Convert currency to $X.XMM

Is it possible to convert $5,682,000.00 to $5.6MM in Excel?  I think the
$5.6MM abreviation is pretty widely used, but I'm not sure how to customize
to that.
0
StephanieH (19)

Hmm, usually $5,682,000.00 would convert to $5.7MM.  If that's acceptable,
then a custom format will work for you

Format>Cells>Number.  Choose Custom in the right hand panel & then, under
Type use something along the lines of

$#,###.0,,"MM"_);($#,###.0,,"MM")

That will leave the underlying value alone, but will present it as
described.  Be aware that anything less than 50,000 will be shown as $0.0MM

"StephanieH" wrote:

> Is it possible to convert $5,682,000.00 to $5.6MM in Excel?  I think the
> $5.6MM abreviation is pretty widely used, but I'm not sure how to customize
> to that.
0
DukeCarey (494)
6/13/2005 8:03:05 PM
Try this custom format:

$#.##,,"MM"

Which will give you $5.68MM.

You would have to round your cell (formula), to get:
$5.6MM
With a format of:
$#,#"MM"

--
HTH,

RD

"StephanieH" <StephanieH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to convert $5,682,000.00 to $5.6MM in Excel?  I think the
> $5.6MM abreviation is pretty widely used, but I'm not sure how to
customize
> to that.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
6/13/2005 8:05:31 PM
Correction to second format.
Should be:
You would have to round your cell (formula), to get:
$5.6MM
With a format of:
$#.#,,"MM"

--
Regards,

RD

"RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Try this custom format:
>
> $#.##,,"MM"
>
> Which will give you $5.68MM.
>
> You would have to round your cell (formula), to get:
> $5.6MM
> With a format of:
> $#,#"MM"
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD
>

> "StephanieH" <StephanieH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to convert $5,682,000.00 to $5.6MM in Excel?  I think the
> > $5.6MM abreviation is pretty widely used, but I'm not sure how to
> customize
> > to that.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

how to convert date

Convert text to time value

Does Macbook work with Office v. X for Mac?
I just got a new Macbook and have been unable to install my version of Office (v.X). I insert the disk and moments later the Mac spits it back out, without any explanation. I called Apple support and they said it was a Microsoft problem. Does anyone know if Office v.X is compatible with the new Mac Intel platform? And if so, how to make it work? Thanks -- Ferris On 13/6/06 21:45, in article 1150231543.952886.288290@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Ferris" <davidferris@mac.com> wrote: > I just got a new Macbook and have been unable to install my version of > Office (...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Active X
I would need to create an ActiveX control to handle a fingerprint sensor. Since I am newbie with activeX is it possiblie to retrieve an array of bytes from an ActiveX. "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bugng6$ljp$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr... > I would need to create an ActiveX control to handle a fingerprint sensor. > Since I am newbie with activeX is it possiblie to retrieve an array of bytes > from an ActiveX. Yes. Use SAFEARRAY. Tom. ...

x log, y lin audio frequency chart
I'm having some trouble with limitaions in the axis display. Is there a way to set the base number of the log graph to start at 2, or 20, and stop at 20,000 or 40,000? It always defaults to decades of one or ten. The second issue is when I set the series by using the wizard, the data is off(lower) by an order of magnitude for some reason that is not very obvious to me. Finally, what is the difference between a range and a series? I have too many points to use the range input. Thanks and sorry about the many questions. JIM Jim I don't think it's gonna happen. When you use...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

x axis to show days but graph to plot in hours
(using excel 2007) Sorry if this has been answered, I have tried to find similar with no luck. I have several days of data, measured hourly. I want to plot a line graph so that the y axis shows concentration (easy enough) but the x axis shows days while plotting in hours. I have tried a number of options but I always end up with either with several lines (instead of 1 line running throughout that I am after) or have 120 hours worth of points running along the bottom, it looks cluttered and often unreadable (this however doesn't really matter). I would like to try and s...

Huge Office X Database, Small Office 2004 Database
I am running OS 10.3.9 on a newer PB. Prior to last week, I had been using Office X. Due to a problem with the max file size of Entourage, I switched to Office 2004. I've been using Office 2004 (heavily) for about a week. Today I looked in the MS User Data folder for Office 2004 and was shocked to see that the Database file was only 18MB in size and has a last modified date that corrisponds to the date I installed 2004. My Office X Database file is at 2.27GB and has a modification date of today. I'd like to uninstall Office X, but am afraid that I'll also loose all my data. Can ...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

What is Office v.X?
I have X 10.1.4. Is that the same thing or is there a new version out? -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 rbpeirce@adelphia.net [Mac] rbp@cooksonpeirce.com [Office] On 8/21/03 4:45 AM, in article rbpeirce-173A03.07454121082003@msnews.microsoft.com, "Robert Peirce" <rbpeirce@adelphia.net> wrote: > I have X 10.1.4. Is that the same thing or is there a new version out? You have the updated version of Office X. Complete version info can be found here: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version.html#Anchor-Currentversion> -- Diane Ross MVP Entourage (MV...

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Item Currency in GP10
I am attempting to use "non-inventoried" items for Sales Invoicing in GP 10. I am in Canada on an implementation for a Canadian company. Here's the details of my test case: - The customer is a US customer, linked to a USD chequing acct - The item has been set up as "Services" with a USD and CAD list price When I enter the sales invoice, the only price the system will use is the CAD one. It won't ever prompt me for USD. I even remove the CAD price (although you can't remove the CAD Currency definition for the item), and it still won't take the USD price...

x.400 finding cn's
I am trying to find a way to get the Common Names from an x.400 server and create a custom records for all those found. I am able to do the latter. But I am struggleing to query the x.400 server. Can it be done ? if so how. Thanks K ...