Copying text to Word doc

Is there an EASY way to copy text from Excel cells into Word (without
creating a chart)? My Excel file will include 1,000s of text responses,
which I have to somehow transfer to a Word doc as ordinary text, for a
report. For lesser projects, I've simply cut and pasted the text into
Word, cell by cell (tedious!). But this upcoming project is a huge one.
Any tips?

--
janeite2001
janeite2001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26243

Depending on how format-intensive your Excel sheet is, you might
consider doing a Save As and saving the file in TXT format.  Then
import the TXT file to Word.

0
CycleZen (674)

why do I get a different footer when copying and pasting text
I have a document that I want to copy chunks of into another document, but when I paste it into the new document it completely changes the footer and doesn't match the original or the new documents' footers - does anyone know why this happens and how I can stop this happening please? Hi Dawn, If the material that you are copying contains any section breaks, those section breaks will be copied into your document along with the configuration of the headers and footers that are embedded within them. A section break may look like a little thing, but a lot of information is...

how to write text to a property page
Hi! I have a property sheet containing two property pages. I would like to read some data off a file and print to each of the two pages. Can someone recommend a function that I can use to do this? thanks, Craig C++ Shark wrote: > Hi! > > I have a property sheet containing two property pages. I would like to > read some data off a file and print to each of the two pages. Can > someone recommend a function that I can use to do this? read and keep your data in a suitable form in the property sheet. In each page's OnSetActive, get the sheet pointer: CNewPropertySheet* p...

Why can't I link text to autoshapes
OK - I've searched this group and found numerous references to this issues: I know - select the autoshape, type = in the formula bar then click on the cell you want to link the autoshape to. Press Enter and voil� the text appears in the autoshape. Only problem, it doesn't work for me. Every time I follow those steps, I get a new plain text box, but not the text in the autoshape I started with. Give me a hand, it's been driving me crazy for days! T. As answered in .excel.misc -- '=================================== I'm not sure how John did it, but you could: Select th...

Forwarding a hyperlinked email in WORD
I am having trouble forwarding a hyperlinked email from WORD. I have an image linked to a website address and it works great until it is forwarded. (on a MAC) Than the image disappears and only the http: address remains. Can someone please help me solve this problem? Thank you! Hi, I don't know what method you used to put the picture into the Word document, but try this: From the INSERT menu choose FIELD. In the right side choose INCLUDE PICTURE. In the form field after INCLUDEPICTURE type a backslash followed by the URL of the picture you want to display in the Word document. I...

list box controls
I have a userform list box - the data it is using to populate the list box contains part numbers - some of which are text and some of which are numbers. How do I set it so no matter what type of part number is selected, it will show as text? Thanks in advance. One way would be to apply the CStr function to each value of the ListBox as you use it. For example Range("A1") = CStr(ListBox1.Value) Or if MultiSelect Range("A1") = CStr(ListBox1.List(0) The CStr function forces the data to string type and if it is already string type it ignores it. "...

Make Button Text Bold ???
Is there a way to make the text shown in a button bold? Also can you change the font used for a buttons text? I cant find any way to do this. Thanks! -Chris >Is there a way to make the text shown in a button bold? Also can you change >the font used for a buttons text? I cant find any way to do this. Thanks! Chris, Here's an example that changes the font to italic. Place this code in your dialog's OnInitDialog handler: // TODO: Add extra initialization here /* Get the dialog font */ CFont * pFont = GetFont(); LOGFONT lf; /* Get the LOGFONT for the font */ pFont...

Merging information from Excel to Word doc
Can anyone tell me how to create a merge document in a receipt format from my Excel spreadsheet of vendors. I am a volunteer who recently took over the co-ordinating of a summer market. We are a non-profit organization and have to make maximum use of what we have available. I'd like to be able to create receipts from the spreadsheet by using the mail merge function. Have tried various ways and it does not come out right. Perhaps it's the way the info is entered?? If anyone can help I would be grateful for the time saved from not having to write 177 receipts by hand!! Thank...

Static text wrap with no spaces
Hi, Is there any simple way to get a static control (with 3 lines) to wrap a file pathname that does not have any spaces, (apart from writing an OnPaint() or whatever)? Text wraps fine if there are spaces but is truncated if there are none. Thanks, Jan Not sure about your problem. But, I just read an article about "text wrapping in static control". Maybe useful for you, plz see: http://www.codeproject.com/script/admentor/include/ServeAdHTML.aspx?C=False&id=786 -- Best Regards Yan ZHANG http://www.nict.com.sg/zhang/ "Jan" <biteme@nospam.com> wrote in m...

Superscripts & Overlapping Text
I wish to place a trademark symbol "TM" close to my text and change its font size to make it smaller. When I make it a smaller font size and make it a superscript its vertical position changes to be too low. So I've tried to put the TM in it's own frame box, but when I move it close to the other text, that text disappears. I've tried sending the objects forward and back and making them transparent to no avail so far. Any ideas? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Lefty Smith <leftyssmith@netscape.net>... > I...

How do I change the size of the text box in a flow chart?

Latest Update 12.2.3 crashes WORD

Word Automation
Bug Report (can't find out how to submit bug reports other than here) Summary of bug - Word 2007 automation object throws error 5174 with any filename that has the pound sign (#). I have run into this bug only when using the Automation object for Microsoft Word 2007. I have not tried this with other versions of Word. The file I am opening is a "doc" file, NOT a "docx" or "docm". The filename contains a pound sign (#). I am able to open this file using any other method (File->Open; double-clicking from Windows Explorer; etc). But when opening ...

Drawing Explorer
I've recently upgraded to 2003. I was almost positive that in 2002 I had the option to protect the document with a password. However, in vis 2003 i don't see a password option? How do I keep my users from just opening up the explorer and just un-checking the protection. This feature was removed from Visio 2003 because the password simply wasn't secure enough. Rather than give users a false sense of security, we removed the feature. We are exploring ways to offer more robust protection in the future and would like to hear more about the scenarios where you want document p...

spacing between words NOT between lines or paragraphs
I'm using Word 2007 on Window's Vista. How can I change the space between words? I am working on a template that will use various styles for difference sections. Is there a way to add some extra space between words when using the "Eurostile" font, size 14, condensed by 0.4. To my old eyes, the words are a little close together - any way to modify it? KJ You can type more than one space between words. On Feb 9, 3:16=A0pm, kj <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm using Word 2007 on Window's Vista. =A0How can I change the space betw=...

copy & paste using a formula ?
I am trying to do something that I can find no reference to! 1. I created a section on a sheet (reference area/list/table) with prefilled data. Say 10 c wide x 10 r high . 2. Each row is numbered ascending. 3. Each row is "named" as a range. 4. I have another section of the workbook where I wish to "copy a range" into. This section will be the same 10 x 10. I wish to input a number into a cell, (1-10) this # would reference a row of the data section. I need the program to "copy" the cell range to the new location. over simplified formula: =IF(...

Unapplying PM Docs
I received a message by voiding an open payables transaction: "This document cannot be marked for voiding. It has been partially applied or is on hold" I am having difficulty processing UNAPPLY TO MANUAL PAYMENTS for OPEN and WORK. Please help if someone can just provide the step by step process (very urgent) Thanks The process to Unapply OPEN and HISTORY I understand that the payment should be voided however, please help on how to resolve the message below and also HOW TO UNAPPLY PAYMENTS when it is not OPEN or HISTORY which is WORK. Thanks. "PM" wrote: > I rec...

copy formula only
When I copy a formula down the column the value gets repeated all the way down too . How can I only paste the formula so as the cells stay blank until related cells are filled in to make the calculations. Thanks Steve if(relatedcell="","",relatedcellformula) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Steve Fletcher" <steve.fletcher1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:Oqetb.63$Mw1.40@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > When I copy a formula down the column the value gets repeated all the way > down too . How can I only paste the formul...

Copy worksheet with dynamic chart?
Can a worksheet with a dynamic chart be copied in the same workbook, and have the new worksheet chart still work referencing the cells in the new worksheet? I have worksheets setup with dynamic charts and formulas in the name manager with worksheet scope. When the worksheets are copied the charts disconnect from the formulas and use a set range reference. To fix this problem, I have tried to put the worksheet name into the name manager using a formula and indirect referencing but the name manager wont accept it. You have to use a round-about procedure. Save the workbook, move the sheet to...

Can I copy custom property sets?
I would like to copy a custom property set that I created to another drawing, so I don't have to completely re-enter the data for the fields. Is this possible? Thanks, Bruce You can drop a shape, to wich an apply of a custom property set has been made, in a stencil. when you drop the shape of this stencil in a new document Visio create the property set in the document In fact the property set is stored in a special user defined cell section and it is retrieved when you select the custom property set menu "genmooch" <genmooch@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans l...

copy of worksheet
I have a woorkbook with a master worksheet which include formulas. I want to copy the master into individual sheets but maintain the various formulas. How can I do this To copy a worksheet, right click on the tab with worksheet name. Select 'Move or copy' and follow the directions in the dialog box. (You will need to check the box for 'Create a copy' otherwise it will only move the worksheet.) In the dailog box, Click the dropdown arrow to select same workbook, another open workbook or a new workbook. Regards, OssieMac "TechnoGram" wrote: > I have a w...

text handling in excel 2007
Hi, Does anyone know if they have improved text handling in Excel 2007 - things like word wrap and auto fit working for larger text amounts in a cell, etc.? Thanks! --Randy Starkey Randy Not that I can see, certainly the specs are the same 255 max width, 32k characters in a cell, with only a limited number in cell, rest in formula bar. The formula bar is however now expandable for height/width so as to not cover the sheet below -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "Randy Starkey" <ran...

Leading zeros with text #3
Hi, I need help on specifying the maximum length of characters contained in a cell. Additionally, once the length is specified, I need the data contained in the cell to fill the maximum allowable characters for the cell with leading zeros if the data does not satisfy the maximum length. i.e. if I have a name such as gray in a cell and the cell is only allowed to be 13 characters long, how do I get a return of 000000000gray If it's just a matter of formatting to look that way, go to cells, format, number, custom, '0000000000000' "ginzbeez" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Dbl Click to copy value in combobox column
Is it possible to double click a selection made in a combobox and copy the value in a particular column to the clipboard? Thanks! On Jan 5, 12:58=A0pm, johnlute <jl...@marzetti.com> wrote: > Is it possible to double click a selection made in a combobox and copy > the value in a particular column to the clipboard? > > Thanks! Please disregard. Ultimately, I'm just interested in copying what's in column 1 so it's just a matter of right-click > copy. ...

Selecting & copying a named range through a listbox
When i click on a button i want a listbox to pop up. In this listbox there has to appear a list with named ranges. The named range which is selected in this listbox has to be copied Can somenone give me some code for this. That's it ! Thanxxx, Luc Since your post is kinda vague I will have to ask some questions and makes some assumptions. 1.) Are you wanting to select multiple ranges to be copied from a listbox or select a single range to be copied from a combobox? 2.) Where do you want the range copied to? Another worksheet, workbook, somewhere else withi...

Copying data between workbooks?
I am trying to link two documents. In essence i have one document which will be updated regularly with information. I need to have a second document identical to the first (i.e. linked with = formulae), so as a user imputs information to spreadsheet A, it update the information in spreadsheet B automatically. The only way I can figure out to do this is individually clicking on destination cell, entering = , and then clicking on destination cell. Surely there is a way to do the whole document??? Any help is very gratefully accepted. Thanks If the documents are identical in layout, you...