Convert positive # to negative

Hi,
I heard that there is a smart icon that lets you convert a range with
negative numbers to positive numbers and vice versa.  Could someone
tell me how to do it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
BGN2

--
bgn2
bgn2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25774

Hi,

Am not aware of this icon, but you can type -1 in any cell, copy that
cell, select the range you need and choose Edit->Paste Special and
choose 'Multiply' in the Operation.

Regards

Govind

bgn2 wrote:

> Hi,
> I heard that there is a smart icon that lets you convert a range with
> negative numbers to positive numbers and vice versa.  Could someone
> tell me how to do it?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
> BGN2

0
adgraj1 (46)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Using position() in XmlDataQuery
In Excel 2003 Professional, is it possible to do the following using XmlDataQuery - ie: use the "position()" function in the XPath: CType(ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1), Excel.Worksheet).XmlDataQuery("/Doc/LineItem[position()=1]/Field") Where the XML in the map is: <Doc> <Stuff/> <MoreStuff/> <LineItem> <Field>FirstField</Field> </LineItem> <LineItem> <Field>SecondField</Field> </LineItem> </Doc> And have it return the cell for the "SecondField "? The XmlDataQuery...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Convert

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...

(?) Entering negative number in budget planner?
In Money 2007 Deluxe , I am using the Savings and Spending Budget tool. How do I enter a negative number in the planned amount for a category? For instance, in March I have to pay my property tax, so for the planned amount for the Net Contributions to Escrow Savings Account, I want to enter -$1070.00 to plan for paying the property tax from this account. Or when my employer reimburses me for some home office expenses, I want to enter the reimbursement as a negative number for that expense category. Money will calculate a negative number based on existing transactions, but I can't f...

Negative Time
I am trying to make up a time sheet, with these columns: Start time, time taken for lunch, Finish time, Total hours worked, Time worked in excess of 7:30 hours. I have formatted Start time and Finish time as 'Time: 13:30' and the other columns as 'Custom: h:mm' My problem is with the "Time in excess of 7:30" - as long as the total time is above 7:30 hrs, then there is no problem. I can subtract 7:30 hrs from the total and get the correct answer. However, if the total hours worked is less than 7:30 hrs, if I subtract 7:30 hrs from it, the result is ######## rather tha...

Pointer position on opening
When I open the workbook, how can I get to pointer to automactically be at the next availble cell ready to enter data? ...

graphics converter not working
I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter. It has been going well but now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work. I get the message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is...

Convert VC6.0 CString::Init() code to VC7.1.
How to convert the following code to VC7.1? // Need to declare a descendant of CString to allow access to the Init() member class CStackString : public CString { public: CStackString & operator=(CString const &s); CStackString & operator=(CStackString const &s); using CString::Init; // Make public }; inline CStackString & CStackString::operator=(CString const &s) { CString::operator=(s); return *this; } inline CStackString & CStackString::operator=(CStackString const &s) { CString::operator=(s); return *this; } class CStackValue...