How do I convert text case in the same colum or row.  At the moment I use
UPPER, but have to create a new column/row.
0
siani (1)

You may find this to be handy
Sub ChangeCase() 'Don Guillett
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim r As Range
nCase = UCase(InputBox("Enter U for UPPER" & Chr$(13) & "          L for
lower" & Chr$(13) & " Or " & Chr$(13) & "          P for Proper", "Select
Case  Desired"))
Select Case nCase
Case "L"
  For Each r In Selection.Cells
    If r.HasFormula Then
       r.Formula = LCase(r.Formula)
      'R.Formula = R.Value
    Else
       r.Value = LCase(r.Value)
    End If
  Next

Case "U"
For Each r In Selection.Cells
    If r.HasFormula Then
       r.Formula = UCase(r.Formula)
      'R.Formula = R.Value
    Else
       r.Value = UCase(r.Value)
    End If
  Next
Case "P"

For Each r In Selection.Cells
    If r.HasFormula Then
       r.Formula = Application.Proper(r.Formula)
      'R.Formula = R.Value
    Else
       r.Value = StrConv(r.Value, vbProperCase)
    End If
Next
End Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"siani" <siani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I convert text case in the same colum or row.  At the moment I use
> UPPER, but have to create a new column/row.

0
Don

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Delete some column headings from an autofiltered range.
I've selected a range of cells e.g. A6 to CP83 and autofiltered this range. I wish to retain the list headings for columns A to C but wish to remove the list headings from the remaining columns D to CP without affecting the overall list range. Can this be done? "Champ" wrote: > I've selected a range of cells e.g. A6 to CP83 and autofiltered this range. I > wish to retain the list headings for columns A to C but wish to remove the > list headings from the remaining columns D to CP without affecting the > overall list range. Can this be done? .....

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Specific row at the top of the screen?
I have been looking in this forum for an answer to help me position a specific row located by a macro at the top of the screen. Can someone help? Thank's ahead From the Excel Vba help file... This example moves row ten to the top of the window. Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 10 -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Bobby" wrote in message I have been looking in this forum for an answer to help me position a specific row located by a macro at the top of the scre...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?
I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any ideas? Hi adodson See if the article at http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php does what you want. Regards, Pedro J. > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my > pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any > ideas? Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too. However, I set that option and don't receive the total. ...

Importing text from an Explorer window
Howdy all. OS: XP, Excel 2002 SP3 I have my music stored in the My Music directory. I have Artist, Album Title, etc. attributes turned on. What I'd like to do is to take all of this information and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. When I "Select All" from the window, and "Copy", it wants to copy the actual songs, and not the text. Also, the "Paste" option in Excel is grayed out anyway. Is there a way that I can treat the info in a Browser window as just text, and then copy that info into a spreadsheet? TIA. -- Don Cox Here is one I have used...

Change color of row (Col A thru Col Q) based on text value in Col J
I am using David McRitchie's code for changing color of entire row based on contents based on a specified cell text value: 'Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36'. This works fine; however, I only want to change color in the first 17 cells in each of the affected rows. How do I do this? Also, I am confused: do I want the stmt 'Application.EnableEvents = True' at the top of my coding in the 'Worksheet_Change' event coding (occupies the Sheet1 Module)? One way: Target.EntireRow.resize(1,17).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 JingleRock wrote: > > I...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Longest Entry in Columns
Hi. What is the best / quickest way to find the longest entry (most characters / numbers, etc.) in a column? Thanks. Hi! This array formula entered with the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER will tell you how long the longest entry is in a range of cells: =MAX(LEN(A1:A100)) If you want to identify that entry, you could use conditional formatting: Select the range A1:A100 Goto Format>Conditional Formatting Formula is: =LEN(A1)=MAX(LEN(A$1:A$100)) Click the Format button and select a background fill color OK out Biff >-----Original Message----- >Hi. What is the best / quickest...

Convert

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Inventory list columns
There needs to be more columns avaialble in the inventory and other lists. It would also be nice to be able to print from the inventory lists. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en...

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Splitting columns
Hi, I am stuck for an answer here, so any help is appreciated. What I'm trying to do is take two columns, sort them and then break those two columns into four columns to fill the whole page while still maintaining alphabetical order. Thanks See if this link helps: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "BBB" <bblatz@bigeagle.ca> wrote in message news:1155221940.396073....