convert text-format number to number in excel 2000%3f

The number in the cells are formatted as text, how can I convert them back to
number quickly. There are around 5000 cells in Excel Spreadsheet of Version
2000.
I tried: Format, Cell, Number, F2, but the conversion is number by number
and it takes too long.
0
Larry1461 (99)

Copy an empty cell.
Select your "numbers". Edit>Paste Special, check Add.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The number in the cells are formatted as text, how can I convert them back
> number quickly. There are around 5000 cells in Excel Spreadsheet of
> Version
> 2000.
> I tried: Format, Cell, Number, F2, but the conversion is number by number
> and it takes too long.

0
nicolaus (2022)

How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?
I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages. Is there an easier way? Thanks. You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print Selection, rather than simply Print. You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up. "Davbwalker" wrote: > I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. > I can filter the data to show only r...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

"Functions Displaying", & Old Excel 97 ?
Hello, Really embarased to ask, but: Using an old copy of Excel "97" Where do I find the list of Functions that are available (on what pull-down menu), and how do I display them, please ? Just can't seem to find them on any of the items that displays. How can I get an icon to allow easy access to them on one of the toolbars ? Thank you, B. Excel's help is nice(?). Look for Functions. and... Take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes lots of functions: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ Norman Harker has his version at Debra Dalgleish's si...

Week Number
Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? MTIA Elwyn I've never used this function but I think this would work, perhaps someone else would comment, =WEEKNUM(E1-90) Regards, Alan. "elwyn" <elwyn.meredith@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:IY2dnTDiIIjC30zUnZ2dnUVZ8h-dnZ2d@bt.com... > Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week > 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? > > MTIA > > Elwyn ...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Sharing a excel document over the internet
Hey everyone, I am looking to improve a few things with a client of mine. I have an excel worksheet(office 2000, but we coudl also purchase office xp if needed) which contains work that i have to do for my client. What i would like to do is setup an excel doc that would inform us(depending who modifies the document) that there were changes made (like in outlook or something). Example: he writes that he wants me to install 2 new computers in section d(whatever) of the office. HE then saves the excel file, and outlook automatically sends me a notice that it has been modified. I then double ...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

looking for an excel? template for ebay use...
any help for the best way to manage sales when dealing with lots of ebay listings. Thanks ...

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

How to open excel with in IE
hi, i want to open excel with in IE and shud be able to control the object using script. If i use createobject, it opens up a MS-Excel separately. is there a way to embed excel with in IE. balaji ...

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Importing text from an Explorer window
Howdy all. OS: XP, Excel 2002 SP3 I have my music stored in the My Music directory. I have Artist, Album Title, etc. attributes turned on. What I'd like to do is to take all of this information and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. When I "Select All" from the window, and "Copy", it wants to copy the actual songs, and not the text. Also, the "Paste" option in Excel is grayed out anyway. Is there a way that I can treat the info in a Browser window as just text, and then copy that info into a spreadsheet? TIA. -- Don Cox Here is one I have used...

Font color automatic does not work in Excel
In MS Word 2003, Font Color Automatic changes to white when selecting a dark Fill Color. In MS Excel 2003, Font Color Automatic always appears to be black independently from Fill Color. Am I doing something wrong? You're not doing anything wrong. Excel doesn't change the automatic font colour if the cell is filled with a dark colour. Eric Jan van de Veen wrote: > In MS Word 2003, Font Color Automatic changes to white when selecting a dark > Fill Color. In MS Excel 2003, Font Color Automatic always appears to be black > independently from Fill Color. Am I doing something...

Change color of row (Col A thru Col Q) based on text value in Col J
I am using David McRitchie's code for changing color of entire row based on contents based on a specified cell text value: 'Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36'. This works fine; however, I only want to change color in the first 17 cells in each of the affected rows. How do I do this? Also, I am confused: do I want the stmt 'Application.EnableEvents = True' at the top of my coding in the 'Worksheet_Change' event coding (occupies the Sheet1 Module)? One way: Target.EntireRow.resize(1,17).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 JingleRock wrote: > > I...

XML Note convert to DataSet