copy file to cd

when I copy a file that is not "read only", after it is copied to a cd it
becomes "read only". How do I stop this from happening???????????
0
coolyus (1)

coolyus

First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media
directly.

Save to HDD then copy to the CD.  Same when opening.  Copy to HDD then open.

The read only bit.......

That is the default behaviour when saving/copying to CD.

All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD.

With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only.

If you were to use a packet writing application like Nero InCD, files would
not be read only and individual files could be erased or written to on the CD
just like a big floppy disk.

See this google search thread

http://snipurl.com/6llq

Note the link to Alex Nicholl's site.

Also http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/cdr_info.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:45:03 -0800, "coolyus"
<coolyus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>when I copy a file that is not "read only", after it is copied to a cd it
>becomes "read only". How do I stop this from happening???????????

0
Gord

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

PST file Size Limit #3
IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 2Gb "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 1.87GB (which is usually referred to as the 2GB limit). Vanguard <vanguard.code@comcast...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

v10 Int Mgr settings for .ini file to see dyn windows being popula
In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows and show the integration running. How do you do this in v10? Thanks Ray Nist Ray, The setting hasn't change. [IMGPPrv] ShowDynamics=True Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ray Nist" wrote: > In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows > and show the integration running. > > How do you do this in v10? > > Thanks > Ray Nist Thanks Mario. We set this and it ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

BMP file in OUTLOOK 2000
I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message. When a person received my message, the file would should up in the message. Now when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment. Is their something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it anymore? Change your message format to HTML and choose Insert-> Picture to insert your gif-file -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "bdowns" <bdowns@one.net> wrote in message new...

Registration and CD Key
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3159464917_7052393 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I have two Macs on a network. Originally I installed MS Office on both machines. Since they were both my machines I thought I could do this. Evidently I can�t because it won�t allow me to open up an MS Office application on both machines, even if one is asleep. So I went out and bought a second copy of MS Office so I could have both machines...

Files with "xla" extentions
How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file. Hi Tools>Add-ins Click on the Add-in and Excel will ask you if you want to delete it. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "thorviag" <thorviag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D742DD-D1DE-4B78-9BCD-F0138CB70E0B@microsoft.com... > How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the > files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file. ...

pdf file
When I try to open up a word pdf file in Microsoft Outlook Express I get a file conversion box. No matter what language or defalt setting I choose I still get symbols and numbers that make no sense. I have Word 2003. How can I make it readable? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

subtotal copy and paste

locked publisher 2002 file #2
I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server. When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base or anywhere else. Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the user the option to open the file read only, which is fine. Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this problem? As a work-around I can save th...

Copying graphs

Exporting Exchange Mailboxes To The File System
Hi all, Not the best forum to ask for an Exchange issue, but it is in relation to a Lotus Notes migration and hopefully others may come across this issue. We are in the process of migrating an Exchange environment to Lotus Notes. Company policy dictates emails older than 60-days are deleted in Lotus Notes (application executes this). The exchange environment has years of email history and therefore we have compromised to look at a solution to export ALL their Exchange mailboxes/emails onto the file system (local drives). Exporting to PST is not allowed since this violates the company poli...

Copying Views

Saving a .PST file
Some time ago didn't Microsoft release a free add-in for O2003 to periodically copy the .PST file to a backup location? I can't find it on Office Download. Does anyone know where it is? Many thanks. Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=en "Andrew Chalk" <achalk@magnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message news:%23tNSQKahFHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Some time ago didn't Microsoft release a free add-in for O2003 to > periodically copy ...