copy cells from one worksheet to another

How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or
copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet?
- 'worksheet 2'?
thanks.
0
Garrett (8)

Copy and paste special|values
followed by
Paste special|formats

If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it
can't change the format.

Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the
work for you.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Can I "unlock" just one cell in a protected worksheet?
Is there any way I can unlock just one cell in a protected worksheet without removing the protection from the entire worksheet? I am working on a fairly complex worksheet that has 10-15 data entry cells. The rest of the worksheet contains formulas and informational text. I have the formulas pretty much debugged and working. I am now down to making mostly cosmetic changes to the text and formatting. I have marked all of the data entry cells in a different color to help me keep from overwriting a formula, but it still happens occasionally. I usually catch it right away and can recover with ...

Truncating cells
Hello, I have a spreadsheet full of student names (Last, First, Middle) each in a separate column. I need to shorten the Middle Name column down to just the Middle Initial (1 character). It would be nice to do these using a function rather that edit them individually. I've tried the truncate function but could not get that to work. Any suggestions? Thanks, Matt Verdill Greetings, You need to use the LEFT function. In a new cell, type this formula: =LEFT(A1,1) Where A1 is the cell with the Middle Name and 1 is the number of characters. James Walker, Jr. "Matt Verdill...

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Display Cell
How can I display text, for example 1.98 x 106 x T-0.63 (1.98 x 10 to the power 6 x T to the power -0.63)? Hi select these characters in the formular bar and goto 'Format - Cells - Font' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excelhelp" <Excelhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3B96F0D2-F8DA-4901-873F-3391273E3FE1@microsoft.com... > How can I display text, for example 1.98 x 106 x T-0.63 (1.98 x 10 to the > power 6 x T to the power -0.63)? ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Blank cells in graph
I have a a line graph that displays customer behaviour in a number of categories. The data source for the graph is a table that refreshes every time a different 'customer' is selected from a macro drop-down list above the table, drawing data from another table. All the blank cells from the table are plotted as zero on the line graph, and I can't seem to change it so that the blank cells are not plotted on the line graph at all. I've tried going to Tools>Options>Chart, but the 'Plot empty cells as' options are all greyed out except for the 'Zero' opt...

subtotal copy and paste

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

Copying graphs

Merging worksheets with VBA Code -- HELP!
Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of worksheets in a workbook. I have several worksheets that are formatted the same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees. When I run the Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B, C, E, F, G, I from the other work sheets. However, all of the worksheets have information in columns A thru AA. I used the following code for a Summary She...

formula for cell
I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula where I can take for instance a cell with 500 characters and take only the first 30 and paste it in to a new cell. I have used a formula thanks to Gary =left(a1,len(a1)/2 which has worked for other uses I have--now I need to extract only the first 30 characters of a description and I have thousands of cells in my description column..Please Help =left(a1,30) Pete.Cornejo@gmail.com wrote: > > I have many cells with descriptive text, does anyone know of a formula > where I can take for instance a cell with 500...

Backup mail server (One domain, two mail servers)
Hey there I setup exchange to receive mail for 2 domains. Its working fine. As a contingency plan i want to setup a scenario in which even if my mail server aint available i shouldnt have LOST MAIL/ BOUNCED MAIL issues. I studied a few possibilities including clustering but that aint applicable to our scenario. The possibility applicable is the presence of 2 mail servers on the same domain. If my primary mail server is not available for some reason, my second machine takes over. I know thats possible but HOW? Can someone guide me to the implementation. At the moment, i have one machine servic...

How do I change cell that contains a formula to an actual number
I would like to use the results of a formula in a cell as an actual number. Any help would be appreciated? Hi copy the cell and use 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Carlton A. Barlow" <CarltonABarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D8B1F514-E50A-4CB8-98B5-50D6FAA4B739@microsoft.com... > I would like to use the results of a formula in a cell as an actual number. > Any help would be appreciated? An easy way to do this is when editing the formula just type cntl+"=". It immediately chan...

Copying Views