Copying a column from several similar sheets into one sheet

I have several worksheets in one workbook and I want to merge/copy one
column from each worksheet (the same column)
(Like this, just imagine more columns with more data on several
worksheets

Date   06052003
Actual 13
FMT     12
%         87    )

 and put these columns into rows so that each worksheet's data will
descend vertically
(EX: Date              Actual        FMT        %
         06052003       13              12        87
         06062003       12              15        89
         06072003       11               17       90
That's what I want, Please help me to do it.
0
rlminer (1)

Why don't you record a macro and post it? Then I'm sure someone can help you
tro streamline the code. To paste the columns in row format, use Edit |
Paste Special | Transpose.

--

Vasant

"Lost" <rlminer@lbl.gov> wrote in message
> I have several worksheets in one workbook and I want to merge/copy one
> column from each worksheet (the same column)
> (Like this, just imagine more columns with more data on several
> worksheets
>
> Date   06052003
> Actual 13
> FMT     12
> %         87    )
>
>  and put these columns into rows so that each worksheet's data will
> descend vertically
> (EX: Date              Actual        FMT        %
>          06052003       13              12        87
>          06062003       12              15        89
>          06072003       11               17       90
> That's what I want, Please help me to do it.

0
Vasant

how can you re-number multiple sheets 'automatically'?
I have a large worksheet with a large number (100+) of sheets that I would like to rename/renumber and don't want to do it one-by-one. I.e. change from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc to just 1,2,3,.... If your sheets are named Sheet1, Sheet2 etc without the spaces shown in your post then you can use a macro like this to change the names: Sub ChangeNames() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To Sheets.Count If Left(Sheets(i).Name, 5) = "Sheet" Then Sheets(i).Name = Mid(Sheets(i).Name, 6 _ , Len(Sheets(i).Name) - 5) End If Nex...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Cant se some columns! Why?
I have a spreadsheet that displays COL A and them col BL-BM-BN etc How do I get to see the cols B to BK I am working with EXCEL 2007 Thanks Either columns B through BK are hidden (most likely), or the Window is frozen and you've scrolled way over to the right, bringing column BL next to A. Assuming they're just hidden, Click on the 2 that identifies row 2 so that the entire row is selected, then On the [HOME] tab, in the CELLS group, pull down the "Format" list and choose Hide and Unhide and click the UNHIDE COLUMNS option. If its a Frozen window thin...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Columns won't Hide!
I'm trying to hide columns in a ss and I get the message, "Cannot Shift Objects off Sheet.". I'm able to hide some columns but Excel seems to reach a limit. Help! You may have something in columns that you don't know about. "Tom" <thomas.hamilton@med.va.gov> wrote in message news:051e01c38d97$7b458e80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to hide columns in a ss and I get the > message, "Cannot Shift Objects off Sheet.". I'm able to > hide some columns but Excel seems to reach a limit. > > Help! >-----Original Mess...

ID THER A HUMAN BEING AT MIcrosoft one can email sabou outlook?
THER A HUMAN BEING AT MIcrosoft one can email sabou outlook? It would help to have the precise version of Outlook you want to discuss, but these generic sites should suffice: You can send outlook feedback from the following web site: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/suggestions.aspx?Sitename=0&CTT=6&Origin=FX010857930000 If you want product support - and it'll probably cost - then you can start here: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=fh;en-us;cntactms "Peter" <peter.codner@lineone.net> wrote in message news:OFzl%23iloDHA.1948...

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Error message when hiding columns
Has anyone seen this error message before when trying to hide columns? "Cannot shift objects off sheet." -- valenj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ valenj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24087 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376912 maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 valenj wrote: > > Has anyone seen this error message before whe...

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Copy picture ossice wizard

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

subtotal copy and paste

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

line column Pivot Charts

column headings in numbers vs letters
For some reason all my excel files now display columns as numbers rather than letters. How can I change back to letters? Why are all my old files also now reading in numbered columns? This is a setting of Excel, not of your files. Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "garyflood" <garyflood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6870D172-C11D-4FF9-A7D8-48BE89149DF8@microsoft.com... > For some reason all my excel files now display columns as numbers rather > than > letters. How...

Adding a column...very bizarre behavior
I have an MPP file given to me by one of my users. When she tries to add a column to the Gantt Chart view, we get a little screen flicker, then several new columns appear on the view. I don't know what to tell her. It doesn't do this on any other view, and it only does this in this particular MPP. If I open another project file, it doesn't behave this way. Is it possible that this file has just been corrupted somehow? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01CAE16B.B28F3380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252...

Backup mail server (One domain, two mail servers)
Hey there I setup exchange to receive mail for 2 domains. Its working fine. As a contingency plan i want to setup a scenario in which even if my mail server aint available i shouldnt have LOST MAIL/ BOUNCED MAIL issues. I studied a few possibilities including clustering but that aint applicable to our scenario. The possibility applicable is the presence of 2 mail servers on the same domain. If my primary mail server is not available for some reason, my second machine takes over. I know thats possible but HOW? Can someone guide me to the implementation. At the moment, i have one machine servic...