Copy values from Sheet1 to Sheet2

I am no guru when it comes to Excel, so I was wondering if someone
could please help. I need a formula that will copy values from sheet1
into sheet2, but then I want to clear the values in sheet1 & still keep
the values in sheet2. Sheet1 has my weekly figures on it and sheet 2
will calculate those figures to give me a monthly figure.

0
simonmerks (16)

You can just link them, copy them, select where you want them on the other
sheet and
do edit>paste special and select paste link, then while still selected copy
the pasted values and
do edit>paste special as values, that will keep the values but remove the
reference to the original sheet,
now you can clear the values in Sheet1

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Eintsein_mc2" <simonmerks@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>I am no guru when it comes to Excel, so I was wondering if someone
> could please help. I need a formula that will copy values from sheet1
> into sheet2, but then I want to clear the values in sheet1 & still keep
> the values in sheet2. Sheet1 has my weekly figures on it and sheet 2
> will calculate those figures to give me a monthly figure.

0
terre081 (3244)

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

order by case value
If I have the following: SELECT UserID as RID ,EnvironmentID as EnvID ,@authorType as RType ,'A' as Type ,'Author' as FullType ,Case When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') <> '') then LastName + ', ' + FirstName When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') = '') then FirstName When isnull(FirstName, '') = '' then LastName End as RName ,Email as EmailAddress FROM User WHERE EnvironmentID = @Environment...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

SUMIF returns no value
My SUMIF argument returns no value but when checking fx the Sum_range reflects the correct value, but Formula result is R – =SUMIF($A4,'TB SAICMB'!$A$4:$A$500,'TB SAICMB'!S4) Any help will be appreciated EricB =SUMIF('TB SAICMB'!$A$4:$A$500,$A4,'TB SAICMB'!$S$4:$S$500) "EricB" wrote: > My SUMIF argument returns no value but when checking fx the Sum_range > reflects the correct value, but Formula result is R – > > =SUMIF($A4,'TB SAICMB'!$A$4:$A$500,'TB SAICMB'!S4) > > Any help will be appr...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

local copy of mail

Secondary Copy

Calculate max value in specific range
Hi all, I've got a table with specific date values (start & end dates) like this: 3/23/00 Start 3/26/00 End etc. note: the length of days will vary from time tot time. -- I also have a table with all date values and corresponding numbers, like this: Column: A B Row: 1 3/23/00 1101.16 2 3/24/00 1106.16 3 3/25/00 1143.07 (=MAX) 4 3/26/00 1137.54 -- How can I calculate the max value from all those corresponding numbers between a Start- & End date? (1143.07 in this case) I've already tried the Vlookup and Max function but that only refers to 1 value (as...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Any idea why this is giving me a #Value! Error?
Function FrstLtrs(MyStr As String) As String Dim temp Dim i As Long TmpStr = Split(Trim(MyStr)) 'MsgBox "String" + TmpStr For i = 0 To UBound(TmpStr) If Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "OF") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "AND") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "A") Then If Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) >= 65 And _ Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) <= 90 Then FrstLtrs = FrstLtrs & Left(TmpStr(i), 1) End If End If Next End Function Find the mo...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Any way to add newlines to a static value in workflow?
Hi, all. Pretty simple question (so I hope)... I'm trying to create a workflow rule that will pull data (name and address) from an entity, and update a field within another entity. The problem is that I'm trying to separate the name and address elements with newlines, so that the field will contain: FirstName LastName 123 First St. Townville, IN 12009 Is there a way to specify a newline this way in a Static Value? I've tried the usual stuff (\n, <br>, <br/>, \\n, \r\n, etc.) with no luck. Is there a way to do that? Thanks for any help, Jeremy you are going to hav...

subtotal copy and paste

To get a lot of charts that contain different values in a minute
To create hundreds of charts in one minute! thousands of in several minutes! Just need a chart in worksheet, you can produce ten charts by using ten rows of data, and produce a thousand of charts by using a thousand of rows! every one of them corresponds to the content of a certain cell, row, column or a certain range. Please visit http://www.addintools.com and trial it. ...

Copying graphs

Assign Numeric Value to Text
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a way to assign numberical values to 2 different letters (i.e. A equal to 1, B equal to 2). Then what I am looking to do with this is add up, all the letters in numerical value, in a column and get a total on 1 row and then the average on a 2nd row. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Happy New Years! :D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For a range A1:A100 with just one letter in each cell:- =SUMPRODUCT(CODE(UPPER($A$1:$A$100))-64) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spe...

Copying Views

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...