Convert Excel to Word

How can I convert an Excel Workbook with multiple sheets
into a .doc format document?
0
john.dils (1)

John,

To my knowledge, you cannot perform a straight conversion from Excel
to Word. However, there are two things that you can do.

1. Open Word, then within word, click File > Open > Under "files of
type" click All. Find the Excel file and click. An option box will
apear to ask if you want to open the entire workbook, or just one
page. The result is messy at best

2. Open Word to a blank document, and copy the excel portion that you
need and paste special it into word as an excel worksheet document.
You will then be able to double click on the excel portion and get
into the spreadsheet. However if you are trying to distribute this
Word doc to someone who does not have Excel, they will not be able to
double click as you did.

Hope this helps

Kirk Brown

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 02:43:03 -0700, "John Dils" <john.dils@chello.be>
wrote:

>How can I convert an Excel Workbook with multiple sheets
>into a .doc format document?

kirkbrown (1)

how can I find excel 2007 tutoring for beginners
Have excel 2007. Never used excel before and need to create an examination table with various timings for different candidates. I need some basic tutoring. I only seem to be able to find help for experienced users coming to 2007. Use the "Dogpile" search engine and search for 'excel 2007 tutoring for beginners' "m.lewington" wrote: > Have excel 2007. Never used excel before and need to create an examination > table with various timings for different candidates. I need some basic > tutoring. I only seem to be able to find help for experience...

How do I get data (tables) from IE to export to an EXCEL sreadshee
I have been trying to get IE to export a database table to EXCEL. It will not do it. I can right click on the body of the data and say EXPORT to EXCEL - but it won't export or go to the clipboard. How can I get it to do that? From Excel try data>get external data>new web query Regards, Peo Sjoblom "WebgirlMD" wrote: > I have been trying to get IE to export a database table to EXCEL. It will > not do it. > > I can right click on the body of the data and say EXPORT to EXCEL - but it > won't export or go to the clipboard. > > How can I...

Outlook locks up on forward or reply when using word as mail editor
We have a user using Outlook 2002 connected to a local Exchange 2000 server. When the user forwards or replies to an item in the inbox, and the mail editor is set to use Word, Outlook locks up. Using Outlook as the editor and all is fine. Please advise... close word, rename normal.dot and see if it helps. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: http://group...

Convert text file to MS_Excel
I have a text file created and wish to create a MS-Excel spreadsheet w/columns the 1st column should be static while the row could have variable data to append. Any ideas/scripts to share will be appreciated. Sample File: Client: PSHBGMCGAPP01 Backup ID: PSHBGMCGAPP01_1101705374 Policy: McGregorServersDailyBackup Policy Type: MS-Windows-NT Sched Label: MonthlyFull Schedule Type: Full Backup Retention Level: 6 months (6) Backup Time: 11/29/2004 00:16:14 Elapsed Time: 000:36:58 Expiration Time: 06/03/2005 01:16:14 Compressed: n...

Equations converted from 2007 to 2003 not sorting properly.
I have a spreadsheet in 2007 that I need to save in 2003 format so some people can use it. The table records are in rows. Here’s what one equation looks like in 2007… =SUMPRODUCT((Summary[[#This Row],[PartNo]]=PartNo)*(Summary[[#This Row],[RecDate]]=RecDate)) When I Save As an Excel 2003, the formulas get changed. Here’s what it converts to in Excel 2003… =SUMPRODUCT((Summary!$A19=PartNo)*(Summary!$B19=RecDate)) All fine and dandy so far. It looks like to me that the column references are locked, but the row references are "floating". However, all of the calcu...

Excel formula referencing cells
I have a normal list in Sheet1 In Sheet2 I would like to use the information in Sheet1 to print flashcards (used for learning languages). I have each flashcard in Sheet two consisting of 10x10 cells. I have formatted these flashcards so that I get ten for each printed page. I would like to simply transfer information from Sheet1 to Sheet2 Normally when you cut and paste formulas they are kind of intelligent. If I copy and paste =Sheet1!A1 it will change to =Sheet1!A2, =Sheet1! A3, ..., for each subsequent line. This does not work in my case. In Sheet2 I would like to enter a field on every ...

Excel Column Headers
My column headers in excel are suddenly numbers instead of letters. How do I change them back to letters? Hi, Try Tools>options>general and uncheck R1C1 reference style "muggint" wrote: > My column headers in excel are suddenly numbers instead of letters. How do I > change them back to letters? Hi 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'R1C1 Reference style' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "muggint" <muggint@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:62705491-9922-48B4-BEF6-115B578CF1C7@microsoft.com... >...

Excel formula randomly changes to hard-code number
I am having an issue with an Excel model that was orginally written by some of my predecessors at work. I do not know the complete history of the file, but it would be extremely time consuming to recreate. When I change certain values in the model some formulas randomly disappear and are replaced by hard-code numbers. The numbers are the right result of the formula, but the formulas are overwritten with the result. If I retype the formulas they will sometimes be fine and other will go back to a hrad-code number. thanks for any assistence. Ned Maybe there are macros that are doing...

Export a single record directly from record form into excel, etc
I would like to have the ability to export a single record directly from the record form into excel and it would export the contents of all the tabs in the form. Once exported into excel, the tabs in Excel would depict the tab names in CRM with the exact same data on each tab. So the data format in CRM would be mirrored in the import to Excel. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow ...

Can I increase the view of a drop down list beyond 8 in Excel?
I created a drop down list from a group of more than 8 items (12 items). When the drop down list arrow is clicked, Excel shows the first eight than has the block on the right hand side to scroll down the list. I would like to see every item in the group at the same time. Is there a way to make my view longer to include all 12 items? Not if you used data|validation. dustinhess@jore wrote: > > I created a drop down list from a group of more than 8 items (12 items). > When the drop down list arrow is clicked, Excel shows the first eight than > has the block on the...

Excel Not Responding #2
Windows 2000 Professional running Office XP. When opening a file over the network from Windows 2000 Server, it takes a long time and in the task manager it shows "not responding" Then suddenly it opens. When copying the file locally, it opens immediately. The environment is 10/100 Switched network. This is happening on machines with 100Mb network cards and the server has a 100Mb card as well. Any ideas would be appreciated..... ...

Excel chart size
I am trying to create a standard Excel chart size so that I can copy the charts into Powerpoint. I have tried to put each chart on its own chart sheet. However, it seems that the size of the chart varies depending on which computer is used. Is there a way to create a custom sized chart sheet? Is there another way to create a standard sized graph in Excel that can be copied into Powerpoint? I would prefer to use chart sheets since they seem support linked Excel charts better. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not aware of this problem, and it may have to do with the zoomin...

How do I cross out a word in Publisher?
I have copied a Word document into a Publisher document. In the Word document there are some words that are crossed out. I want them to show as crossed out in my Publisher document...but they aren't. How do I cross out words in Publisher? You will need to draw a line and place it over the word. Grouping it with the textbox will keep it in place (as long as you don't change the size of the box). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "NATCH-9" <NATCH-9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Excel Spread Sheet #3
Someone Please help me. The past few weeks, something has changed - when I click on File - to do a Save AS - all that appears is Open and a list of the last four files that I have opened recently. I can not get the Save As, print or any of the other normal listings to appear under the File menu. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance kjtoys@charter.net I suggest: download, install, update and scan with Ad-aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com >-----Original Message----- >Someone Please help me. The past few weeks, something has changed - when I >click on File - to do a Save AS -...

Converting text to dates
Hi I have inherited an Access 97 database which has the dates in text format eg '20040425'. Changing the data type in design view deletes all the records. Anyone know how I can convert these dates from text to date without data loss. Thanks GLS You can add a new field (of Date type) to your table and then do an Update query to fill it with the date value from your text field. Here is the SQL for an Update query using the DateValue() function to convert the text to a true date: UPDATE [MyTable] SET [MyTable].NewDateField = DateValue(Left([TextField],4) & "/" &...

How to stop running total on excel spreadsheet
How do I prevent a running total on spreadsheet. ie, A3+B2 is a total for B3. Yet B4,B5,B6 shows same total. How do I keep these other cells @ zeros or blank until next entry? Thanks. In B3, use =IF(A3<>"",A3+B2,"") and copy across -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "RC" <RC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BDDDA86-4326-4232-8EBF-B64A66C56047@microsoft.com... > How do I prevent a running total on spreadsheet. ie, A3+B2 is a total for B3. > Yet B4,B5,B6 shows same total. How do I keep th...

Conditional formatting.... Excel 2002
Hi, In Conditional formatting I am only permitted upto 3 Conditions but I have 6 conditions how may I overcome. Do later Excel revisions allow for more conditions in Conditional fromatting? Thanks Gunjani Excel 12 will support unlimited CFs. You can do it in earlier versions with VBA, such as Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then With Target Select Case .Value Case ...

Excel not parsing HTML properly
Hi, I am trying to have excel open an HTML file that contains nested table, the outer table contains fields that can be used to perform the sort. But this is not working, Excel instead converts "Line 1" and "Zipcode 1" into merged cells as well as "Line 2" and "Zipcode 2" (see below). If I open this HTML in browser and use Javascript function to sort the table it works fine. Sample HTML that has issues: --------------------------- <HTML> <Table> <TR> <TD>Line 1 </TD> <TD>Zipcode 1</TD> ...

Converting labels to an Excel Sheet
I have labels in Word that I want to use in Excel. If I just copy and paste it I get 1 column with everything in it. I want it in separate columns. Is it possible to do it automatically or do I have to do it manually? See some responses to your identical post in .excel.newusers (Please do not multi-post) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- Leah Stein wrote: > I have labels in Word that I want to use in Excel. If I just copy and paste > it I get 1 column with everything in it. I want it in separate columns. Is > it possible to do it automatically or d...

How can I import email addresses from Excel into other programs?
I have typed a list of names and their email addresses into Excel. I have to use Novell Groupwise here at work for email. How can I import those email addresses in one column into another non-Microsfoft email program? Charma, I/ve never used Novell Groupwise, but many programs are able to import text files. Check to see if that's possible with Novell. If so, save your Excel file as .txt and then import it to Novell. It may work. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Charma" wrote: > I have typed a list of names and their email addresses into Excel. I have to > use N...

Cannot open Excel File #2
Good day to all, why my computer cannot open excel file directly double click the file. very appreciate for those are help me. Thanks. -- Regards, AK Yeoh SMT Division Sanshin (M) Sdn. Bhd. Tel: 04-4257077 Ext:122 Fax:04-4259077 Hi! You can try the steps below: 1. Close Microsoft Excel. 2. Click the Start button, and then click Run. 3. In the Open box, type the following: "Excel.exe /unregserver" without quotation marks 4. Click the Start button, and then click Run. 5. In the Open box, type the following: "Excel.exe /regserver" without quotation marks Can yo...

Excel can't find anything to print
Received a spreadsheet via email. Set the print area. Data is visible on the monitor; but, when I click Print, Excel responds with "Can't find anything to print" What is causing this response? Could be a "Before-Print" macro that is re-setting the PrintArea to a range with no values. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "WJason" wrote: > Received a spreadsheet via email. Set the print area. Data is visible on > the monitor; but, when I click Print, Excel responds with "Can't find > anything to print" What is causing this response...

Cannot move/copy Excel 97 worksheet
Does anyone know why, when I right-click on a worksheet in an Excel 97 workbook, the More or Copy command on the pop-up window is grayed out? The only commands available are Select All Sheets and View Code. The workbook on which this file was based enables the user to move/copy worksheets, but this one doesn't. Both are password protected. What type of things could the user have done to this file that would make this command be disabled? In other words, what should I look for to resolve the problem? Thanks! Catherine Hi does it work then you remove the password restrictions? ...

Why can't I copy/paste from Facebook chat into Word?
I used to be able to copy and paste chats from Facebook, but now it won't work. I can copy from email to Word, or from within Word to Word, just not Facebook chat to Word. ...

Excel cant SAVE added data?
This is a copy/paste with minor edits from post submitted yesterday ... Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) ... built in Excel 2000 (still Excel 2000) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. Anybody know what gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit i...