Could Use Some Help!

I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
I have a worksheet with the following formula,
=+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF864)

This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert  "n/a")
If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!.  My question,
is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains
text?  The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text.

You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this.

Thanks in advance,  Lovella
0
Lovella

Try this:

=SUM(BZ864,CB864:CF864,CA864*BZ864)

--
HTH,

RD

"Lovella" <u15634@uwe> wrote in message news:572b4c272266f@uwe...
> I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
> I have a worksheet with the following formula,
> =+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF864)
>
> This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert  "n/a")
> If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!.  My question,
> is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains
> text?  The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text.
>
> You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this.
>
> Thanks in advance,  Lovella
0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/10/2005 9:18:23 PM
RagDyer:

Thanks for the rsponse... it didn't work.. same "VALUE! error.
I'm thinking,  the IF Then Else.. formula.. If cell =text ignore..
Else Add. something like that but I don't know how to do it.
It may take a VB program. but I'm just learning that.
Thanks again for trying.    Lovella

Lovella wrote:
>I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
>I have a worksheet with the following formula,
>=+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF864)
>
>This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert  "n/a")
>If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!.  My question,
>is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains
>text?  The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text.
>
>You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this.
>
>Thanks in advance,  Lovella

Lovella
11/11/2005 3:23:24 PM
If you get value using that formula than you must have text in either CA864
or BZ864 or value error itself in any of the cells

SUM ignores text but using an operand like + - * / and text will trigger it
so the CA864*BZ864 part is the culprit unless you have errors in any other
cell involved

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Lovella via OfficeKB.com" <u15634@uwe> wrote in message
> RagDyer:
>
> Thanks for the rsponse... it didn't work.. same "VALUE! error.
> I'm thinking,  the IF Then Else.. formula.. If cell =text ignore..
> Else Add. something like that but I don't know how to do it.
> It may take a VB program. but I'm just learning that.
> Thanks again for trying.    Lovella
>

> Try this:
>
> =SUM(BZ864,CB864:CF864,CA864*BZ864)
>

> Lovella wrote:
> >I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
> >I have a worksheet with the following formula,
> >=+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF864)
> >
> >This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert  "n/a")
> >If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!.  My question,
> >is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains
> >text?  The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text.
> >
> >You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this.
> >
> >Thanks in advance,  Lovella

terre081 (3244)
11/11/2005 3:35:07 PM
Peo Sjoblom/RagDyer:

YOU DID IT.   It Works..!.   I found some stray "n/a's"  ,
with the Find function.   It's a huge worksheet.  Ajusted
RagDyer's formula.  It works.  Can't thank you guys
enough.   Your help was very much appreciated.
This is a Terrific Site!     Excel PROS..
Thank you.
Sincerely,    Lovella

Lovella wrote:
>RagDyer:
>
>Thanks for the rsponse... it didn't work.. same "VALUE! error.
>I'm thinking,  the IF Then Else.. formula.. If cell =text ignore..
>Else Add. something like that but I don't know how to do it.
>It may take a VB program. but I'm just learning that.
>Thanks again for trying.    Lovella
>
>Try this:
>
>=SUM(BZ864,CB864:CF864,CA864*BZ864)
>
>>I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
>>I have a worksheet with the following formula,
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>>
>>Thanks in advance,  Lovella

Lovella
11/11/2005 4:14:08 PM
And we appreciate you taking the time to let us know the result.
--
Regards,

RD

> Peo Sjoblom/RagDyer:
>
> YOU DID IT.   It Works..!.   I found some stray "n/a's"  ,
> with the Find function.   It's a huge worksheet.  Ajusted
> RagDyer's formula.  It works.  Can't thank you guys
> enough.   Your help was very much appreciated.
> This is a Terrific Site!     Excel PROS..
> Thank you.
> Sincerely,    Lovella
>
> Lovella wrote:
> >RagDyer:
> >
> >Thanks for the rsponse... it didn't work.. same "VALUE! error.
> >I'm thinking,  the IF Then Else.. formula.. If cell =text ignore..
> >Else Add. something like that but I don't know how to do it.
> >It may take a VB program. but I'm just learning that.
> >Thanks again for trying.    Lovella
> >
> >Try this:
> >
> >=SUM(BZ864,CB864:CF864,CA864*BZ864)
> >
> >>I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
> >>I have a worksheet with the following formula,
> >[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
> >>
> >>Thanks in advance,  Lovella

ragdyer1 (4060)

HELP WITH VBA
I am trying to finish writing some simple program. My problem is that when I try and change the arguement from SELECTION CHANGE to CHANGE, it doesn't work. Can someone help? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("B3").Value = 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F3") = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F4").Value End Sub My second problem is that I would like my data rather than appearing in a cell, appear in a TEXT BOX. What do I do? Copying your exact same post from 3 days ago word...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

USage of Substitue product please help me!
Hi all. It is my curiosity and limited knowledge made me to ask this question. what is the usage of substitue product in crm. I didnt find any speciality in the case connecting it to opportunty, Quote, And others. Any know its practical usage plese help me to know about it. I am looking for ward some functinalities to packes the product, and select the different products in the package on opportunity area. Advance thnks for any help -- I am new in SBS 2003. trying to study myself. pleas ehelp me ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Need help with code...
I have a problem. I have a drop down combo box called "Query status" with two options: "outstanding" and "completed". The record can't be changed to "completed" until certain other fields have ALL been entered but there is an extra complication. One other combo box can be either "other" or "invoice". Two extra fields need to be entered if this combo is "invoice" otherwise they aren't mandatory. In full this is the code I currently have in the "after update" event of each field: If Me.Qry_QryType =...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Was this post helpful to you?
Hi gang, Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post helpful to you? " In a case where I posted a question and received numerous helpful responses, which collectively provided the final solution, do I select Yes for each response that was helpful, or just select Yes on the very last post when the topic has ended? Thanks Peter On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:44:01 -0700, Petermgr <Petermgr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi gang, > >Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post >helpful to you? "...

Help pasting Word table into Excel, please?
(Using Word and Excel XP) I have a table in Word with no merged cells. The text in some cells, however, contain line or paragraph breaks. When copied and pasted into Excel, these cells are always formatted as merged, with a new cell at each line or paragraph break. Is there any way around this, so a cell will copy as a single cell with the breaks in the text? Ed I don't see how merged cells comes into play.... But saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. On...

Second Post- Need Help with Wizard Property Sheet
I am using the CPropertySheetEx property sheet in an MFC application as follows. m_psh.hbmHeader = LoadBitmap( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE( IDB_NEW_QUERY_HEADER ) ); m_psh.hbmWatermark = LoadBitmap( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE( IDB_NEW_QUERY_WATERMARK ) ); m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_WATERMARK | PSH_HEADER | PSH_WIZARD97 | PSH_USEHBMHEADER | PSH_USEHBMWATERMARK; The bitmap however is being tiled instead of just placing it on the right side of the header. There has to be some flag to stop tiling the bitmap. I have an executable compiled by someone else no longer at...

Allow temporarily use of right click

help with cell referencing in named ranges
I have a named range covering about 30 columns of data. I'd like to lookup within the named range based on values in the 1st column, and a specific date which is the label on top of each of the other 29 columns. I have typed in a new column number as necessary, but I'd like to automate the column number by looking at a separate cell which gives the date. Ex: Dates across the top of the named range are 1/1/90, 1/1/91, etc thru 1/1/2003(in sheet1). Lets say I have a cell in sheet2(d1)that has the date 1/1/2003. In that same sheet starting in cell a1 I have a value which ...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Help creating an activity
I'm trying to create a Phone Call activity, but I'm just getting message from the server saying 'SOAP Server Application Faulted'. Here's some sample code (ignore the word wrap)... note that I'm not actually setting the strings manually as shown - they are being generated programmatically - I'm just showing what they actually amount to when the problem occurs. The credentials shouldn't be a problem - I'm using impersonation, and the call to oBizUser.WhoAmI() works fine... ----------- BizUser oBizUser = new BizUser(); oBizUser.Url = "http://lo...