copying cells #2

In cell A1 sheet1 I have a number which lets say represents a code for a
specific shape that i have allready drawn in cell B1 in sheet2.Can you please
tell me what kind of instruction i can give to cell B1,sheet1,so that i can
get that shape from cell B1 sheet2 into B1 sheet1?
0
ChristosP (3)

How about putting those shapes on Sheet1 and hide them.  Then you could have a
macro unhide the one you want.

J.E. McGimpsey shares this in a macro at his site:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

You could also have a macro that copies and pastes, but hiding/unhiding seems
easier (to me).

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> How about putting those shapes on Sheet1 and hide them.  Then you could have a
> macro unhide the one you want.
>
> J.E. McGimpsey shares this in a macro at his site:
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html
>
> If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
>
> You could also have a macro that copies and pastes, but hiding/unhiding seems
> easier (to me).
>
> Christos P wrote:
> >
> > In cell A1 sheet1 I have a number which lets say represents a code for a
> > specific shape that i have allready drawn in cell B1 in sheet2.Can you please
> > tell me what kind of instruction i can give to cell B1,sheet1,so that i can
> > get that shape from cell B1 sheet2 into B1 sheet1?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ChristosP (3)
2/22/2005 7:49:09 PM
Dear Dave can you please assist me with YOUR suggestion(hiding/unhiding) with
a macro?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> How about putting those shapes on Sheet1 and hide them.  Then you could have a
> macro unhide the one you want.
>
> J.E. McGimpsey shares this in a macro at his site:
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html
>
> If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
>
> You could also have a macro that copies and pastes, but hiding/unhiding seems
> easier (to me).
>
> Christos P wrote:
> >
> > In cell A1 sheet1 I have a number which lets say represents a code for a
> > specific shape that i have allready drawn in cell B1 in sheet2.Can you please
> > tell me what kind of instruction i can give to cell B1,sheet1,so that i can
> > get that shape from cell B1 sheet2 into B1 sheet1?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ChristosP (3)
3/2/2005 6:35:03 PM
J.E. McGimpsey's macro at that first link is a version that will hide/unhide
pictures.

If you had trouble with that, post back.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

Can I "unlock" just one cell in a protected worksheet?
Is there any way I can unlock just one cell in a protected worksheet without removing the protection from the entire worksheet? I am working on a fairly complex worksheet that has 10-15 data entry cells. The rest of the worksheet contains formulas and informational text. I have the formulas pretty much debugged and working. I am now down to making mostly cosmetic changes to the text and formatting. I have marked all of the data entry cells in a different color to help me keep from overwriting a formula, but it still happens occasionally. I usually catch it right away and can recover with ...

Truncating cells
Hello, I have a spreadsheet full of student names (Last, First, Middle) each in a separate column. I need to shorten the Middle Name column down to just the Middle Initial (1 character). It would be nice to do these using a function rather that edit them individually. I've tried the truncate function but could not get that to work. Any suggestions? Thanks, Matt Verdill Greetings, You need to use the LEFT function. In a new cell, type this formula: =LEFT(A1,1) Where A1 is the cell with the Middle Name and 1 is the number of characters. James Walker, Jr. "Matt Verdill...

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Spreadsheet query #2
I have devised a list of items in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Against each item (in a different cell) is an amount which represtents the items value. I want to be able to use this spreadsheet, so that I can extract, say, all items under �6,000. Is this possible in Excel, or should I be using a database? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Michael. Hello Michael Advanced Filter is one way, Pivot Table is an other way. To my opinion, use of a database would be advisable if records exceed around 10000 items. HTH Cordially Pascal "Michael Dedman" <Mike@Le-Software-Man....

Display Cell
How can I display text, for example 1.98 x 106 x T-0.63 (1.98 x 10 to the power 6 x T to the power -0.63)? Hi select these characters in the formular bar and goto 'Format - Cells - Font' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excelhelp" <Excelhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3B96F0D2-F8DA-4901-873F-3391273E3FE1@microsoft.com... > How can I display text, for example 1.98 x 106 x T-0.63 (1.98 x 10 to the > power 6 x T to the power -0.63)? ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Blank cells in graph
I have a a line graph that displays customer behaviour in a number of categories. The data source for the graph is a table that refreshes every time a different 'customer' is selected from a macro drop-down list above the table, drawing data from another table. All the blank cells from the table are plotted as zero on the line graph, and I can't seem to change it so that the blank cells are not plotted on the line graph at all. I've tried going to Tools>Options>Chart, but the 'Plot empty cells as' options are all greyed out except for the 'Zero' opt...

Error 553 #2
I am trying to configure Outlook 2002 to use a POP account hosted under a domain name I purchased. When I set up the account in Outlook I can successfully send a test message to myself. I can receive messages from any other account, no problem. However I cannot send a message to any other address. I get the message "553 sorry that domain name does not exist in my rcpthost file". I ahve called support fromt he company I bought hte domain name from and I hav called support from Adelphia whoI ahve high speed internet access from, and who host the outgoing mail server. Neither ...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

subtotal copy and paste

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

formula for cell
I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula where I can take for instance a cell with 500 characters and take only the first 30 and paste it in to a new cell. I have used a formula thanks to Gary =left(a1,len(a1)/2 which has worked for other uses I have--now I need to extract only the first 30 characters of a description and I have thousands of cells in my description column..Please Help =left(a1,30) Pete.Cornejo@gmail.com wrote: > > I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula > where I can take for instance a cell with 500...

Outlook Archiving Problem #2
Outlook will ask me if I want to Archive, I hit ok. Mine in set to archive items 6mos old. Nothing shows up in my archived folder list. Help. I am the main email address for our company, my inbox is huge. Beth Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Modified date can be found here: http:...

Copying graphs