Copy and paste several charts problem

Hello,
I use Excel 2002 and Windows 2000 professional.

Here is a code example in which I am trying to just copy two chart
from a template sheet, paste them into another sheet, delete the chart
and then loop 150 times. This causes the problem "Excel cannot paste th
data" after a while.

Why? Any ideas about how to avoid this error message and solve thi
problem?

In my originally code after copying the charts into the new sheet
adjusts the charts and copies them into word, before they are deleted

I have not managed to create the charts completely from scratch by VB
code, this is why I use the template sheet and has to copy the chart
from there.

Thanks,
Sir

           Attachment filename: copychartsproblem.zip
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=69453

This may be a result of the "No more new fonts" problem. Jon Peltier has
information on this in his Charting FAQ article:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025

and at his web site (use this updated link instead of the one in his
article):

        http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

SiriS < wrote:
> Hello,
> I use Excel 2002 and Windows 2000 professional.
>
> Here is a code example in which I am trying to just copy two charts
> from a template sheet, paste them into another sheet, delete the charts
> and then loop 150 times. This causes the problem "Excel cannot paste the
> data" after a while.
>
> Why? Any ideas about how to avoid this error message and solve this
> problem?
>
> In my originally code after copying the charts into the new sheet I
> adjusts the charts and copies them into word, before they are deleted.
>

> I have not managed to create the charts completely from scratch by VBA
> code, this is why I use the template sheet and has to copy the charts
> from there.
>
> Thanks,
> Siri
>
>            Attachment filename: copychartsproblem.zip
> Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=694539
> ---

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/15/2004 11:18:50 PM
Hi,
yes, maybe it is a fontscale problem?

But when I add the following code to my example there is no difference
I still get the error message "Excel cannot paste the data" after
while running (error at i = 120):

Code
-------------------

  Sheets("myTemplate").ChartObjects(1).Activate
  ActiveChart.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False

  Sheets("myTemplate").ChartObjects(2).Activate
  ActiveChart.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False

-------------------

Many thanks,
Sir

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

add comment to marker in chart
hello dear i hope you are fine. i have problem.i read a lot post but this does not help me. i added comments to a lot cell then creat a chart,ok? now it will show a line with marker or point,when i move mouse pointer , it must show comment but it is number and series or anything? got it? i hope you understand my problem. thanks a lot You can manually add custom labels to data markers in a chart. This is a tedious process, but there are a couple of good, free utilities that can do it for you: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http:...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Need to change the display of a chart
Hello! I have several pie charts that I have created to show percentages. In several of them, there are multiple legend values for the same percentage (0%). Excel prints all of them stacked on top of each other, with their leader lines and in some cases it runs into the title of the chart. Is there any way to change this? Also, in some other cases, with the same situation, there are no leader lines displayed (even though I told it to under Chart Options) and the values all print on top of each other. Suffice it to say, these charts are not very readable. Can anyone help me on thi...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Merging Problems
CRM 4 Professional We recently upgraded to Version 4. Now, when I try to merge records, I get an error that says simply, "No Attribute." This happens with both accounts and contacts. I created some "test" accounts and contacts that are definitely not associated with any other entities and I get the same problem. Any help is appreciated. ------=_NextPart_0001_713E8B87 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Talina, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. I am working on this issue at Microsoft.Private.Directaccess.Crm. He...

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...

How do I set up a supply demand chart in Excel 2007?
I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart in excel 2007? http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ "Smiles" <Smiles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26370E3F-915E-4757-A71E-CA1E9B393BBE@microsoft.com... >I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart >in > excel 2007? ...

several companies (clients) on one physical Ex 2003 server
Hi I get the job to set up an IT-environment, where we can host several companies (20 - 100 users per client) who want to outsource their IT infrastructure. It should be a terminal server environment on windows 2003 with exchange 2003. The clue is to use as few as possible physical servers. Now the question is: I want to host several of these clients on one Exchange 2003 enterprise server. How can I make it possible that they can't see none ressources among themselves (no free/busy-times, calendars, adress books etc.)? they have also different smtp-domains for email adresses. Has som...

Worksheets won't print centered when a chart is embedded.
When printing a worksheet with an embedded chart, the worksheet will not print centered, but is shifted left approx 1/2" in print preview and on the printout. Even though "center horizontally" is checked on the margins sheet in Page Setup. The chart has been sized to match the worksheet. Removing the chart allows the work sheet to print centered. Adjusting margins has no effect on the problem. ...

Multiple signatures problem in outlook 2003
Hi We have two accounts in outlook, one the exchange and the other a pop account so we can sent email under two separate domains (units of business). We need to have separate signatures for each account. We assumed outlook 2003 provided that on its own and upgraded outlook only to outlook 2003 while leaving office versions to below 2003. Now it turns out we also need word 2003 for this feature to work as standard. My question is; is there any way to create an email with a signature other than the default even if it is through vba code? Thanks Regards Not that I know of. --� Milly Sta...

subtotal copy and paste

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

Problem using xml writer
Hi I want to create following xml document using xmlwriter <?xml version="1.0" ?> - <epps> - <remit_trn type="technical"> <remit_date_dtm dtm = "201" >test</remit_date_dtm> <rmt_payee_n1>test</rmt_payee_n1> <rmt_payee_n1>test</rmt_payee_n1> <rmt_ref>test</rmt_ref> </remit_trn> </epps> I wrote the code to do the same but when I run the code I am getting following exception on executing the following line xmlw.WriteAttributeString("dtm01" , "201&quo...

line column Pivot Charts