUNTIF(A:A,"CAC") or =COUNTIF(A:A,B1) where B1 houses your text. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Janet A. Thompson" <JanetA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC5E3F85-DAE7-4174-9182-FAD9DE244E1B@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or >Other. > > How can I have Excel enter the number of each typ...

Upload file to SharePoint from machine with CAC
I'm looking for macro functions to upload and download files to SharePoint file sharing site - and I'm running a gov computer with a CAC card, so I don't use user login and passwords to access the SharePoint site I found this code, but is doesn't work: Function WebUploadFile(file, url, user, pass) Dim objXMLHTTP Dim objADOStream Dim arrbuffer Set objADOStream = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream") objADOStream.Open objADOStream.Type = 1 objADOStream.LoadFromFile file arrbuffer = objADOStream.Read() Set objXMLHTTP = CreateObject(&quo...

CDynamicAccessor and database row number problem
Hello I'm in need of writing a code of getting data from Access database. Everything works fine except that I have no idea how to get number of rows (in while loop it goes just forever). Snippet looks like that: CLSID clsid = {0xdee35070L,0x506b,0x11cf, {0xb1,0xaa,0x0,0xaa,0x0,0xb8,0xde, 0x95}}; //Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 CDataSource ds; CSession session; HRESULT hr; BOOLEAN err = FALSE; CString path = "D:\\temp\\dbase.mdb"; hr=ds.Open(clsid,path,N...

Experts: how to force windows to flush FAT (file alloc. table) cac
Hi, This post is for computer experts only! I've installed Ubuntu under VMware inside windows XP "using entire physical harddisk", so I can run Ubuntu both inside and outside (upon reboot) WinXP. And I can always access windows partitions inside Ubuntu. So the problem now is that when I'm running Ubuntu in VMware in WinXP, everytime when I made some changes on a windows partition (say creating a file) in Ubuntu, the change is not reflected in XP because XP store FAT (file allocation table) data in system cache but does not reload it upon file operations. Ther...

I Want to Caculate only ONE Cell !!!
Dear I Wannt to make the excel sheet only calculate one cell that I put a rule in it. Also, can I make the Excel refresh automatically every certain period of time to calculate that Cell.? Thank You Tools|Options|Calculate and check "Manual" You can either trigger the recalcualation manually (select the cell put your curser in the formula bar and press enter) Or by VBA where you could wrap Workbooks("Book1").Worksheets("Sheet1").[A1].Calculate insided a timing routine. Jerry Mahmoud Metwally wrote: > Dear > I Wannt to make the excel sheet onl...

Is MS Project 2007 CAC compatible?
Does anyone know if Project 2007 has the capablility to user authenticate using a CAC? Is there a way to use CAC with the Active Directory option? Any other add-On options available ? Thanks, nkbrgs It should probably be the same as implementing SharePoint with CAC - which looks like it is fairly well documented. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Does anyone know if Project 2007 has the capablility to user > authenticate > using a CAC? Is there a way to use CAC with the Active Directory > option? Any > other add-On options availa...

Chao cac cu microsoft
cac cu van on ca chu? ...

chao cac cu microsoft
please me how do you convert from .rm to .wmv ...

Some address lists may be missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cac
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us The above MS article mentions Outlook 2003 SP1 fixes the issue with regards to some address lists missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode; Problem is we're already running the recommended Service Pack and we still have the problem. Any ideas? Thanks Brett Have you checked permissions on the address list to make sure that people have the rights to view them? Nue "Bretto" <Bretto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC220AA-F13F-474F-B21D-328DB1DD78E1@microsoft.com... > http://support.m...