copying Word-Table to Excel

When copying a table (where a table item contains
formatted text with "line breaks") to Excel, each "line
break" generates a new sub-row and not, as wanted, an
equivalent "line break" in the corresponding excel cell
(which can be generated manually by pressing ALT+ENTER).

How can I reach this?
Is it, alternativly, possible to generate the ALT+ENTER in
Excel automaticly by using a special control caracter in
the "replace" field of the search&replace function?

Peter
0
ppccc (1)

If you change the table in Word to use a special character instead of a carriage return, then
when you get it into Excel you can replace that character with character number 10. To do that,
in the Replace with box, hold down the ALT key and on the numeric keypad type 0010.

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:53:07 -0700, "peter" <ppccc@web.de> wrote:

>When copying a table (where a table item contains
>formatted text with "line breaks") to Excel, each "line
>break" generates a new sub-row and not, as wanted, an
>equivalent "line break" in the corresponding excel cell
>(which can be generated manually by pressing ALT+ENTER).
>
>How can I reach this?
>Is it, alternativly, possible to generate the ALT+ENTER in
>Excel automaticly by using a special control caracter in
>the "replace" field of the search&replace function?
>
>Peter

0
myrnalarson (223)
8/29/2003 7:57:54 PM
Just to add to Myrna's reply:

That table in word can contain both the newline ^l and new paragraph ^p marks.
Each of these cause trouble in excel.  So change both of them to that special
character.  (I like to use $$$$$.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??
I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping (using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need just a few more things to tie up. Anyone interested in helping?? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'. Thank you, Scott ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Why not post your questions here so that others may benefit from any solution offered. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to complete a ...

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

local copy of mail

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Getting Windows Installer when trying to open Excel files
I have suddenly begun experiencing a problem when trying to open Excel files or the application itself. I get Windows Installer saying it's trying to load Office XP Small Business, and asking for the CD. I don't have the CD, as my PC came loaded with Office already on it. When I subsequently click "Cancel", I get an "Error 1706... setup cannot find the required files". I have not done anything new to my PC, and suddenly this problem. What gives? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, AMC Contact the company who sold you the PC, I don't thin...

Word 2007 changes Date Modified in Explorer
Each time I open a document with Word 2007, the date modified is changed in Windows explorer. This happens even when no changer are made to the document. Older versions of Word would change the date in Windows explorer, but then reset it when the document was closed, if no changes were made. How can I stop this That does not happen here. The document must be being saved for the date to change. I have a document here that I open nearly everyday for the purpose of copying and pasting information to reply to messages in these newsgroups and it is still showing the date of 2...

Mail Merge in Word using Outlook contacts
I am using Word 2003's Mail Merge Wizard. When I get to the point where it is asking where to get the data from, I mark the "Outlook contacts" field and then prompted to choose with contacts folder. I only have one, the main "contacts" field in Outlook so I choose that one (I have Outlook open, Working Offline and have the contacts folder open.). When I proceed to the next step where I get the table of information - the fields are fields that would be in my Inbox, not my Contacts folder. I am trying to get the Last Name, First Name, Address, Home Phone number...

Checkboxes in Excel to Access
Hi All, I need to convert an Excel table into Access however the Excel tabl contains checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get the values from th checkbox, ie T/F, referenced. Any ideas will be much appreciated Thank -- rodmasters23Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i What happens when you import the Excel data into an Access table? -- More info, please ... Jeff Boyce <Office/Access MVP> "rodmasters23" <rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com... > > Hi All, > > I need to convert an Excel table in...

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

subtotal copy and paste

Planner in Excel
Hi, Need your help to create a simple planner in Excel. I found plenty calendars, nice planners, plain and array formula solutions but they all appeared to be formatted as normal calendar grid (by weeks) or dates distributed down the column. I need dates distributed across the single row with week's numbers and days above. Let's say following set up (formatting): 1. Columns 1 and 2 are reserved for project number, project name 2. Row 1 - month name 3. Row 2 - week number (formatted centred for 7 weekdays in row 3) 4. Row 3 - day (Monday-Sunday) repeated only for the actual dates in ro...

create calculated field for age in pivot tables
I need to create a calculated field for Age from the birth date within a Pivot Table (Excel Office 2007). I can not create age in the data set because it is pulling directly from a data source. I tried just using the formula =INT((TODAY()- Birthday)/365.25) but received an error. Hi That won't work because you cannot use NOW() or TODAY() in PT Calculated fields or items. I think the only way you can do it (approximately) if you cannot add a field to your source data, would be to make a calculated field with the formula =2010-Year(Birthday) -- Regards Roger G...

Rounding in Excel
I need to round a time to the nearest 30 minutes in Excel One way: XL stores times as fractional days, so since 30 minutes is 1/48 of a day: =ROUND(A1*48,0)/48 format as a time. In article <85471F3C-009B-468C-826A-FE979AE7E9BD@microsoft.com>, "DG" <DG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to round a time to the nearest 30 minutes in Excel ...

Relative indentation in Word 2007?
I have a bulleted list with several levels of indentation, and I would like to add some text - beneath each point in the list - that is always indented a bit to the right of however indented that point is. Does relative indentation exist in Word 2007? I would ideally like to define a style that indents the selection relative to what is above it, such that, for example, a paragraph that I apply the style to will always be indented 2 cm to the right of the previous paragraph. Thanks in advance for any help! No, Word doesn't support relative indents. You will have to create...

Office 2008 XML Convertor for Mac 2004 Excel?
Well, the XML Beta convertor works (sort of) for Word 2008 x docs, but what is there for the new Excel .xlsx docs? No convertor mentioned that I can find on MS site. -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" On 8/1/07 1:58 PM, in article labolide-DA22BA.10585301082007@news.giganews.com, "Kurt" <labolide@spacegmail.com> wrote: > Well, the XML Beta convertor works (sort of) for Word 2008 x docs, but > what is there for the new Excel .xlsx docs? > No convertor mentioned that I can find on MS site. There is no converter yet. Keep watching mactopia for an...

Access to Excel 02-19-10
I was using Excel spreadsheet then decided to design first Access database. Due to my inexperience with Access I'll keep my excel file as a backup. So here is couple general questions I have before I will go with this project. Is there is a function in Access (one click button) that will update automatically to Excel after I added new entry to Access other then export/import option? I have different tabs in my Excel file (tab with list of servers, vm, websites.) If I want to update from Access to Excel is it possible to place new device name directly under that tab in Ex...