copy/paste excel to texteditor -> multi-line text cells gain unwanted double-quotes

i have a formula composed of 3 lines in one cell:

="   IF c_MSISDN_NDC" & $E3 & " IS NOT NULL THEN
     utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, '
'||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_table)||'(c_new_point +" & $E3 & ", 1,
c_oper_name);');
     utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, '
'||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_table)||'(c_new_point +" & $E3 & ", 2,
c_oper_name);');"

this produces a text string, e.g. as below:

"   IF c_MSISDN_NDC70 IS NOT NULL THEN
     utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, '
'||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_table)||'(c_new_point +70, 1, c_oper_name);');
     utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, '
'||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_table)||'(c_new_point +70, 2, c_oper_name);');"

when i try to copy/paste it into a text editor, i get the following:

"   IF c_MSISDN_NDC69 IS NOT NULL THEN
     utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, '
'||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_table)||'(c_new_point +69, 1, c_oper_name);');
     utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, '
'||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_table)||'(c_new_point +69, 2, c_oper_name);');"

as you can see there are unwanted double-quotes at the beginning and
end of the line. this is nothing to do with the texteditor as i get the
double-quotes in notepad also (but there i dont get the linebreaks i
need so i'm using an alternative).

i also tried copy/paste-as-special the results of my formula to another
column, then copy/pasting that new column. same result as above, still
double-quotes. this issue only seems to occur where a cell contains
linebeaks.

any ideas how to not get the double-quotes????

--
[please reply to group]

0
niz (1)

I think it does have something to do with the receiving application.

I got the double quotes in NotePad and UltraEdit (another text editor).  But I
didn't get them when I pasted into MSWord or WordPad.

And then I could copy from MSWord or Wordpad into NotePad and no double quotes
showed up.

Another option may be to write to a text file directly...

Maybe you could use a macro that writes your data:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly:  http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

======
Earl's may be sufficient right out of the box.  He supports lots of options.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??
I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping (using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need just a few more things to tie up. Anyone interested in helping?? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'. Thank you, Scott ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Why not post your questions here so that others may benefit from any solution offered. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to complete a ...

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Tab , setFocus doesn't hilite the text of the field
Hi, I have many fields that should be filled by the user. I added 2 more and I would like to change the tab order. I don't like using the numbers (after pressing Ctrl D, by clicking the fields I change the order) because I have too many fields and it takes time to do that. So I used the script, in each killFocus function I called setFocus function with the right field. The problem is that this function brings the cursor to the right field BUT it doesn't hilite the value in that field so in order to change this value I have first to hilite it. How can I hilite it by script? Th...

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Secondary Copy

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

local copy of mail

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Outlook 2000 SP3

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

2008 Excel Print Preview
I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is > specific to my install or it is hidden Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08. You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the printed page will look. Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clic...

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

How do I set up a supply demand chart in Excel 2007?
I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart in excel 2007? http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ "Smiles" <Smiles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26370E3F-915E-4757-A71E-CA1E9B393BBE@microsoft.com... >I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart >in > excel 2007? ...

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...

Excel error #4
I received the following error from excel when i try to launch an excel attachment from lotus notes: GC-PREVUE: gcprevue.exe - application error 0x1c005b2f referenced memory at 0x72612e63. memory cannot be read. Is this an excel problem or lotus notes problem or WinXP problem? Pls help. thks ...

Checkboxes in Excel to Access
Hi All, I need to convert an Excel table into Access however the Excel tabl contains checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get the values from th checkbox, ie T/F, referenced. Any ideas will be much appreciated Thank -- rodmasters23Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i What happens when you import the Excel data into an Access table? -- More info, please ... Jeff Boyce <Office/Access MVP> "rodmasters23" <rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com... > > Hi All, > > I need to convert an Excel table in...

Don't plot non-numeric cells
Tools - Options - Chart - Plot empty cells as: Not plotted (leave gaps) works only when the cell is actually empty. The cell is empty when raw data is missing, but the raw data has to be subtracted from a constant value. I'm using =IF(ISNUMBER(B4), B$1-B4,NA()) which returns #N/A when B4 is blank. The cell is not empty and consequently is plotted as an interpolated value between B3 and B5. I've tried copying and pasting values only and using "" instead of NA() to no avail. Short of clearing the contents manually (5% missing data points scattered throughout 25,000 ...

excel 95 #3
Where can I get Excel 95. I need it load my old old SuperCal spreadsheets. My new ver of Excel can't handle it.... Thanx Hanz Here's one place... http://computers.listings.ebay.com/Microsoft_Office-95_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ51336QQsocmdZListingItemList -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Hanz Schmidt" <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message Where can I get Excel 95. I need it load my old old SuperCal spreadsheets. My new ver of Excel can't handle it.... Thanx Hanz E-Bay?...