Controlling drawing objects in Excel . . .

i m trying to do the following.
1) i draw 10 circles, 10 rectangles and 10 ellipses (all
are scattering here & there) in excel.
2) i would like to change all the sizes of circles with
minimum steps.

[Is it possible to control in such a way that a circle is
drawn as a master one, and that circle will be copied and
copied until required number. When we want to change
something to all circles, we will change the master
circle, and all other circles will be automatically
changed.]

If someone knows, kindly explain to me.

Thanks & Have a nice day!!!
Thaw Htin Oo.

Thaw,  (Oo?)

One possibility is to select the objects (multiple selection), then change
one.  Use the Shift and/or Ctrl keys as you click, or turn on the Drawing
Select (white arrow) tool on the drawing toolbar and make a select box with
the mouse.  DOn't forget to turn it off when you want to start selecting
cells again.  Make you crazy.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Thaw Htin Oo" <thawhtinoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i m trying to do the following.
> 1) i draw 10 circles, 10 rectangles and 10 ellipses (all
> are scattering here & there) in excel.
> 2) i would like to change all the sizes of circles with
> minimum steps.
>
> [Is it possible to control in such a way that a circle is
> drawn as a master one, and that circle will be copied and
> copied until required number. When we want to change
> something to all circles, we will change the master
> circle, and all other circles will be automatically
> changed.]
>
> If someone knows, kindly explain to me.
>
> Thanks & Have a nice day!!!
> Thaw Htin Oo.

0
nowhere8060 (363)

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Excel display Fault
Out of about 50 people using an excel program I wrote, three people exhibits a problem after running a macro, where a worksheet shows parts of other worksheets. Moving a mouse over the areas clears the problem area. I believe some update from Microsoft has created this fault as it has only started to fault last week. All 3 people are running excel 2003 professional Turning auto calculate off fixes the fault, however turning auto calculate back on, immediately produces error I use the following commands trying to overcome problem with no positive results Application.Cal...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

How do I create mail merge labels from excel.
Whatever I try, I am unable to open the data source. Jackie, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "jackie" <jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Excel creating tmp files
I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I make a change to an excel file it wants to create a separate file labled with a tmp extension ie f5de4221.tmp. Why is it doing this and what can I do to stop it. Jim S Hi Jim, Have you solved this problem? I'm also facing the same problem but can't solve it. If you've found the solution please let me know steps to follow. Best regards, Gus "Big Jim" wrote: > I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I > make a change to an excel file it...

Generating a excel document

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

OLE object 02-11-08
I am working on a database that has several reports containing an image (logo) at the top of each report. When I tried to copy/paste the image I got a message that says "The OLE server isn't registered. To register the OLE server reinstall it.". I have no idea how to do this. All I wanted to do was copy the logo from the top of one report to the top of a new one. I found a workaround where I right click the image and select "change to" and then "image" and this allows me to copy/paste the image. But my question is where is this image now stored?...

Excel Formula #8
I am trying to format spreadsheet. Need 3 counts. 1st count is for 90% and above =COUNTIF(H5:M16,">89.99"). Second count is for Under 80% =COUNTIF (H5:M16,"<79.99") . Can anyone help me with a formula for 3rd count, between 80% and 89.98? I can't seem to formulate it. Thanks in advance Hi Barb, Try =COUNT(H5:M16) - COUNTIF(H5:M16,">89.99") - COUNTIF(H5:M16,"<79.99") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Barb" <...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

EXCEL chart legend formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I've got it working in the excel data cells, but the formattin doesn't transfer to the legend and I can't directly change the legend text. I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks! tauntonuse wrote: EXCEL chart legend formatting 28-Oct-09 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I h...

Select WMI objects and import into SQL
I have been trying to figure out how to import information collected from WMI objects from multiple servers and import directly into SQL table, not via csv's or anything. Does anyone have an example or instructions? -- PoShNoob I've used a technique where I convert a WMI object/collection (or any Powershell object) into an array of System.Data.DataTable (in memory ADO.NET) and then use the .NET 2.0 SqlBulkCopy class to load the in-memory object into a SQL table. The technique is described in an article I wrote for SQL Server Central: http://www.sqlservercentral.c...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Excel 2003 VBA program kills itself in Japan
Hi, I wrote a VBA program for an Excel workbook. This program works just fine on my PC (US English setup), but my japanese collegues have problems. We observed that the VBA program changes on a japanese PC to the extent that syntax errors occur. This is how it happens: My code looks like this: ------------------------------------ Function ReplIllegal(ByVal txt As String) As String Dim ill As String ill = "´`@€²³°^<>\*./[]:;|=?,""" ' list of illegal characters ReplIllegal = "" txt = Repla...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Use VBA to design Excel report
Hello - I've got an Access application that uses VBA to programmatically create a series of Excel reports. I'm having a little trouble formatting the cells correctly. The way you would code it in Excel isn't always working in Access. Does anyone know where I can find a good reference on the proper format? I've figured out basic font changes, but I'm having trouble with number formats and borders. Thanks! Sorry, I should also include sorting. Can't seem to get the wording correct for that either. Thanks again! "Michael" wrote: >...

Sort data in Excel
I am having some tag numbers and it is entered in random. I want to sort this according to the group which starts alphabetically. How can this be done? I know that filter is one way but it doest work the way i want. Eg. I am having tags pg-1, , pg-5, pg-2, he-1, xza-2, pza-3, fia-1 etc. I want to sort it such a way that all the tag starts with p should come together and h should come together .... and so on .. how can this be done . thanks in advance Can you use an extra column and sort by that, eg. if the tags are in column A =LEFT(A2,1) This will parse the first letter into a new ...

Office97 home edition Excel
My new Vista operated Dell inspiron does not run the Server add on from my Office 97 disk. It was fine with the previous XP machine. Is there anything I can do to get it working? The Help files don't work with Vista it seems. Thanks Alan C r.combellack@nspmexplorenet.com -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Inserting MS Project into Word as an object
Hi, I know that here are some posts regarding this topic, but none of them solves my situation... I have some project (done in MS Project 2007 SP2) and I want to insert it into Word 2003 as an object. I want the whole Gantt chart to be displayed (all columns) and the workflow diagram as well. I set the table view to Summary in MS Project (View -> Table -> Summary), but it's probably not important. Now what I do is normally inserting the project file as an object from file. It will display some small portion of it, let say two columns. When I double click it to edit i...