could someone help me with design of a sheet

Hi
I want to add a background to my sheet and I wonder if it possible t
remove the outline of the cells? So you don't have a "light grey grid
over the background

One way:

Tools/Options/View, uncheck the gridlines checkbox.

In article <mowen.17iyza@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 mowen <<mowen.17iyza@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> Hi
> I want to add a background to my sheet and I wonder if it possible to
> remove the outline of the cells? So you don't have a "light grey grid"
> over the background.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
6/8/2004 9:59:14 AM
Thanks alot! JE McGimpsey

best regards
Run

Help Context ID
How can I list all or find a particular Help Context ID so that I can open the standard Access / Visual Basic / Excel help files and go straight to a given topic ? ...

Help! I lost my Tools!
I lost my Tools option... On the File Menu... I have File, Edit, Favorites, Actions, Help - but no Tools? Can anyone help?!? Thanks! Try this: Select View | Toolbars | Customize | Toolbars | Menu Bar | Reset -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "-=Sojourn=-" <p.ferrisRePlY@rogers.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1a92a67d85fee907989695@66.185.95.104... > I lost my Tools option... On the File Menu... > > I have File, Edit, Favorites, Acti...

Change sheet number in formula
Is there a way to do the following. I have a sheet with a formula that reference to another sheet. I need to pull a number from the same cell in every sheet. I want to do a summary of some sheets using the formula... =+'Sheet1'!A1 =+'Sheet2'!A1 Instead of hard coding the sheet number in the above formula, is there a way to reference a sheet number from another cell.?? ie Cell A1 = Sheet1" Cell A2 = "Sheet2" Then have another cell that pulls from A1 =+'CellA1'!A1 Very difficult to explain.... hope that made some sense... Thanks ** Post...

Unable to have someone receive my emails
I have two email accts. that I have had with msn for a while now. I have just started really utilizing my Outlook program with these accts. and everything was fine up until three days ago when now all of a sudden with my hotmail acct. I can send messages - and they are marked as sent - but they are NOT being received. I have tested it on my own msn email acct. and have confirmed that. I have tried everything I can think of from uninstalling to re- adding all email accts. Does anyone have any insight for me? Deb wrote: > I have two email accts. that I have had with msn for a >...

sheet headers
how do you make the header only appear on the first sheet? this is mor of a MS word question probably, but i'm doing invoices in excel and only want the company header on the first page of the invoic -- apple ----------------------------------------------------------------------- apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27774 Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "apples" <apples.1fm860@excelforum-nos...

Need code help for controls
Sorry if I don't know what I'm talking about. I saved an spreadsheet as a single file web page and want viewers to be able to use command buttons in the browser to sort the data several ways. I tried using command buttons from the "forms" toolbar with a macro but it doesn't function in the browser (ie6). Then I discovered the "Control" toolbar, but I don't know how to write code to do what I want. Am I looking in the right direction? Thanks for any help. ...

Help With Charts...
Hi all, I have a fairly large list of data that is traking my stock trades. The data is listed 2/2/04 2/15/04 3/05/04... all the way from january to december each month has about 50 transactions. These dates are the dates sold. I have another column that has the % +/- of each trade. How can I make a chart that plots each trade and its percentage increase. and then I want another chart thats monthly +/- Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Confused Man ...

Someone keeps using my Exchange
The queue keeps filling up. 60k messages in 6hrs. I have enabled message filtering and check there is no relay. I tested using one of the ms articles and I don't get 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@spam.com -or- 250 2.1.5 user@spam.com I get unrecongized email address. I am trying to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324958 but the queue never stops filling up. Right-click SmallBusiness SMTP Connector, and then click Properties. If you have more than one SMTP Connector, the one that you want to work with in the following steps is the one that contains the "*" (ast...

Help please? #2
=COUNTIF(C4:L4,"W") i put that formula in but its not workin -- H4F ----------------------------------------------------------------------- H4Fi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27657 ...

Help #10
i have the following VBA running in a workbook and i have a problem when running 1. When i add another sheet to the workbook it will search the first worksheet and a message box will appear and the correct cell will be activated, however on the second sheet it will just go to the first cell and no message box appears. any help please. Option Explicit Sub FindItAll() Dim oSheet As Object Dim Firstcell As Range Dim NextCell As Range Dim WhatToFind As Variant WhatToFind = Application.InputBox("What are you looking for ?", "Search", , 100, 100, , , 2)...

4 graphs / one sheet / cramming for space
Hi, I have four pie charts that are displayed on one 8.5" x 11" worksheet. I am having a difficult time resizing so that that all play nice on the same sheet. Is there an easy way to size multiple charts so they fit nicely on one page ? I have been dragging corners for hours but can't seem to get it right. Thanks, Orlando In general, pie charts are not a good choice for data displays. Human perception is not so precise when judging angles or areas as lengths and distances, and pie charts use a lot of area to show a small amount of data. In most cases, data from multiple p...

Can someone help me.
I want to make a database with all our customers. Then be able to open a billing statement and just click and insert all their information from the database. I am not sure which progeam to use or how to do it. So if Jane doe from 33 riverside dr pittstburg pa 11111 can in and had a tune up on her snowblower, I want to open the statement template (which I assume I would have to make) and click on on name & it insert her name address and what was done & I can just print it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank tammy It sounds to me that you do not want the Excel foru...

XML Books
Hai Groups I am new to Xml. I want to implement xml with dotnet for my forthcoming projects. I had plan to buy good book xml it shoud cover xml.xquery,xpath etc. If anybody give the information to buy a good xml book. Please mention book name,author name with detail. If there any URL Ebook for me forward it Thanks in advance -- Best Regards by Myl ...

HELP!!!!
my mac was about to open my microsoft products when an error report popped up i dont know what to dp this was the error report message Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2010-02-27 12:49:33 -0500 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.3.091001 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unknown Blame Module Offset: 0x00075354 App...

How do I set a formula to get text from sheet 2 to sheet 1?
I have text definitions on sheet 2, I have the text words on sheet 1, How can I create a formula to insert the definitions to the corresponding text with the words on sheet 1? I am new to excel so please help me step by step. thank you "JJacobs" wrote: > I have text definitions on sheet 2, I have the text words on sheet 1, How can > I create a formula to insert the definitions to the corresponding text with > the words on sheet 1? I am new to excel so please help me step by step. thank > you You can write a formula so that one cell on a particular sheet will ...

Help with Spamkiller?
Spamkiller is not allowing all accepted e-mail through to my inbox. It will allow some through and not others. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to as to which gets through or not. I have set and re-set the options and even put them back to default. I have to read my e-mail throught the spamkiller window. Even e-mail that was on the blocked list that I have accepted won't come through the inbox. Can anybody help? Office 2003 Have you checked with the folks at Spamkiller? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Need help creating a formula for a specific result
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I am trying to create a formula to get a specific result. I will explain what I need to do and then give a example of numbers with the correct answer. The problem that I am having when typing it in is that there is an error. So if someone could tell me how to type this formula properly, I would appreciate it. I need to add several numbers: then divide: then subtract 35: then multiply by 85%. Number example: 50+50+50+=150 / 3 = 50 - 35 = 15 * 85% = 12.75 Thanks in advance for your help. One way: Assume your three numbers are in A1:A3: ...

Help with a IF formula
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to have if and research in the same formula? I need to have a fomula that looks into a cell for a certain item described in a list and if its not there to search into a second set of data . and if its in either to right nothing for the moment, I may need to add more later. Thank you for your help! You can nest your conditions lke this IF(Test for first value, return answer, IF(check for second value,return answer,0)) =IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,B1:B10,0))),"First One Found",IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,C1:C10,0))),"Second On...

Macro help #12
Hi, I am working on a macro in Excel 2003 Pro, and everytime I go to sort a column of data. There are about 10 rows of data in about 200+ columns. I can only get the macro to sort the column that I edited it with. How can I create the macro, so each time I click on the first row of each column, click the macro button I will assign to the toolbar, then that row will be sorted, and do this for each column? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Jeff Garrett (user_jeff@hotmail.com) Hi Jeff please post your current code and then we can suggest changes to it. Cheers JulieD "...

Help in macro coding
Dear, I am working on a macro which trims the raw data into a desired one. i would require your help in adding the macro code to delete the entire row if it does not matches to my requirement. Say Column D has data which gives the name of the individuals. I would only require the rows which has the below mentioned names in the column D. Like John, Peter, Sandra and Kate. The macro code should identify these names, keep the rows having these and delete all other rows which do not match to these names. Please help. As ALWAYS, post your coding efforts for comments and su...

Prove someone is reading someone else's email...
Domain Admins have full control over all mailboxes in our Information Store. I suspect a user with Domain Admins is reading email inappropriately. How can this be proven when the security log displays the same event for viewing someone's calendar as it does when someone opens their inbox? I already turned up Mailbox logon DL to no avail (unless I need to restart system attendant to enable this setting). Any suggestions? You can always get a keylogger. "coyboy84" <coyboy84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1E7955A-0CB6-45AC-B8EE-43C82A0A85B4@micr...

Help Excel!!!
I have a large 40+ page Excel document w/all financial data (i.e., Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, Production Schedules) and all pages are in landscape. How do I get it into Publisher without losing formats? Please help. -- Jeanette ...

PLEASE Help me generate this report
PLEASE someone help me out here!! I would like to see a report that has the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. NOT Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the report, Show/Hide Columns)as this report has all individual sales. Other colums I would like to see on this report is item description, cost,profit qty sold, and qty on hand. The report I really want this on is the Top Items. THANKS! CT ...

help me out please with copy paste
Hello everyone, It am a little frustrated. I am using outlook express and the problem is that when i reply or forward a message i cannot copy, paste text or table or anything into the message. Yeah if i compose it orginially it works fine. Can anyone help me out with this. I would appreciate a lot. have a nice day, --Bilal :( Make sure the message format is HTML. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.a...

Help Please 10-03-07
I'm using the code below to send a mass email to multiple recipients. I'm getting the addresses from a table. I'm trying to do this in Lotus notes. But only the first 3 address in the list work. The rest don't show up. If i reduce the list then it does show, but i can't fit even 25% of it. Is there a way around this ? I know i'm not exceeding the Lotus notes limit of how many poeple i can send my email to. Is this some sort of access hickup ? Private Sub Command103_Click() Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset Dim strEmail As String rs.Open "YourEmai...