Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead

Excel 2002

I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats,
pasting special (formula only). For some reason the
formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar,
but the value in the cell is identical to the value of
the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest
formulas with no joy.

BK
0
amend (1)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

What's wrong with this COUNTIF formula?
=COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") A105=20000 There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the formula returns 0. thanks Try the following: =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">"&A105) -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Dave Potter" <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote in message news:6ie9ov48p7tqv85ohpsbnuq7rgi1smtr21@4ax.com... > =COUNTIF(weekly355comp2000,">A105") > > A105=20000 > There are a number of cells in the range greater than 20000 but the > formula returns 0. > > thanks As ...

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

order by case value
If I have the following: SELECT UserID as RID ,EnvironmentID as EnvID ,@authorType as RType ,'A' as Type ,'Author' as FullType ,Case When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') <> '') then LastName + ', ' + FirstName When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') = '') then FirstName When isnull(FirstName, '') = '' then LastName End as RName ,Email as EmailAddress FROM User WHERE EnvironmentID = @Environment...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Count Formula #4
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. They all have people requesting time off...first sheet is for people requesting more than a week off - 2nd for 1 week at a time - 3rd for people just wanting 1 day off. The sheets have their name then 2 columns one for days off starting and the other for days off finishing (With the exception of people just wanting one day off) I would like to have another sheet counting the number of people off on a daily basis. It is easy enough using "counif" for the people asking for 1 day off...but I can't seem to easily break out the weekly...

Formula to reach goal percentage of migrating customers
I am working on a formula and am stuck. I have a goal date that I want to have a certain percentage of customers migrated (90%). There are many weeks leading up to the goal date. I have the following criteria setup: Prior to Week-4 2% of base migrate Week-4 20% migrate Week-3 20% migrate Week-2 20% migrate Week-1 20% migrate Week-0 balance migrate How can I set up a formula on a declining base to reach my goal of 90%? ...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

Calculate max value in specific range
Hi all, I've got a table with specific date values (start & end dates) like this: 3/23/00 Start 3/26/00 End etc. note: the length of days will vary from time tot time. -- I also have a table with all date values and corresponding numbers, like this: Column: A B Row: 1 3/23/00 1101.16 2 3/24/00 1106.16 3 3/25/00 1143.07 (=MAX) 4 3/26/00 1137.54 -- How can I calculate the max value from all those corresponding numbers between a Start- & End date? (1143.07 in this case) I've already tried the Vlookup and Max function but that only refers to 1 value (as...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

Any idea why this is giving me a #Value! Error?
Function FrstLtrs(MyStr As String) As String Dim temp Dim i As Long TmpStr = Split(Trim(MyStr)) 'MsgBox "String" + TmpStr For i = 0 To UBound(TmpStr) If Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "OF") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "AND") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "A") Then If Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) >= 65 And _ Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) <= 90 Then FrstLtrs = FrstLtrs & Left(TmpStr(i), 1) End If End If Next End Function Find the mo...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Need value to show from a different table...
I have a form that has a data source of qry_login.I want to display a value from a table qry_SQLConnect called "SQLServerDB"I used the expression builder and came up with this, =qry_SQLConnect.SQLServerDB, but when I view the form I just get #Name?Can I have the form based on one source and a test box display a value from a different source?Any help would be appreciated!!!Kelvin Use the DLookup function:=DLookup("SQLServerDB", "qry_SQLConnect")-- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele(no private e-mails, please)"Kelvin Beaton" <kelvi...

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...

formulae
Sorry if this is a simple question (I used to know excel alot better ... I think!) I have a column with about various text strings in each cell. In a single cell to the right of this column I want to get the sum of a particular word from that column. can anyone help ? thanking you gerryR Sorry, say my column contains NT 2000 2000 NT XP XP then in my cell to the right I want to be able to display NT= 2 so it counts the amount of times NT appears in the column. thanks gerryR "Mangesh Yadav" <mangesh.NOSPAMyadav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tF1WWObFHA.796@TK...

Need Formula
Hey guys, I am a professional driver and my workbook is setup to keep track of my hours on the road on a day-to-day basis. With the new change in the DOT law I need a solution that complies with those variations but works with this setup: The days of the month run down column A contiguously and each days hours are tracked across rows. For example; Cell E6 is the Drive Time. Cell F6 is the On Duty hours. Cell G6 contains the formula; =SUM(E6:F6). Now, cell I6 adds that total to include the previous 5 cells in column G to come up with a total (the last six days) on duty. Okay, cell K6 is the ...

subtotal copy and paste

To get a lot of charts that contain different values in a minute
To create hundreds of charts in one minute! thousands of in several minutes! Just need a chart in worksheet, you can produce ten charts by using ten rows of data, and produce a thousand of charts by using a thousand of rows! every one of them corresponds to the content of a certain cell, row, column or a certain range. Please visit http://www.addintools.com and trial it. ...