Convert European currency format to dollars

I have currency data which is stored in Euopean currency
and I want to format it to dollars on a regular basis. Is
there an easy way for Excel to do this?. I have tried
formatting cells and replacing characters by search and
replace, but this is bit hit and miss. The data is stored
as 1.234,56 and I want to convert it to 1,234.56
0
anonymous (74722)

Mark
In Excel, click on Tools/Options, then the International tab.  The top section is "Number handling", and you can specify what you want to use as decimal and thousands separators.  Click on the Use system separators box to remove the check mark, and then you can choose your own separators
Jil

----- Mark wrote: ----

     I have currency data which is stored in Euopean currency
     and I want to format it to dollars on a regular basis. Is
     there an easy way for Excel to do this?. I have tried
     formatting cells and replacing characters by search and
     replace, but this is bit hit and miss. The data is stored
     as 1.234,56 and I want to convert it to 1,234.5

0
anonymous (74722)

How to stop document map pane automatically formatting?
For some obscure reason I am suddenly getting a document map pane appearing on all my documents - old and new. (I've obviously formatted it in somehow.) I do not want to see this. I can remove the pane manually but when the saved document is re-opened the pane has re-appeared. It is also on any files I send by email. Hi Michele, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. If this is a Word question, I suggest reposting your question to the newsgroup below: http://www.microsoft.com/...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Format cells #7

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

Convert Access97 to 2000

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Pivot Table Row Field Format (OLAP Source)
I have a pivot table linked to an OLAP cube. In this instance, my only row field contains numbers (the number of days taken to complete a task) and all I want to do is display a count for each total (i.e. 234 items took 1 day, 345 took 2 etc). The problem is that these numbers are listed as text, therefore 1,10,100,11 instead of 1,2,3. In view of the number of days, I'm trying to avoid manually adjusting the list. Apart from importing the source data into Excel rather than using the cube, is there any way to get around this? The problem is in your cube. Edit the dimension in your...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Auto Format
I am writing reference ranges in columns for lab tests and am having a problem. In the column i want to write: 10 - 20, but everytime i change to another column it changes to Oct 20. This is getting on my nerves. What do i do to prevent this? Format those cells as Text. Right click the cell or range of selected cells, select Format Cells, and then on the Number Tab, select Text. HTH "Richards" wrote: > I am writing reference ranges in columns for lab tests and am having a > problem. In the column i want to write: 10 - 20, but everytime i change to > another column...

Conditional formatting in Excel_Strange behaviour
Hi to everyone. I have a column in an Excel sheet , let’s say A1:A10 where A1:A10=1,2,3,4,5,6,0,ABC,9,10 and all the cells of A column have been declared as text. I would like to apply conditional formatting with multiple criteria as follows: 1) = not(isnumber(value(A1))) the cells to change in red color 2) = value(A1)=0 also the cells to change in red color (These conditions must be apply in all cells A1:A10) When apply these conditions separately it works fine and the cells 0, ABC become red at the same time. When apply these conditions in one line as follows: Or (value(A...

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

format of number keeps changing
I have an excel spreadsheet and in 2 of the columns i have a list of numbers, the format of the cells for each column are the same but on the second column when i type in a number and hit enter to go to the cell below it changes the digit at the end of the number to a zero, for example if i put in 12345 when i hit enter it changes to 12340, this doesnt happen on the column beside it even thought the formatting of the numbers for each cell in both columns is the same. Any ideas????? Is the number more like 1234567890123456 and it becomes 1234567890123450 ?? If so, you're ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook