Copying Formulas PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

I have  a list of data in a column and I want to paste the list somewhere but
I want the paste to work this way I need it to paste the list in column Q by
row so I want it to paste Q1,Q2,Q3 instead is pastes Q1,R1 and I think its
because I am pasting across and not down, but is there any way I can get
around this
0
Polina (13)

Your post is very confusing.  If you highlight the list and select copy.
Then select the top cell you want to paste to and select paste (Example:
A1:A10 to B1:B10).  If you want to paste a vertical list horizontaly (Example
A1:A10 to B1:K1), then you have to right click the starting cell to paste in
and select paste special.  Then click the "Transpose" box.

You say you want to paste to Q1,Q2,Q3 etc.  but then you say you are pasting
across.  Q1,Q2,Q3 is going down.  And what do you mean by "paste the list in
column Q by row"?  If I haven't answered your question already, please
clarify what you are trying to do and I will try again.

"Polina" wrote:

> I have  a list of data in a column and I want to paste the list somewhere but
> I want the paste to work this way I need it to paste the list in column Q by
> row so I want it to paste Q1,Q2,Q3 instead is pastes Q1,R1 and I think its
> because I am pasting across and not down, but is there any way I can get
> around this
0
Sloth (218)
7/19/2005 9:59:03 PM
Make the column reference letter absolute by placing a $ in front of it or
pressing f4 with the reference highlighted. (As in $Q1) then paste special >
transpose.
--
HTH

Sandy
sandymann@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Polina" <Polina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have  a list of data in a column and I want to paste the list somewhere
>but
> I want the paste to work this way I need it to paste the list in column Q
> by
> row so I want it to paste Q1,Q2,Q3 instead is pastes Q1,R1 and I think its
> because I am pasting across and not down, but is there any way I can get
> around this

0
sandymann2 (1054)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

What's wrong with this COUNTIF formula?
=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") A105=20000 There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the formula returns 0. thanks Try the following: =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105) -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Dave Potter" <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote in message news:6ie9ov48p7tqv85ohpsbnuq7rgi1smtr21@4ax.com... > =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") > > A105=20000 > There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the > formula returns 0. > > thanks As ...

TYPING KARAOKE PGS NEED HELP
i am trying to figure out how to type continuous pages for a karaoke catalog 3 headings song title artist disk# when i check print preview it only shows me one page i am new at this typing one handed due to a stroke but i need to also be able to add new songs and then sort them alpa then need to redo by artist the song title then disk if any one can help it would be most appreciated there is approximately 192 pgs ea book thank you so very much patti In Print preview press PgDn. Does this give he next pages? Another issue might be print area. Go to File-Print Area-Clear Print A...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Formula to reach goal percentage of migrating customers
I am working on a formula and am stuck. I have a goal date that I want to have a certain percentage of customers migrated (90%). There are many weeks leading up to the goal date. I have the following criteria setup: Prior to Week-4 2% of base migrate Week-4 20% migrate Week-3 20% migrate Week-2 20% migrate Week-1 20% migrate Week-0 balance migrate How can I set up a formula on a declining base to reach my goal of 90%? ...

Secondary Copy

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

local copy of mail

Count Formula #4
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. They all have people requesting time off...first sheet is for people requesting more than a week off - 2nd for 1 week at a time - 3rd for people just wanting 1 day off. The sheets have their name then 2 columns one for days off starting and the other for days off finishing (With the exception of people just wanting one day off) I would like to have another sheet counting the number of people off on a daily basis. It is easy enough using "counif" for the people asking for 1 day off...but I can't seem to easily break out the weekly...

can't use windows mail, help
have been using windows mail regularly for months and even last night however today it decides to ask to logon and when i put in username and password it doesnt accept it. I have gone to tools, accounts, properties, servers and the password authentication box is unchecked, but still it asks me to logon. First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is=20 account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fi...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Outlook 2000 SP3

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Need Formula
Hey guys, I am a professional driver and my workbook is setup to keep track of my hours on the road on a day-to-day basis. With the new change in the DOT law I need a solution that complies with those variations but works with this setup: The days of the month run down column A contiguously and each days hours are tracked across rows. For example; Cell E6 is the Drive Time. Cell F6 is the On Duty hours. Cell G6 contains the formula; =SUM(E6:F6). Now, cell I6 adds that total to include the previous 5 cells in column G to come up with a total (the last six days) on duty. Okay, cell K6 is the ...

formulae
Sorry if this is a simple question (I used to know excel alot better ... I think!) I have a column with about various text strings in each cell. In a single cell to the right of this column I want to get the sum of a particular word from that column. can anyone help ? thanking you gerryR Sorry, say my column contains NT 2000 2000 NT XP XP then in my cell to the right I want to be able to display NT= 2 so it counts the amount of times NT appears in the column. thanks gerryR "Mangesh Yadav" <mangesh.NOSPAMyadav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tF1WWObFHA.796@TK...

subtotal copy and paste

formula result not able to be summed
i have multiple formulas, i want to sum the results of formulas in columns l to q, then divide them by the total, i.e. L4:L10 divided by L4:Q10. but the results in those columns are from another column if the result of that other column falls within a certain category. so if D4 is either a, b, or c then L4 = F which is a number, but the value in L4 isnt formatted as a number therefore i cannot sum the values in column L. is there a way around this? Hi If there is a formula in L4, you'll need to turn the result into a number. Try something like: =VALUE(yourformula) in there. Hope th...

Formula appearing instead of result
I have the following code in a macro If Range("g" & x - 1) > 2 Then 'charlie if ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C[-3]-RC[-3]" ElseIf Range("g" & x - 1) < 2 Then ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C[-3]-RC[-3]" Else: ActiveCell.Value = "2 yellow" End If In the active cell, I am getting "=R[-1]C[-3]-RC[-3]" showing up instead of the result. I've tried chaning formatting to general, text, number, etc. Sometimes it works sometimes it doe...

Entering a formula into a screentip
I have a "quiz-style" spreadsheet. In it, I have included several CONCATENATE functions that takes their name which they entered at the beginging and a message and their score and puts it into a sentance. I have also used hyperlinks within my spreadsheet, I have been able to include the concatenate feature in these. It is possible to include any excel functions within this screentip? Thank's for your time Dan -- iPod's ROCK! By 'screentip' I assume you're talking about comments. There is no way to use Excel functions within a comment. -- Cordially, C...

Copying graphs

Merging worksheets with VBA Code -- HELP!
Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of worksheets in a workbook. I have several worksheets that are formatted the same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees. When I run the Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B, C, E, F, G, I from the other work sheets. However, all of the worksheets have information in columns A thru AA. I used the following code for a Summary She...

formula for cell
I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula where I can take for instance a cell with 500 characters and take only the first 30 and paste it in to a new cell. I have used a formula thanks to Gary =left(a1,len(a1)/2 which has worked for other uses I have--now I need to extract only the first 30 characters of a description and I have thousands of cells in my description column..Please Help =left(a1,30) Pete.Cornejo@gmail.com wrote: > > I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula > where I can take for instance a cell with 500...