Converting Spreadsheet to Table in Access?

Hello -

I am performing an exercise in futility (I think).  I have
been able to migrate data from an old MS Works file to a
new MS Access 2000 table, and now I'd like to do the same
with data I have in a spreadsheet.  Does anyone have any
experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi
this is more a MS Access question but you can either linka spreadsheet
as table or use 'File - Import' in MS Access and choose your Excel
table as data so�rce

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello -
>
> I am performing an exercise in futility (I think).  I have
> been able to migrate data from an old MS Works file to a
> new MS Access 2000 table, and now I'd like to do the same
> with data I have in a spreadsheet.  Does anyone have any
> experience with this kind of thing?
>
> Thanks!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/26/2004 7:31:15 PM
Thank you, Frank!  You just made my day!

linka spreadsheet
>as table or use 'File - Import' in MS Access and choose=20
your Excel
>table as data so=FArce
>
>--
>Regards
>Frank Kabel
>Frankfurt, Germany
>
>"Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im=20
Newsbeitrag
>> Hello -
>>
>> I am performing an exercise in futility (I think).  I=20
have
>> been able to migrate data from an old MS Works file to a
>> new MS Access 2000 table, and now I'd like to do the=20
same
>> with data I have in a spreadsheet.  Does anyone have any
>> experience with this kind of thing?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
>.

0
anonymous (74717)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

match rows from spreadsheets-Please help.
how do i match rows from different spreadsheets to a directory: Directory ZIP No. 80001 1 80002 2 80003 3 80004 4 80005 5 80006 6 80007 7 Sheet 1: ZIP POP 80001 134 80003 9890 80006 9489 80009 883 =>: Directory ZIP No. POP 80001 1 134 80002 2 80003 3 9890 80004 4 80005 5 80006 6 9489 80007 7 Use VLOOKUP If you tell us where each block of data resides, I will give a more detailed answer. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme r...

Access DAO vs ADO Recordsets
I'm trying to optimize some Access 2002 code, and I've hit a stumbling block. We use Access as our frontend, and SQL Server as our backend. Here's a code fragment from the old implementation of a search for a specific record: ================================= ' Set focus to NdvID and search API_Sleep 200 'MsgBox "DoCmd.FindRecord " & vNdvID & "," & acEntire & "," & False & ", ," & False & ", ," & True Me.txtNdvID.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord vNdvID, acEntire, False, , ...

Pivot Table Row Field Format (OLAP Source)
I have a pivot table linked to an OLAP cube. In this instance, my only row field contains numbers (the number of days taken to complete a task) and all I want to do is display a count for each total (i.e. 234 items took 1 day, 345 took 2 etc). The problem is that these numbers are listed as text, therefore 1,10,100,11 instead of 1,2,3. In view of the number of days, I'm trying to avoid manually adjusting the list. Apart from importing the source data into Excel rather than using the cube, is there any way to get around this? The problem is in your cube. Edit the dimension in your...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?
I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any ideas? Hi adodson See if the article at http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php does what you want. Regards, Pedro J. > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my > pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any > ideas? Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too. However, I set that option and don't receive the total. ...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Outlook Locks up, A program is trying to access your email
We have started getting a popup window saying that a program is trying to access your email. We click no about 5-10 times and then outlook locks up. We have to end task to use it again. Is there a way to find out what program is trying to access my email. Or to find out what the problem is. I look forward to the solutions. I have run scanpst.exe I have update office xp to sp3 I have run spybot, adware I have rud live update (norton) I have a pocket pc but do not sync email on that computer and it happens when it is not connected. Thanks Rafael See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/...

Convert

How to access vrge file
I work at a law firm and need to review a number of vrge files. Are vrge file individual email files or are they the equivalent of a pst file which is a collection of emails, calendar, contacts, etc? We don't use Macs so we need the ability to view on a PC if possible. If that is NOT possible we can borrow a Mac. What is the best way to be able to view these vrge files on any platform? Thanks, Tom On 2/12/10 8:35 AM, in article FF3C8F86-C268-4129-96D3-693FD6F511CB@microsoft.com, "SoxFaninVA" <tjubb@hot.mail.spam.com> wrote: > I work at a law f...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

how do i refresh a pivot table drop down list in excel 2003?
when i remove data from my source tab, the entries still show in the drop down list for the field in my pivot table. i am trying to figure out how to remove them. i tried removing the field from the pivot table, refreshing the pivot table, and then placing the field back in. that only works sometimes. ...

Is It Possible to Control Access Warning Pop-Up Message Boxes?
When running an update query, Access displays a warning message box and prompts for a response ("You are about to run an update query that will modify data in your table"). I have a macro that runs a series of update queries. Right now, I get the message box/response for each query. In this case, there is no need for the message box at all. Is there a way to (ideally) turn off this message for the duration of the query) or to answer it once for all of the queries? Thanks TerryoMSN It is possible to turn the warning off ... WARNING!!! If you forget to turn it bac...

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

multi-databases Access 2.0 to 97 conversion
Hi, I have to convert ~100 access2.0 databases to access97 these databases contain only tables (no queries, no reports) somebody would have a solution, code example, to automate this process ? i try using the command line, but i don't know how to manage errors. Thanks for your help. TwoD dim dbe as dao.dbEngine if dir(sNewDBFullPath) <> "" then kill sNewDBFullPath dbe.CompactDatabase sOldDBFullPath, sNewDBFullPath, dao.dbLangGeneral, dao.dbVersion30 if dir(sNewDBFullPath) <> "" then kill sOldDBFullPath FileCopy sNewDBFullPath, sOldDBFullPath...

Data table
One of our accountants has a .123 file I've converted to Excel, but I'm having major problems with the data table. I've never used a data table before, so that could be the reason for my troubles; I've looked at every article I can find trying to solve this problem. The input cell used in the ..123 file references a cell on another sheet that is a Weekly Sales Projection, used in 3 formulas when the variables are recalculated. When I try referencing that cell as the Column Input cell, I get an error "Input cell reference is not valid." The first formula used...