Copy range of cells omitting formulas that result in " "

I have a column of data that contains a formula that either returns a value
or leaves the cell blank.  I would like to copy the column to another
location and have the cells with no values omitted from the range.
Basically, I would like to make a bar chart and have the chart adjust with
changes in data.  However, every empty cell is plotted as zero or blank...how
can I remove these blanks from the chart?
Can anyone help?  I have been struggling with this for a while now...I think
this is my last resort!
Help!

Tina
0
column (2)

Select all of the data and plot it. then by using auto filter on your data
and selecting non blanks.  the chart will not show zeros when plotting.

"Plot only cells with values in column" wrote:

> I have a column of data that contains a formula that either returns a value
> or leaves the cell blank.  I would like to copy the column to another
> location and have the cells with no values omitted from the range.
> Basically, I would like to make a bar chart and have the chart adjust with
> changes in data.  However, every empty cell is plotted as zero or blank...how
> can I remove these blanks from the chart?
> Can anyone help?  I have been struggling with this for a while now...I think
> this is my last resort!
> Help!
>
> Tina
0
BJ (832)

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Display Cell
How can I display text, for example 1.98 x 106 x T-0.63 (1.98 x 10 to the power 6 x T to the power -0.63)? Hi select these characters in the formular bar and goto 'Format - Cells - Font' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excelhelp" <Excelhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3B96F0D2-F8DA-4901-873F-3391273E3FE1@microsoft.com... > How can I display text, for example 1.98 x 106 x T-0.63 (1.98 x 10 to the > power 6 x T to the power -0.63)? ...

Truncating cells
Hello, I have a spreadsheet full of student names (Last, First, Middle) each in a separate column. I need to shorten the Middle Name column down to just the Middle Initial (1 character). It would be nice to do these using a function rather that edit them individually. I've tried the truncate function but could not get that to work. Any suggestions? Thanks, Matt Verdill Greetings, You need to use the LEFT function. In a new cell, type this formula: =LEFT(A1,1) Where A1 is the cell with the Middle Name and 1 is the number of characters. James Walker, Jr. "Matt Verdill...

What's wrong with this COUNTIF formula?
=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") A105=20000 There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the formula returns 0. thanks Try the following: =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105) -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Dave Potter" <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote in message news:6ie9ov48p7tqv85ohpsbnuq7rgi1smtr21@4ax.com... > =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") > > A105=20000 > There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the > formula returns 0. > > thanks As ...

print a date range from parameter query on a report header?
I am printing a report based on a date range. The user inputs the start and End date for the report (parameter query). How do I print the Start and End dates on a report header. IMO, parameter prompts are never good user interface. There is no functionality or error checking. I much prefer using controls on forms for ALL user interaction. You can use the parameters in control sources as if they were fields. For instance: Control Source: ="From " & [Enter Start Date] & " To " & [Enter End Date] or Control Source: ="From " & Forms...

Can I "unlock" just one cell in a protected worksheet?
Is there any way I can unlock just one cell in a protected worksheet without removing the protection from the entire worksheet? I am working on a fairly complex worksheet that has 10-15 data entry cells. The rest of the worksheet contains formulas and informational text. I have the formulas pretty much debugged and working. I am now down to making mostly cosmetic changes to the text and formatting. I have marked all of the data entry cells in a different color to help me keep from overwriting a formula, but it still happens occasionally. I usually catch it right away and can recover with ...

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Count Formula #4
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. They all have people requesting time off...first sheet is for people requesting more than a week off - 2nd for 1 week at a time - 3rd for people just wanting 1 day off. The sheets have their name then 2 columns one for days off starting and the other for days off finishing (With the exception of people just wanting one day off) I would like to have another sheet counting the number of people off on a daily basis. It is easy enough using "counif" for the people asking for 1 day off...but I can't seem to easily break out the weekly...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

local copy of mail

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

Formula to reach goal percentage of migrating customers
I am working on a formula and am stuck. I have a goal date that I want to have a certain percentage of customers migrated (90%). There are many weeks leading up to the goal date. I have the following criteria setup: Prior to Week-4 2% of base migrate Week-4 20% migrate Week-3 20% migrate Week-2 20% migrate Week-1 20% migrate Week-0 balance migrate How can I set up a formula on a declining base to reach my goal of 90%? ...

Secondary Copy

Outlook 2000 SP3

Calculate max value in specific range
Hi all, I've got a table with specific date values (start & end dates) like this: 3/23/00 Start 3/26/00 End etc. note: the length of days will vary from time tot time. -- I also have a table with all date values and corresponding numbers, like this: Column: A B Row: 1 3/23/00 1101.16 2 3/24/00 1106.16 3 3/25/00 1143.07 (=MAX) 4 3/26/00 1137.54 -- How can I calculate the max value from all those corresponding numbers between a Start- & End date? (1143.07 in this case) I've already tried the Vlookup and Max function but that only refers to 1 value (as...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Blank cells in graph
I have a a line graph that displays customer behaviour in a number of categories. The data source for the graph is a table that refreshes every time a different 'customer' is selected from a macro drop-down list above the table, drawing data from another table. All the blank cells from the table are plotted as zero on the line graph, and I can't seem to change it so that the blank cells are not plotted on the line graph at all. I've tried going to Tools>Options>Chart, but the 'Plot empty cells as' options are all greyed out except for the 'Zero' opt...

subtotal copy and paste

Copying graphs

Entering a formula into a screentip
I have a "quiz-style" spreadsheet. In it, I have included several CONCATENATE functions that takes their name which they entered at the beginging and a message and their score and puts it into a sentance. I have also used hyperlinks within my spreadsheet, I have been able to include the concatenate feature in these. It is possible to include any excel functions within this screentip? Thank's for your time Dan -- iPod's ROCK! By 'screentip' I assume you're talking about comments. There is no way to use Excel functions within a comment. -- Cordially, C...

formula for cell
I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula where I can take for instance a cell with 500 characters and take only the first 30 and paste it in to a new cell. I have used a formula thanks to Gary =left(a1,len(a1)/2 which has worked for other uses I have--now I need to extract only the first 30 characters of a description and I have thousands of cells in my description column..Please Help =left(a1,30) Pete.Cornejo@gmail.com wrote: > > I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula > where I can take for instance a cell with 500...