COUNT IF.... Feature, please help ASAP

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to have the count if feature can
retrieve and count data from more than column, ie; I want it to count all of
my X data in column A and then out of all of those X's in column, how many of
those belong to Y in column C.  Thanks greatly appreciated, this is for a
major spreadhseet I'm producing for work and I want to impress my boss.  BR
0
if (3)

Hi,

Use

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$7="X")*(C2:C7="Y"))

Regards

Govind.

Count If wrote:
> Does anyone out there know if it is possible to have the count if feature can
> retrieve and count data from more than column, ie; I want it to count all of
> my X data in column A and then out of all of those X's in column, how many of
> those belong to Y in column C.  Thanks greatly appreciated, this is for a
> major spreadhseet I'm producing for work and I want to impress my boss.  BR
0
adgraj1 (46)
7/21/2005 1:36:58 AM
Thanks a bunch.  I was so excited to get a response.

Me and my boss are trying this, but we are off by 1 on every example we've
tried.

Any suggestions?

"Govind" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use
>
> =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$7="X")*(C2:C7="Y"))
>
> Regards
>
> Govind.
>
> Count If wrote:
> > Does anyone out there know if it is possible to have the count if feature can
> > retrieve and count data from more than column, ie; I want it to count all of
> > my X data in column A and then out of all of those X's in column, how many of
> > those belong to Y in column C.  Thanks greatly appreciated, this is for a
> > major spreadhseet I'm producing for work and I want to impress my boss.  BR

0
CountIf (1)
7/21/2005 3:11:01 AM
Post your formula, and the ranges you're using, together with their content.
--
Regards,

RD

"Count If" <CountIf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks a bunch.  I was so excited to get a response.
>
> Me and my boss are trying this, but we are off by 1 on every example we've
> tried.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> "Govind" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Use
> >
> > =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$7="X")*(C2:C7="Y"))
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Govind.
> >
> > Count If wrote:
> > > Does anyone out there know if it is possible to have the count if
feature can
> > > retrieve and count data from more than column, ie; I want it to count
all of
> > > my X data in column A and then out of all of those X's in column, how
many of
> > > those belong to Y in column C.  Thanks greatly appreciated, this is
for a
> > > major spreadhseet I'm producing for work and I want to impress my
boss.  BR

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Count

Plz Help: Calling func in EXE from func in DLL -- AfxGetMainWnd() returns null
Hello all, This is in regards to an MFC App created w/ VC6++. I have an .exe that calls funcs in a dll. The dll has a function ptr to a func in the exe. Code in dll: // // pObj is an object created in exe, & // the ptr is passed to the dll. // Foo is a virtual function // pObj->Foo(); Code in exe: void CObj::Foo() { ASSERT( AfxGetMainWnd() ); //<-- returns NULL. } If I add the following line to the 'Foo' function in the .exe: AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); instead of fixing the problem, a new one is created: AfxGe...

Integration Transactions Pls help
Can anyone let me know how much time does the integration manager takes to upload a 10,000 lines(SOP) into GP There are two methods of importing SOP transactions. One uses the SQL optimized adapter and one does not. The method used depends upon the data you would need to map. There are some fields and business logic not available with the SQL adapter. But, assuming you are using the SQL adapter, you should be able to import 10,000 transactions in about 60 minutes or less. If you are using the other one, start it and go home for the night. It will take hours. If you have some reso...

Weboutlook problems.....please help!!!!!
Hi, I am having problems viewing my emails from....I can receive the emails no problem but when I try to read it is says that it can not load the page or that it has a get a Unknown zone. Please help!!! "blondie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:951d01c43381$aa4b0ee0$a601280a@phx.gbl: > I am having problems viewing my emails from....I can > receive the emails no problem but when I try to read it > is says that it can not load the page or that it has a > get a Unknown zone. We'll need more information to assist you. What version of ...

Line count

much needed If/or statement help
Hello, I am not an experienced excel user however I need to find a way fo excel to do a function for me and I have had no luck with if/then/o statements. My question is this. I need a function that will if I pick a selection off a drop down lis present me with a value associated with it. For example. I hav different machine sizes 110,245,385,500,720 and 950 they are in a dro down list. I need to associate electric rates to each of them. 110 4.00 245=4.50 385=5.00 500=5.50 720=6.00 and 950 = 6.50. So when I pic the machine size off of my drop down list in say cell c3 I need th electric rat...

Counting sales

please publish following add to help our community:
Run your Windows PC like a pro! No matter what your skill level, beginner or advanced, You'll find tons of valuable tips, tricks, and ideas in every issue. Become the computer guru you've always wanted to be! I established this forum that I wish to be a place for people who are new to computer field And also for the Intermediate, Experienced...... can get help, and COMPUTER GURUS Who like to share their experience, knowledge, and to help new comers Subscribe to "windows experts zone" Register your ID by visiting http://groups.yahoo.com/group/windowsexpertszone/join or Send ...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

econnect training manual, help me
Dear all, I know that i will get the anwer that go to ms partner and have it from there. but I not renew the service plan due to that GP is giving what we exactly want, so I have 3rd Party application which talk to GP using econnect, I do not expeirence but appreciate if someone give me webcast or econnect training manual. Regards Ali You should be able to purchase the training manual from a CPLS (training center). "Akber Alwani" wrote: > Dear all, > I know that i will get the anwer that go to ms partner and have it from > there. but I not renew the service plan d...

Macro HELP #19
I'm using the following code (author - Ron de Bruin) and need it to add the worksheets to the workbook I have open instead of creating a new workbook. Let's say the workbook I have open is "Christina.xls". This is the workbook where I will be running the macro from. Sub Get_Sheet(PasteAsValues As Boolean, SourceShName As String, _ SourceShIndex As Integer, myReturnedFiles As Variant) Dim mybook As Workbook, BaseWks As Worksheet Dim CalcMode As Long Dim SourceSh As Variant Dim sh As Worksheet Dim I As Long 'Change ScreenUpdating, Ca...

Data Migration Issue .........Please Suggest
Hi, I am required to transfer data from Sql Server 2005 which is in different network and domain, its site runs on internet, To Microsoft CRM 3.0. Please Suggest me as how to achieve this. Thanks in advance Misha ...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Formatting flyer for mailing...help.
I have designed a flyer in Publisher and I want the back to have a space for a mailing address and the upper or lower half have content. I had this option on one version I printed out...but now page 2 is just another template of the first page. I have the book Publisher Step by Step, but cannot find the solution in there either. I am using Publisher 2007 and my operating system is Windows Vista. Can someone help me with this, please? When you insert a new page, isn't it blank? There is a check off in the insert new page to duplicate all items on page 1, maybe you are inadverte...

Public Folder Permissions Issue
Under our Public Folder store in ESM(Exchange System Manager) the inherit permissions under security was unchecked to remove inherited permissions. Now, NOBODY has access to view it, read it, or even list it our public folder structure. Not even the system, or the domain administrator etc. Note, the pub1.edb file where the public folder structure is stored is still intact. How can I get the public folders back to its original state? I have been researching this problem in multiple Exchange News Groups and received information about a tool called ”PFDavAdmin” which errors out. Any i...

Help to modify a formula
This is my formula I need help with, in cell I10 this is entered =IF((I7-I6)*24>4,(I7-I6)*24-0.5,(I7-I6)*24) Problem is when cell I6 & I7 are blank cell I10 shows #value I need it to be blank or 0 any ideas? thanks all. Bob Bob, You should be getting zero when I6 and I7 are empty. It sounds as if there's a space or something like that in the cell. Some folks do that to clear a cell. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeyl.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Bob Bob" <NOeMAILl@mail.com> wrote in me...

Help with Formula 12-07-09
Hi, I posted this yesterday and did not get much response. I wonder if it cannot be done. Any way please read and help me with a formula. Thank you. Ok. I will use a better example. Let's say my sheet 1 shows car sales like Honda, Ford, etc. The rows are months like Jan, Feb, etc. and the columns are dates (1-30 or 31). Of course there are many empty cells because there are dates that I did not sell any car. (To keep it simple, I sell only one car if there is any sale on a day. If I sell Honda, I put "Honda" in my cell, and Ford, "Ford," etc.) The sheet ...

Need help on this formula!
Hello, I need help with a formula I'm trying to create. I have data in column but the data is scattered. For example, there will be a numbe in row 20 then it's blank until row 35, then blank until row 68, and s on. I need a formula that will copy the data to the rows that are blan below it. For example, if row 20 has a number in it I want to cop that number in the blank rows until it reaches the next number. An once it reaches row 35 it will copy that number to the rows below i and so on. I would do this manually but the spreadsheet is huge. Thank you for your help, Olimits...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...