Convert a number to a time

I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I
want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do
this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a
calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number?
0
Jack4963 (285)

Depending what you wish to do excel stores times as well as dates as
numbers, with 1 being a full day. An option is to divide everything by
24 and use a custom format of dd hh:mm although this will express the
hours as days and hours

It depends what you want to do really

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27107

suppose you have 232.5 in cell A1. in cell B1 type
=((A1-ROUNDDOWN(A1,0))*60/100)+ROUNDDOWN(A1,0)

That should do the trick.

Steven.

"Jack" wrote:

> I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I
> want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do
> this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a
> calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number?
0
Steven (151)
1/19/2006 8:35:04 AM
Divide by 24 and format the resultant cell as [h]:mm

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I
> want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do
> this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a
> calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/19/2006 8:45:16 AM
Thanks Bob. I played around with custom formats, but could not get it right.
This works perfectly.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Divide by 24 and format the resultant cell as [h]:mm
>
> --
>  HTH
>
> Bob Phillips

> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I
> > want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do
> > this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a
> > calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number?

0
Jack4963 (285)

Week Number
Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? MTIA Elwyn I've never used this function but I think this would work, perhaps someone else would comment, =WEEKNUM(E1-90) Regards, Alan. "elwyn" <elwyn.meredith@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:IY2dnTDiIIjC30zUnZ2dnUVZ8h-dnZ2d@bt.com... > Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week > 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? > > MTIA > > Elwyn ...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Is it possible to customize the Billable time increments?
Hi all, Does anyone know if it is possible to customize the billable time dropdown in the Resovle Case page? Our company bills on 15 minute intervals and when the time goes about an hour, it starts jumping by the half hour. Is this data modifiable from anywhere in the database? Any help is appreciated Thanks Josh ...

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

inserting current time absolute value
hey everyone I'm trying to create a formula that when something is entered in one cell the current time is stamped in another cell. So far here's what I came up in my C4 cell =IF(A4<>"", NOW()-TODAY(), "") When something is entered in cell A4, the current time enters in at cell C4. I copied the formula by using fill down, but when I enter in something in the next cell of A5, cell C5 and C4 gets updated with the same current time, when i enter the something in A6, cells C6, C5, C4 gets updated with the same time and ETC, ETC How would I use absolute valu...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Number of hrs worked in a week, based on dates in a different column
Hi. I'm hoping someone will give this a try. I'd like to enter a function into each cell in column D so that the total hours worked for the previous week appears each Sunday. For instance, cell D6 would display 11, the sum of C2:C6 (note this is a short week). Cell D20 would display 22.5, the sum of C7:C20. On some days, no work at all is performed, but on other days multiple tasks are performed. The only cells in column D that should display a value are the Sunday's... all other cells should display nothing. Thanks very much for your help!! Gregg. ...

Numbers converting to decimal

max number of fields on a form (new question)
I am creating a database based on a paper form. The paper form has over 360 individual pieces of information, all of which are recorded for research purposes. My boss would like me to create a replica electronic form based on the paper form, but access only allows 255 fields on one form. Other than subforms, is there any other way to get around this? I have my data organized into related tables, but every field from each table needs to be on the form. Any suggestions? The limit of 255 is not the form. Forms have a lifetime limit of 754 controls. That means that if you delete a control the...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

format of number keeps changing
I have an excel spreadsheet and in 2 of the columns i have a list of numbers, the format of the cells for each column are the same but on the second column when i type in a number and hit enter to go to the cell below it changes the digit at the end of the number to a zero, for example if i put in 12345 when i hit enter it changes to 12340, this doesnt happen on the column beside it even thought the formatting of the numbers for each cell in both columns is the same. Any ideas????? Is the number more like 1234567890123456 and it becomes 1234567890123450 ?? If so, you're ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...