Copying Drown Dop Box Selections

I've been using drop down boxes (or list) boxes in several of my
spreadsheets to help with data input.  I need to copy data entered
including the drop down box selection into another spreadsheet or into
MS Word.

I can't figure out how to copy the drop down selection.

Thoughts?

P.S.  I don't program in visual basic.  Thanks!

--
scottrichards7
scottrichards7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27421

I created a drop down box recently in one cell and just copied the cell down
like I'd copy any cell.   The drop down was copied with it.

"scottrichards7"
<scottrichards7.1vopeb_1127264702.8825@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:scottrichards7.1vopeb_1127264702.8825@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I've been using drop down boxes (or list) boxes in several of my
> spreadsheets to help with data input.  I need to copy data entered
> including the drop down box selection into another spreadsheet or into
> MS Word.
>
> I can't figure out how to copy the drop down selection.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> P.S.  I don't program in visual basic.  Thanks!
>

> --
> scottrichards7
> scottrichards7's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27421
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469378

0
reply6075 (299)

Combo-box in Sub-form
Could you please help me with a problem I have with Access 2003? I am not very experienced with Access; I have done a college course at Level 2 (CLAIT Plus), so I know the basics but this has got me stumped. My database is for my CD collection. I use a Main Form for data entry which contains details of Artist, Album Title, Number, Music Category etc. In the Artist and Misic Category fields I use a Combo-box which holds all previously entered names in a drop-down list. If a new name is required I double-click on the box and enter the name in the linked form. Within the Mai...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Macros do not appear in Macro dialog box
I create a macro by choosing Tools > Macro > Macros, entering a name, and clicking Create. In the editor I write the code, then return to Publisher and save the file. But when I choose Tools > Macro > Macros again, the created macro does not appear. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks gwasson <gwasson@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I create a macro by choosing Tools > Macro > Macros, entering a name, > and clicking Create. In the editor I write the code, then return to > Publisher and save the file. But when I choose Tools...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Expanding Text Box
One one slide: I need to click on title 1 and have a text box appear...then disappear when I click on title 2...and so on. Without using a macro, how can I achieve this? Thank you. Use Custom Animation to set entrance and exit on mouse click, the exact steps would be somewhat dependent on the version of PP your are using. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked and they looked like hippies." "Gina" <Gina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63087D-5125-4...

subtotal copy and paste

Select / Deselect records
Hi all I have a continuous form which the user can filter on certain criteria, currently this is done with an option box which changes the recordsource of the form to a different query. What I now want is to add a selection routine, so I have stored the data in a table to enable me to add a bound checkbox. I know I can use code like: 'strSql = "UPDATE MyTable SET MyYesNo = False WHERE Select = True;" 'DBEngine(0)(0).Execute strSql, dbFailOnError to deselect records for example, but I am not sure how to do this only on the filtered recordset? Th...

Copying graphs

Deleting Range name's listed in the range address box.
In Excel, in the top corner of the application there is a box which list the name of a select range (e.g F19 etc..). when I use the querytables method to import a CSV onto a worksheet. This range address box, has the name of the data I have imported. when I use clear, or qyertytables delete to remove the imported data - I am unable to remove the name of the data appearing in the drop-down list for the range box. Is there anyway to delete this ? or is it not a problem ? I am concerned because I this rangelist seems to fill up pretty quickly with imported data ranges.. Choose Insert&...

Format problem using combo box
I have a autonumber field with a prefix: "EXP"00000 in a table This number should be transfered to another table in a field using number format as described in the manual inorder to make a join. In the selection form I have a combo box selecting from the first table saving in the next table. When I select EXP00001 I get an error: "The value do not fit the field. You migth have entered text into a numerical field or the number is too large. If I type "1" into the box it shows "EXP00001" and this is also shown in the reciever table. What is wro...

Create Form with Dropdown Combo Box
I want to create a form with dropdown combobox based off the Company Names. So, eVerytime i click on any of the companies it will populate the appropriate financial results for the two most recent quarters. I have a query result that shows Company Names with their Financial Information that they file quarterly. Some of the Companies shows more than two quarters of results. What is the best way and how to do it to show only two recent months. Thank you, Jay ...

Selecting specific work times for every day in a calendar
I want to select specific work times to do work on a project from 9pm to 1am every day but when I tried to do this, the work times I specified would not change. Hi DannyG, Is the specific times you want to reflect, related to the resoruce or the task? Times are set up in various places. The first is the calendars where you can change the time for each individual day or selected days, the second is in the Calnedar tab of the 'tools/options', where the project defaut setting is mad. I suspect from yoru query that you want to change the default working day from 8:0...

Copying Views

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

copy of treeview
Hello, I have to copy information from a treeview to another treeview... The first TreeCtrl is in a dialog and the second it's in another dialog. The application is Dialog Based and I use my oen solution of property sheet. So if I want to call something from another dialog i make i this way: CResultsPageDlg resDlg((CMyAppDlg*)theApp.GetMainWnd()); resDlg.CopyTreeview(m_TreeView.GetRootItem(), m_TreeView.GetRootItem()); useing the solution from http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/dragdrop/article.php/c657/ Somebody knows how to do that? Alex What is CopyTreeview method...

everything I copy from explorer end up green in Excel How can I c.