convert drop down text into result

I Have created a drop down box with Yes,No in it, this will be used multiple
times to collate information, if yes is selected i want it to represent the
number 1 and be diplayed as number 1 in a seperate sheet,this is the same for
"no" i then want to be able to add up the yes's & no's for each queastion
which, so i need to know how i can keep a running total many thanks
0
PeterHad (1)

Hi

in your other sheet you can use a formula such as
=IF(Sheet1!A1="yes",1,0)
which will display 1 for yes values and 0 for everything else or
=IF(Sheet1!A1="yes",1,IF(Sheet1!A1="no",0,""))

you can then add up these numbers using the SUM function

However, you can also use the COUNTIF function to count the number of yes
and no without coverting them to 1 and 0 respectively

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"yes")
will give you the number of yes within the range A1:A10
likewise
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"no")

hope this helps
cheers
JulieD

"PeterHad" <PeterHad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I Have created a drop down box with Yes,No in it, this will be used
>multiple
> times to collate information, if yes is selected i want it to represent
> the
> number 1 and be diplayed as number 1 in a seperate sheet,this is the same
> for
> "no" i then want to be able to add up the yes's & no's for each queastion
> which, so i need to know how i can keep a running total many thanks

0
JulieD1 (2295)
1/11/2005 2:37:18 PM
You don't need to display it as number 1, you can use

=COUNTIF(Range,"Yes")

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"PeterHad" wrote:

> I Have created a drop down box with Yes,No in it, this will be used multiple
> times to collate information, if yes is selected i want it to represent the
> number 1 and be diplayed as number 1 in a seperate sheet,this is the same for
> "no" i then want to be able to add up the yes's & no's for each queastion
> which, so i need to know how i can keep a running total many thanks
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

questions on drop down list
Hello all!!im filling a dropdown list with results from a query as th code shows (i fill the drop down everytime i open the xls file), BU this dropdown keeps all information when i close the file and when run the code again the result is merged into the older, i need to clea the dropdown in this code before i fill it again!!! i tried .Clear bu excel says it doesnt belong to the object class..i dunno what to do > > Sub Auto_Open() > > Const strActiveConnection > "DSN=TURMALINA;Description=TURMALINA;;;APP=Microsoft Offic > 2003;WSID=GENERATOR;DATABASE=JDE_DEVELOPME...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Disapearing Query Results!
Hello Dear I have some Combo Box's on a form that extract data from queries When queries run,the results show to the user that is not necessary! Is it possible to hide query results from user? Thanks Best Regards The question is unclear. Do you want to show the results of a query in the form? Are you seeing query results in data sheet view and don't want to? If this is the case, then you must be executing the query in some manner and opening the query. We cannot see your application and cannot see what you are doing. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

Change color of row (Col A thru Col Q) based on text value in Col J
I am using David McRitchie's code for changing color of entire row based on contents based on a specified cell text value: 'Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36'. This works fine; however, I only want to change color in the first 17 cells in each of the affected rows. How do I do this? Also, I am confused: do I want the stmt 'Application.EnableEvents = True' at the top of my coding in the 'Worksheet_Change' event coding (occupies the Sheet1 Module)? One way: Target.EntireRow.resize(1,17).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 JingleRock wrote: > > I...

Importing text from an Explorer window
Howdy all. OS: XP, Excel 2002 SP3 I have my music stored in the My Music directory. I have Artist, Album Title, etc. attributes turned on. What I'd like to do is to take all of this information and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. When I "Select All" from the window, and "Copy", it wants to copy the actual songs, and not the text. Also, the "Paste" option in Excel is grayed out anyway. Is there a way that I can treat the info in a Browser window as just text, and then copy that info into a spreadsheet? TIA. -- Don Cox Here is one I have used...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Numbers converting to decimal

how do i refresh a pivot table drop down list in excel 2003?
when i remove data from my source tab, the entries still show in the drop down list for the field in my pivot table. i am trying to figure out how to remove them. i tried removing the field from the pivot table, refreshing the pivot table, and then placing the field back in. that only works sometimes. ...

How to get enum identifier name as text during runtime?
Is there any preprocessor directive to get the text string of the enum identifier name at runtime? For example, assume: enum MyList {Mem1, Mem2}; during runtime my code wants to reference Mem1 and print its source code text name "Mem1" by referencing Mem1, and not its numeric value 0. On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:06:18 -0700 (PDT), guuwwe@hotmail.com wrote: >Is there any preprocessor directive to get the text string of the enum >identifier name >at runtime? >For example, assume: >enum MyList {Mem1, Mem2}; > >during runtime my code wants to reference Mem1 and print ...

Dependent drop down lists runtime error 5825
I am using the VBA to populate a drop down list ("Parklist") based on what a user selects from a first drop down list (AtoZ)- code is set to run on exit from ("Parklist"). However, if the user makes a selection in ("A-Z") and then opens the drop down list ("Parklist") but doesn't make a selection & clicks elsewhere in the document, the following error message pops up "Runtime error 5825 Object has been deleted". Sub Fillparklist() Dim myArray1() As String Dim myArray2() As String Dim myArray3() As String Dim myArray4() As String Dim my...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

drag/drop files with different name
I have a CListCtrl which contains a list of files from a directory tree. I have it so that you can drag-and-drop files from the list into an Explorer Window, and files get copied just fine. What I would like to do is rename the destination file. So if F:\foo\bar.txt is dragged on to the Desktop, I'd figure out that it should be called qux.txt instead, and that's what should appear on the Desktop. Is there a way of munging my data source object? Should I try to find the drop destination instead, and try to rename it there? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Gopi. -- Gopi Sundaram ...