Copying Formulas in 2003 HELP HELP HELP

My question is a little unique.  My formula is  G1*1.1  I put the result in
H1.  I can drag a formula down in a column, and it increments the row number,
but the resulting answer is the same in H2 as it was in H1.  If I press F2 in
H2 then enter, the answer is correct.

My spreadsheet is almost 15,000 lines, and I do not want to have to F2 each
cell in the H column.......   Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks......

Roxy
0
RoxyB94 (2)

Hi Roxy

check tools / options / calculation - ensure that it is set to automatic

Cheers
JulieD

"RoxyB94" <RoxyB94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My question is a little unique.  My formula is  G1*1.1  I put the result
> in
> H1.  I can drag a formula down in a column, and it increments the row
> number,
> but the resulting answer is the same in H2 as it was in H1.  If I press F2
> in
> H2 then enter, the answer is correct.
>
> My spreadsheet is almost 15,000 lines, and I do not want to have to F2
> each
> cell in the H column.......   Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Thanks......
>
> Roxy

0
JulieD1 (2295)
10/27/2004 4:17:15 PM
Thank you SO much -- that fixed the problem immediately!

Roxy

"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi Roxy
>
> check tools / options / calculation - ensure that it is set to automatic
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "RoxyB94" <RoxyB94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My question is a little unique.  My formula is  G1*1.1  I put the result
> > in
> > H1.  I can drag a formula down in a column, and it increments the row
> > number,
> > but the resulting answer is the same in H2 as it was in H1.  If I press F2
> > in
> > H2 then enter, the answer is correct.
> >
> > My spreadsheet is almost 15,000 lines, and I do not want to have to F2
> > each
> > cell in the H column.......   Any ideas or suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks......
> >
> > Roxy

0
RoxyB94 (2)
10/27/2004 4:37:02 PM
Roxy

Just for info.....

If you're wondering how it got switched to "manual"......

Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first
workbook opened in that session.

i.e.  If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc
mode would be in Manual.

If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and opened it after Book1, Book2
would be in manual mode(Excel ignores the auto calc mode in this case).

If you close Book1 before opening Book2, Book2 will be in auto calc mode.

Confusing enough? <g>

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:37:02 -0700, "RoxyB94"
<RoxyB94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you SO much -- that fixed the problem immediately!
>
>Roxy
>

>"JulieD" wrote:
>
>> Hi Roxy
>>
>> check tools / options / calculation - ensure that it is set to automatic
>>
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>>
>> "RoxyB94" <RoxyB94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My question is a little unique.  My formula is  G1*1.1  I put the result
>> > in
>> > H1.  I can drag a formula down in a column, and it increments the row
>> > number,
>> > but the resulting answer is the same in H2 as it was in H1.  If I press F2
>> > in
>> > H2 then enter, the answer is correct.
>> >
>> > My spreadsheet is almost 15,000 lines, and I do not want to have to F2
>> > each
>> > cell in the H column.......   Any ideas or suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks......
>> >
>> > Roxy

0
Gord
10/27/2004 9:53:06 PM
you're welcome

> Thank you SO much -- that fixed the problem immediately!
>
> Roxy
>

> "JulieD" wrote:
>
>> Hi Roxy
>>
>> check tools / options / calculation - ensure that it is set to automatic
>>
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>>
>> "RoxyB94" <RoxyB94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My question is a little unique.  My formula is  G1*1.1  I put the
>> > result
>> > in
>> > H1.  I can drag a formula down in a column, and it increments the row
>> > number,
>> > but the resulting answer is the same in H2 as it was in H1.  If I press
>> > F2
>> > in
>> > H2 then enter, the answer is correct.
>> >
>> > My spreadsheet is almost 15,000 lines, and I do not want to have to F2
>> > each
>> > cell in the H column.......   Any ideas or suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks......
>> >
>> > Roxy

0
JulieD1 (2295)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

What's wrong with this COUNTIF formula?
=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") A105=20000 There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the formula returns 0. thanks Try the following: =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105) -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Dave Potter" <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote in message news:6ie9ov48p7tqv85ohpsbnuq7rgi1smtr21@4ax.com... > =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") > > A105=20000 > There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the > formula returns 0. > > thanks As ...

TYPING KARAOKE PGS NEED HELP
i am trying to figure out how to type continuous pages for a karaoke catalog 3 headings song title artist disk# when i check print preview it only shows me one page i am new at this typing one handed due to a stroke but i need to also be able to add new songs and then sort them alpa then need to redo by artist the song title then disk if any one can help it would be most appreciated there is approximately 192 pgs ea book thank you so very much patti In Print preview press PgDn. Does this give he next pages? Another issue might be print area. Go to File-Print Area-Clear Print A...

I cannot send out of outlook with 2003 and Yahoo
I keep getting this error Task 'davidm@equityfound.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It is driving me crazy, i have set both encryption and port numbers right and it still does not work Wrong group. This is for programming questions. Post in one of the appropriate Outlook groups such as microsoft.public.outlook.general. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] ht...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Formula to reach goal percentage of migrating customers
I am working on a formula and am stuck. I have a goal date that I want to have a certain percentage of customers migrated (90%). There are many weeks leading up to the goal date. I have the following criteria setup: Prior to Week-4 2% of base migrate Week-4 20% migrate Week-3 20% migrate Week-2 20% migrate Week-1 20% migrate Week-0 balance migrate How can I set up a formula on a declining base to reach my goal of 90%? ...

Secondary Copy

Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1
Microsoft told us that Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 RTM'ed TODAY - when will it be available for download? As the old saying goes: " When its ready" :) On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:00:57 -0600, "Research Services" <key@lamar.n0-sp@m.colostate.edu.NO> wrote: >Microsoft told us that Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 RTM'ed TODAY - when will >it be available for download? > ...

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

local copy of mail

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Web Outlook (2003) appts are still whacked
Did windowsupdate.com and also ran the tzmove.exe tool to fix appointments with regards to new DST. If I use regular Outlook everything looks fine. But when I switch to Web Outlook, my appointments are still messed up for the next 3 weeks (off by 1 hour). How can I fix Web Outlook appointments? thanks. c Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of Exchange. - RAM On Mar 12, 1:49 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote: > Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of > Exchange. > > - RAM My admin says if appointments ...

can't use windows mail, help
have been using windows mail regularly for months and even last night however today it decides to ask to logon and when i put in username and password it doesnt accept it. I have gone to tools, accounts, properties, servers and the password authentication box is unchecked, but still it asks me to logon. First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is=20 account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fi...

Outlook 2003 lose connection to Exchange 2000 Server
Suddently my Outlook 2003 lose connection to Exchange 2000 Server SP3 and seems that internal email are slower than normal. Any idea on this problem? Thanks Simona ...

Count Formula #4
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. They all have people requesting time off...first sheet is for people requesting more than a week off - 2nd for 1 week at a time - 3rd for people just wanting 1 day off. The sheets have their name then 2 columns one for days off starting and the other for days off finishing (With the exception of people just wanting one day off) I would like to have another sheet counting the number of people off on a daily basis. It is easy enough using "counif" for the people asking for 1 day off...but I can't seem to easily break out the weekly...

Office 2003 03-11-10
I purchased Office small business 2003 upgrade to replace the temporary trial version when I bought my laptop but I have had to reformat the hard drive on that laptop and I don't have the trial version anymore so the upgrade is useless to me. Do you have any suggestion on how I could resolve this issue. I don't want to buy office all over again JIm S I don't believe you could have "upgraded" a trial version that wasn't licensed. An upgrade version is used to move from an older version to a newer version, not from a trial to a licensed version. ...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
When I go to send a message and type in the person's first initial it gives me the drop down box to choose who I want to send to. However, there are names in there that I want to delete but I do not know how to delete them? These names are NOT in my address book or contact list, these are names from people that I did business with a couple of years ago and sent emails to and now I want to delete these names from this drop down list. Any suggestions? "steelergal63" <steelergal63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31E05474-5199-49B3-B2D6-E3...

Copy picture ossice wizard

formulae
Sorry if this is a simple question (I used to know excel alot better ... I think!) I have a column with about various text strings in each cell. In a single cell to the right of this column I want to get the sum of a particular word from that column. can anyone help ? thanking you gerryR Sorry, say my column contains NT 2000 2000 NT XP XP then in my cell to the right I want to be able to display NT= 2 so it counts the amount of times NT appears in the column. thanks gerryR "Mangesh Yadav" <mangesh.NOSPAMyadav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tF1WWObFHA.796@TK...

How to add German Dictionary in Outlook 2003
Hi All, I need to add German Dictionary to outlook 2003, Can somebody guide how to do that...... Thanks in advance. ...

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...