copy a workbook without copying any data #2

Is there a way to copy a workbook without copying any data. I would like to
copy all tabs,micros,links and formulas without  any data in the cells or
notes for the cells being copied.
            Thank You

No. You will have to delete the data yourself.

Usually we set up a workbook and keep an empty copy

--
Brian

BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27550

Data labels #9
My data labels in my bar chart don't look the same after printing as they do on the screen. I try to manually move them but they still don't look the same after printing. Any thoughts? Are they embedded charts or chart sheets? If you select an embedded chart and print it, it will print as a chart sheet, and there's likely to be a fair amount of distortion. When printing and embedded chart, print the worksheet it's on. When printing a chart sheet, uncheck the setting in Tools menu > Options > Charts for Chart Sizes to Window Frame. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micr...

Comparing records in 2 databases
I need to update an access database each day, with stock and price info, and then update it online. Is there a way to compare the before and after tables, and make a new table with only the changed records (only the changed fields!) plus the primary key? OR, does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive program that will do this? For Access 2k. Thanks! Tracking date record was created or updated, SQL Syntax --- It is a good idea to add these 2 fields to all your tables (except lookups). Let them be the last 2 fields. DateCreated, date, DefaultValue = Now() DateModified, date � set on...

collect data from mail merge
If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ? Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do. Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want. Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "data collection" wrote: > If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I > collect the feedbacks from returned wo...

Spreadsheet query #2
I have devised a list of items in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Against each item (in a different cell) is an amount which represtents the items value. I want to be able to use this spreadsheet, so that I can extract, say, all items under �6,000. Is this possible in Excel, or should I be using a database? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Michael. Hello Michael Advanced Filter is one way, Pivot Table is an other way. To my opinion, use of a database would be advisable if records exceed around 10000 items. HTH Cordially Pascal "Michael Dedman" <Mike@Le-Software-Man....

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

sorting without affecting links
Sheet 1 complete list of names all pupils and fees per month Sheet 2/sheet per instructor - list of pupils per instructor with names and fees linked from sheet 1 Problem. If we add new names to sheet 1 then sort it alphabetically the rows change so sheets 2s values get messed up. One way is to use VLOOKUP in Sheet2 for the Fees Assume in Sheet1, names are in col A, Fees in col B data from row2 down In Sheet2, names are listed in A2 down, Fees to be extracted in B2 down Put in B2: =IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A:B,2,0)) Copy B2 down as far as required -- Rgds Max xl ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Error 553 #2
I am trying to configure Outlook 2002 to use a POP account hosted under a domain name I purchased. When I set up the account in Outlook I can successfully send a test message to myself. I can receive messages from any other account, no problem. However I cannot send a message to any other address. I get the message "553 sorry that domain name does not exist in my rcpthost file". I ahve called support fromt he company I bought hte domain name from and I hav called support from Adelphia whoI ahve high speed internet access from, and who host the outgoing mail server. Neither ...

Log data in a shared workbook
Hi all Is it possible to have a spreadsheet which logs data from anothe without over writing each other's data, even though several colleague are inputting and saving in this shared sheet at different times. Eg. Sheet 1 has various data Sheet 2 - A1,2,3, etc = first save Sheet 3 - B1,2,3, etc = second save Etc. ...for the day Cheers Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joey Would you consider writing to a CSV file? You could use VBA's text file functions to write directly to the file, but the file would still open in Excel. One advantage would be that...

subtotal copy and paste

Show Date without time
I've a grid view with a column that shows a DateTime value <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Data"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="lblData" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Data") %>'></asp:Label> </ItemTemplate> <ItemStyle Width="70px"></ItemStyle> </asp:TemplateField> I would like to show only date (not time) but using templatefield and not BoundField solution Thanks &quo...

How do I change the text in a workbook from upper to lower case
Hi Please can anyone help with this one! I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no formulas) and I have done it in caps but now want to change all the text to lower case without having to re-type it all. Excel hslp is confusing so can anyone tell me how to do it please Thanks Mike Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mike wrote: > Hi > > Please can anyone help with this one! > > I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no > formulas) and I have done it in caps but now...

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

outlook 2000 quits without error when sending email
When I either send a new email, or attempt to forward an email outlook 200 quits without an error message. This does not happen every time, but quite regularily. I have removed and re-installed. Repaired the pst file Shaken my fists. Nothing seems to resolve it. One note is that this sudden quit occurs prior to the message is spell checked. Could this be the issue? ...