convert .123 format to Excel?

Does anyone know how to convert Lotus files in .123 format to Excel?  I'm
working with Excel XP.  Thanks
0
Rainville (1)

Hi Doug-

Open the file in Excel the same as any Excel file, although you may need to
change the file type (bottom list in the Open File dialog box). If you don't
know the specific Lotus version, just choose "All Files".

Once you open the file in Excel go to File>Save As and open the bottom list
for Save As Type. Pick the format you want.

Hope this helps|:>)
"Doug Rainville" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to convert Lotus files in .123 format to Excel?  I'm
> working with Excel XP.  Thanks
0
CyberTaz (411)
1/28/2005 8:47:05 PM
Hi, Doug-
>From Excel, on the top menu if you'll click  >File >Open a dialog box
opens.  Select the path and then in the "Files of Type" dropdown select
"Lotus 123" files.  This opens the 123 from Excel- when you save the
file, specify to save it as an Excel file.

Dave O

0
CycleZen (674)
1/28/2005 8:50:43 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, however, using the open file dialog for Lotus
only works for files with a "wk?" extension.  The Lotus file I have, has been
saved in the more recent ".123" extension.  Excel returns "file format
errors" when attempting to open.

"Dave O" wrote:

> Hi, Doug-
> >From Excel, on the top menu if you'll click  >File >Open a dialog box
> opens.  Select the path and then in the "Files of Type" dropdown select
> "Lotus 123" files.  This opens the 123 from Excel- when you save the
> file, specify to save it as an Excel file.
>
> Dave O

You need to save it as wk extension in lotus then convert it in excel, if you
don't have lotus to do this there are probably only commercial converters like

http://www.dataviz.com/products/conversionsplus/index.html

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Doug Rainville" wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply, however, using the open file dialog for Lotus
> only works for files with a "wk?" extension.  The Lotus file I have, has been
> saved in the more recent ".123" extension.  Excel returns "file format
> errors" when attempting to open.
>
> "Dave O" wrote:
>
> > Hi, Doug-
> > >From Excel, on the top menu if you'll click  >File >Open a dialog box
> > opens.  Select the path and then in the "Files of Type" dropdown select
> > "Lotus 123" files.  This opens the 123 from Excel- when you save the
> > file, specify to save it as an Excel file.
> >
> > Dave O

0
PeoSjoblom (789)

Format cells #7

"Functions Displaying", & Old Excel 97 ?
Hello, Really embarased to ask, but: Using an old copy of Excel "97" Where do I find the list of Functions that are available (on what pull-down menu), and how do I display them, please ? Just can't seem to find them on any of the items that displays. How can I get an icon to allow easy access to them on one of the toolbars ? Thank you, B. Excel's help is nice(?). Look for Functions. and... Take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes lots of functions: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ Norman Harker has his version at Debra Dalgleish's si...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

How to stop document map pane automatically formatting?
For some obscure reason I am suddenly getting a document map pane appearing on all my documents - old and new. (I've obviously formatted it in somehow.) I do not want to see this. I can remove the pane manually but when the saved document is re-opened the pane has re-appeared. It is also on any files I send by email. Hi Michele, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. If this is a Word question, I suggest reposting your question to the newsgroup below: http://www.microsoft.com/...

excel won't launch
all other MS Office apps work fine. all of a sudden i can't launch excel. it says it's trying to configure Microsoft Office Professional with Front Page, then it fails and asks for the disk, which my computer did not come with or i can't find. i have Office 2002. then i get error 1706. please help and thanks, richard wheeler "Richard Wheeler" <RichardWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E72266D8-90BF-4372-98A0-8F9E82B5532B@microsoft.com... > all other MS Office apps work fine. all of a sudden i can't launch excel. > it > s...

How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?
I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages. Is there an easier way? Thanks. You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print Selection, rather than simply Print. You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up. "Davbwalker" wrote: > I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. > I can filter the data to show only r...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

Sharing a excel document over the internet
Hey everyone, I am looking to improve a few things with a client of mine. I have an excel worksheet(office 2000, but we coudl also purchase office xp if needed) which contains work that i have to do for my client. What i would like to do is setup an excel doc that would inform us(depending who modifies the document) that there were changes made (like in outlook or something). Example: he writes that he wants me to install 2 new computers in section d(whatever) of the office. HE then saves the excel file, and outlook automatically sends me a notice that it has been modified. I then double ...

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

Convert Access97 to 2000

looking for an excel? template for ebay use...
any help for the best way to manage sales when dealing with lots of ebay listings. Thanks ...

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Pivot Table Row Field Format (OLAP Source)
I have a pivot table linked to an OLAP cube. In this instance, my only row field contains numbers (the number of days taken to complete a task) and all I want to do is display a count for each total (i.e. 234 items took 1 day, 345 took 2 etc). The problem is that these numbers are listed as text, therefore 1,10,100,11 instead of 1,2,3. In view of the number of days, I'm trying to avoid manually adjusting the list. Apart from importing the source data into Excel rather than using the cube, is there any way to get around this? The problem is in your cube. Edit the dimension in your...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

How to open excel with in IE
hi, i want to open excel with in IE and shud be able to control the object using script. If i use createobject, it opens up a MS-Excel separately. is there a way to embed excel with in IE. balaji ...

XML Note convert to DataSet