Count coloured cells #2

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way i can get Excel to count cells
that have been designated a certain colour?
Note that the colour is not dependant any any conditional
formatting.
Thanks,

Nick
0
anonymous (74719)

Hi

Have a look here:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--
Andy.

"Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a way i can get Excel to count cells
> that have been designated a certain colour?
> Note that the colour is not dependant any any conditional
> formatting.
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

0
andyb1 (494)
7/13/2004 8:53:40 AM
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:47:07 -0700, "Nick"

>Does anyone know of a way i can get Excel to count cells
>that have been designated a certain colour?
>Note that the colour is not dependant any any conditional
>formatting.

Everything you need:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
0
ApolloXVIII (173)

Excel-how (find/replace) for multifmat cells w/o changing fmat
For a client, i need to be able to find and replace words in cells with 2 formats. But when you replace them,it changes the format of the whole cell, and not just what you changed. Is there any way to work around this without changing the format after all of the find and replaces? Saved from a previous post, but this one has some wordwrap problems fixed: I think you'd have to keep track of each character's font attributes. This works very slowly, but works: Option Explicit Option Compare Text Type myCharacter myChar As String myLen As Long myName As String myFo...

Pivot table and counting.

Cell formating in Excel?
Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? No. -- Best Regards, Luke M "pmarina" <pmarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D25B665-B7B8-477D-AAF8-80A347FFA0DD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? ...

1. Selecting field with "enter"; 2. permanently accepting macros
I have recently upgraded to Access 2007 and two characteristics of my former database are not coming through & I want to get them back. First, in Access 2003, I had set it up so that if I hit "enter" the entire field would be selected. Now "enter" causes the cursor to jump to the next field. How can I change this? Secondly, In my database forms, I had incorporated buttons. Now, each time I open the database, I am given a warning about macros and I have to manually tell the program that the macros are trusted. Unfortunately, Access doesn't accept this an...

comparing data #2
I was wondering is there a way to compare data from 2 columns in a side by side comparison. I have a large list of numbers and what I want to do is copy another list of numbers into the spreadsheet. But I want the numbers in cell A1 and B1 to be equal if they are is not a match then leave cell b1 empty. I want that to continue all the way through the entire worksheet. Maurice, Do you want to end up with 2 separate columns, or are you wanting to merge the 2 lists into 1 list, without duplications? Dave I want 2 side by side columns. With the numbers that are equal right next to each othe...

Cycle Counting

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

How do I stop a user with no admin rights from reading other email #2
How do I stop a user with no possible admin rights from reading other emails. How is this possible. ...

To keep in just one cell all values related to a monthly rate
I have to update in a monthly basis a currency rate. I know that there is a function, formula (or something like that) to link a month descripton to a number. e.g. September09 1,325 October09 2,235 November09 1,258 I would like to select correspondent month and the cell be updated with the value. Data Validation dropdown list for choosing the month combined with a lookup table and VLOOKUP function. For help on creating data validation dropdown lists see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html For help on VLOOKUP to populat...

Can I limit a cell to 2 characters?
Is there a way in Excel to limit the number of characters in a cell? Thanks Frank By checking the length of the cell =LEN(A1)=2 in your custom validation. Look for Data Validation on Debra Dalgleish's site. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Frankc" <Frankc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842747F1-1792-4BB5-B3CE-707C7CC5F88F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Excel to lim...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Converting from Quicken #2
I have just purchased Money Standard and want to convert my quicken data, but it keeps telling me that it can't find all the Quicken files. I have searched teh whole HD for files with the same name as my data file and copied them to the same dir but still no luck. When I download the demo from the web it converts it with no hassles but then I can't get the satandard version to open that file. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to loose years of work. Thanx In microsoft.public.money, MCLuke wrote: >I have just purchased Money Standard and want to convert my...

change highlight color on active cells
How do I change the active highlight color of an active cell. Louis Only though VBA. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static OldCell As Range If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone End If Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow Set OldCell = Target End Sub This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy and paste into that module. Chip Pearson has a great add-in named Rowliner.xla that will make the highlighting available for all sheets and workbooks. The code above w...

Count

2 2k7 servers, no owa?
i have 2 e2k7 servers on a test envirnment with mailbox, hub and client access roles on two domain controllers(both global catalog). i'm testing recovery procedures so i shutdown server1, after that i can't access owa on server2 and all exchange services crashed, after starting them, owa times out and load nothing. any ideas? ...

Resources
I understand there is a feature in Great Plains where I can pull up any screen in eEnterprise and see what column and table that text box is linked to? Is this true? What are the steps to get this information? ...

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

Line count

Counting sales

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

2 further: capture Event from MS Web browser (shdocvw.dll) 2
Hi all, Thanks for your guidence... >Another way, as shown by Paul Dilaschia might work for you. He >discussed it few years ago in MSDN: >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx >He simply subclasses the IE window and traps some messages. I suspect >it will do what you are looking for. I have looked that example it was something i was looking for... But ..... My primary concern is to display MS Office documents and PDF document. I have tried to load such documents And they were loaded but was getting crashed In d'tor.... ? Another thing that als...

Shipping document #2
Hi, I am using GP 10 with the Country/Region Selection as United States. Since I have a peculiar requirement for shipping documents. I came to know regarding German Shipping documents which will suit my requirement exactly, but it requires Germany as Country/Region Selection. Is there anyway to use this Germany shipping documents eventhough my installation is United States? Anyone has that chunk file which will work in United States installation? Thanks in advance. Madan ...