copyright symbol #2

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep
Excel from inserting the copyright symbol when you
enter "(C)"?

Go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options, click on the entry
for "(C)" and delete it.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
1/24/2005 9:00:33 PM
You can turn it off for good under tools>autocorrect and delete it (note that
autocorrect changes are done for the whole of Office like Word etc)
or you can press space and ctrl + z when you enter it  and it will revert
without changing auocorrect

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Donna" wrote:

> This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you keep
> Excel from inserting the copyright symbol when you
> enter "(C)"?

0
PeoSjoblom (789)
1/24/2005 9:07:04 PM
Thanks, Jason!  I knew auto-correct was there but I kept
overlooking it.

Donna in Dallas

Update Rollup 2 CRM 1.2
Hi, I search documentations, links, informations, ... about the tools : "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.AdminTool.exe", "MSCRMBUConstraintTool.exe", and "CrmAdRecovery.exe", which are installed in "\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin", with the "Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM Server 1.2" (KB904435) And also for a tool called "crmadchecker.exe". Thanks for your reply. Gregory. ...

symbol font in chart doesn't appear
I use symbol font in spread sheet (alpha, beta, ...), and then make a chart based on them but in chart they don not appear as symbol font. They are read "a", "b". How can I solve to read greece alphabets in charts? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan Hi, The chart does not automatically pick up the font attributes from the cells. So you will have to apply the formatting yourself. Double click the axis and via the Font tab of the Format dialog set the Font to Symbol. Cheers Andy Khoshravan w...

template problem #2
I have got a problem about template class. I have wrote a template class like the following. template <typename T> class CShuffle { public: CShuffle(); .... } template <typename T> CShuffle<T>::CShuffle() { .... } class CShuffleItem { ... }; CShuffle<CShuffleItem> m_Shuffle; When I declare this class, and call its member functions, linker error occurs like this: MyWARCallback.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CShuffle<class CShuffleItem>::CShuffle<class CShuffleItem>(void)" (??0?$CShuffle@VCShuffleItem@@...

5.2.1 error message from sender
I have Exchange 2003 with Symantec anti spam. A outside user is trying to email our organization and they received the following error message. Do you know if our email server is rejecting the sender because of them being on a spam list? Would it be the Symantec or Exchange doing the rejection? What can we do to white list them? We've had another sender having the same issue of the spam site message. > This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim). > > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its > recipients. This is...

counting embedded text #2
If I format the information with "Valid" or "Not Valid" first followe by an explaination, it works. The other option is to separate th status from the explaination. IE: have a separate column called vali and put a yes or no and count those. I only have about 45 entries s far, so it isn't that big of deal. So far, using the wildcard seems to be working -- Shocke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shocked's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

AOL #2
I know that Outlook can be used to check AOL mail using IMAP. I am having some difficulty doing this with a third party ISP, changing the SMTP settings to that third party ISP. E-mails are coming in OK but failing to go out. I do know that the ISP allows outgoing mail from other ISP's. I have tried changing the port number and authentification as suggested in AOL guidelines but this strikes me as wrong since in this scenarion the SMTP settings are normally changed to that of the outgoing ISP. Can anyone tell me if this is actually possible and what settings to use. THANK YOU, Robb...

Can't get symbol
I use money to track my stock on a daily basis. I recently purchased four bonds and entered them on my investment program. In the process of entering them I could not find any place to enter the symbol for each one in order to have the auto update feature work as it does with my stocks etc. Is there a way to in put the symbols in order to have this feature work when I want to update the progress of the bonds. Thanks Don Djpkos@msn.com In microsoft.public.money, "Djpkos@msn.com" <Djpkos@msn.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I use money to track my stock on a daily...

Is 4th January 2010 = Week 2??
Dear all, Happy New Year! I am using the following formula to show week number ="WEEK " & WEEKNUM(NOW(),1) However I notice today 4th January 2010 turns out to be WEEK 2 and the correct WEEK number should be 1 instead. Do you think there is something wrong with the formula? Also how to show correct week number from a date like 4th January 2010 is equal to W101 or 10W1? Your support is greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Ngin Hong Look in Excek help for weeknum and you'll see why. If you want the ISO week number use Chip pearson's function Pu...

Comments #2
When a new comment is created, the comment window opens up with the user name in bold. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set a default so that it doesn't display the user name? I have to delete it every time and it's a bit of a pain.... Many thanks, martin Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Shape -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Martin Ibbotson wrote: > When a new comment is created, the comment window opens up with the > user name in bold. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set a > default so that it doesn't display the us...

Excel 2 word
is it possible to automatically link excel and word (i currently use excel 2003) so that when i input a figure in to excel it automatically replicates itself in word? Ollie, Copy your cell in Excel then navigate to Word and select where you want the values to go then Edit|Paste special Select Paste Link Click OK Mike "Ollie" wrote: > is it possible to automatically link excel and word (i currently use excel > 2003) so that when i input a figure in to excel it automatically replicates > itself in word? ...

how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ?
how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ? this windows service is about 4 years old and im pretty sure is using .net 1.x runtime. Is there soem setting in the installer that says to use .net 2.0 instead of .net 1.0? this windows service is developed in visual studio 2002 Hi. As far as I know, the exe-files compiled to .net 1.x will always be tied to that 1.x runtime. Making the service run in 2.0 can be done, but why would you want to? One way to do it would be to make a new service that depends on the former exe-file and just simply uses the methods and such in that file as ...

Symbols (Icons) in Sent Folder
I can't seem to find reference to the symbols used in the Sent folder. 1. Specifically, in the "Sort by: Icon" column, I'd like to know what the open envelope with the blue "i" in a circle means. I notice that this never appears for mail sent out of the office, but it may or may not appear for mail sent to individuals in the office and in the mailbox. I also noticed that the sent items with that symbol have a tracking tab, while those without the "i" do not - so I'm assuming they may be related. If so, I can understand why I can't tra...

Outlook 2003 cached mode
We seem to be getting more cases of people not being able to receive new email whilst in Cached mode (2003 SP2). Usually deleting the .ost file will work but only temporary. I heard that it could be a corrupt message in the mailbox which could cause this but moving %50 of a users mailbox to a non-synching folder isn't very practical especially if we are getting this problem several times a day. Can anybody offer any other ways to fix? If you can find the bad message you could remove it perhaps using something like PFDAVADMIN. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world ...

Multiply defined symbols
Why would I get the following link error? mfcs42d.lib(dllmodul.obj) : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(dllmain.obj) mfcs42d.lib(dllmodul.obj) : warning LNK4006: _DllMain@12 already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(dllmain.obj); second definition ignored This is a DLL being built in VC++ v6.0SP5 Many thanks Just add /Force in compiler option and try. OR See this article in MSDN http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q148/6/52.asp "Andrew Chalk" <achalk@XXXmagnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message news:Oy7bXeY8DHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > W...

Please help me. #2
presently I link b1 and f1 of "payment" sheet to d1 and e1 of anothe sheet. What function should I apply in e1 when I link b1 then in e1 cell th f1 value should reflect automatically. _*d1__*_ *_e1_* b1 of payment next 4th column's value Please help me. thanks in advance skara -- kumawat_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kumawat_s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=869 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57337 your question...

Sent folder icons (symbols) in Outlook
This may be a very simple-minded question, but I can’t seem to find reference to it anywhere. 1. There is a symbol in the Sent folder, in the “Sort by: Icon” column that looks like an opened envelope with a blue “I” in a circle. What does this icon mean? It seems to appear for some, but not all, mail I’ve sent to people within my organization (on the Outlook system and in the mailbox. In fact, sometimes it will appear for the same person at some times, but not at others. It never appears for people outside of our network. I also noticed that when it appears, the message includes a...

How do I turn off the Copyright Symbol?
Every time I enter left parens( the letter "c" and then right parens ) I get the copyright symbol. How do I resolve this? Go to Tools->Options->Spelling tab then select AutoCorrect Options. From here you'll see a check box labeled Replace text as you type. Underneath you'll see the copyright symbol. You can either choose t delete it or just uncheck the box. Good luck -- martialtige ----------------------------------------------------------------------- martialtiger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=474 View this thread:...

CTabCtrl Problem #2
I am using a Tabed interface in my application. While user removing one tab manually, My application have a option for the next selected tab (Adjucent Right or Left). This is working fine for me. In one case, the number of tabs are more than the number of tabs can show in a window, user scroll to the last tab bar and try to close the tab starting from last one. According to the setting (Adjucent Left) my application select the tab adjucent left to the one closed. The code looks like if(m_tabctrl.GetItemCount() > 0) { if(index - 1 >= 0) index--; m_tabctrl.SetCurSel(index); /...

Microsoft 1.2 to 3.0 Migration... SOS!
Hi All, We're attempting to migrate a test enviroment, currently running Windows 2003 Enterprise Server and Microsoft CRM 1.2. During the upgrade advisor I get a warning message stating the following: Microsoft CRM Database ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Warning: The Indexes on the Microsoft CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft CRM 1.2 indexes ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We've never did any customizations on the Microsoft CRM databases therefore all ...

Outlook automatically closes after 2 minutes
About 2 minutes after starting Outlook 2000 running on Windows 2000, it closes automatically. I see nothing in the Event Viewer log files and I don't see any malicious processes running in Task Manager when it happens. I've scanned for viruses with the latest data file and found no viruses. I've also ran in Safe Mode and the same problem still occurs. The only error in the log files is a sproradic userenv error Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1722). All other apps seem to be fine. It doesn't seem tied to Outlook timed events, such a...

The page cannot be found #2
Exchange 2003, OWA 2003 &Outlook 2003. Outside company premise, when using OWA to read mails, some mails cannot be displayed. It shows "The page cannot be found". When read mails in company premise (LAN connectivity) using either OWA or Outlook, it has no problem. What goes wrong???? We have a customer with the exact same problem. Certain messages can not be displayed in OWA from outside, while those same messages can be read from inside using Outlook or OWA. Dean "Emyeu" wrote: > Exchange 2003, OWA 2003 &Outlook 2003. > Outside company premise, when...

customise timeline
Hi there, I need to set up a customised timeline with a "day 0" - it's to do a month end timetable for an accounting function. Day 0 would be the last day of the month and is the reference point day -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 4 etc Do you know how I can set this up? At the moment it goes from day 1 to day -1 and I need a day 0 in between. Thanks Thanks, Hi robbo, Are you trying to customize the Gantt chart timeline? If so, I'm sorry, the answer is no. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mv...

Customization Certification 1.2
I would like to know the difficult of the CRM Customization Exam. I have the Application Certification. Which is more difficult: Application or Customization? Thanks. -- Troy D. Chinula is the guy! http://www.ilovelive.com Customization is harder. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "MATTBIONDI" <MATTBIONDI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79CF8B90-6747-475E-A51C-7B24E13FEC62@microsoft.com... I would like to know the difficult of the CRM Customization Exam. I have the Application Certification. Which is more difficult: Application or Customization? Thanks...

EDIT FUND SYMBOLS
I ENTERED SOME FUNDS AND MIXED THE SYMBOLS UP. NOW I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE RIGHT SYMBOLS TO THE RIGHT FUND NAMES. I DELETED THE ACCOUNT, BUT WHEN I TRY TO ENTER THE FUNDS OVER IT SAYS THE SYMBOL IS ALREADY BEING USED. I EVEN REINSTALLED THE PROGRAM BUT I GUESS A DATA FILE SURVIVED BECAUSE THE FUND NAMES WITH THE WRONG SYMBOLS ATTACHED ARE STILL THERE. HELP. Please don't SHOUT. It hurts my eyes, and is entirely unnecessary. Your Caps Lock key: learn it, use it, love it. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=139. "DAVID SWINGLE" <DSWINGLE@CENTURYTEL.NET> ...

Public Contacts folder #2
How do you create a public contacts folder in Exchange 2003 for everybody in the company to see and to add contacts to? Take a look here http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF018.html -- Michael Bell Bell Consulting Services, Inc. No emails please. "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:156ab01c4465e$a678c7e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > How do you create a public contacts folder in Exchange > 2003 for everybody in the company to see and to add > contacts to? ...