Control Tab from Combo box- format control missing!!

I cannot change the input range and cell link within the format control
option of a combo box.

Does anyone know why this control tab is missing?

Many thanks
0
mo1 (30)

You should use a combo box from the Forms toolbar rather than the Control
Toolbox toolbar to see what you expect.  Otherwise, right click the Control
Toolbox combo box, pick Properties, and enter the ListFillRange and
LinkedCell properties.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Mo" <Mo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I cannot change the input range and cell link within the format control
| option of a combo box.
|
| Does anyone know why this control tab is missing?
|
| Many thanks

0
jrrech (1933)
1/6/2005 12:52:59 PM
"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>  Otherwise, right click the Control
> Toolbox combo box, pick Properties, and enter the ListFillRange and
> LinkedCell properties.

FYI. You have to be in design mode to do this

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/6/2005 1:19:06 PM
Thank you very much. That helps alot.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> You should use a combo box from the Forms toolbar rather than the Control
> Toolbox toolbar to see what you expect.  Otherwise, right click the Control
> Toolbox combo box, pick Properties, and enter the ListFillRange and
> LinkedCell properties.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "Mo" <Mo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I cannot change the input range and cell link within the format control
> | option of a combo box.
> |
> | Does anyone know why this control tab is missing?
> |
> | Many thanks

0
mo1 (30)

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

Sum of Services Provided Check Box
I have a check box on table: FLW You are to check as many services as was provided with this client on this contact. List of services: Outgoing Call Crisis Counseling in Person Therapy in Person Group Treatment Criminal Justice Support Assistance Filing Compensation Personal Advocacy SANE Follow-Up Financial Assistance Written Info Provided Legal Advocacy Other Follow-Up I have a query for date range. Then a report to print from the query per contact. My report for Services Provided gives me a 12 digit result. If an item is not checked it is represented by "0", if it is che...

Paste as Text option is missing...help
I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) and I can't find the "Paste as Text" option to save my life. It's been a while since I have tried to use the option, but it should be under "paste special" correct? Anyone? Look under PasteSpecial and click the Value option. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ron" <ron_mase@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49ff3227.0407210724.12756611@posting.google.com... > I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) and I ca...

Using TAB key in a table
Hello folks I am sure that this would of been asked before but I cannot find any reference to it. Please can you tell me wether it is possible to use the TAB key within a single cell in a table. (not to advance to the next cell, but just to be able to line up text in another cell.) Maybe it is a key combination ctrl/tab for example. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation. -- Big Rick Create a text box the size of the cell. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Big Ri...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

How do I create a formula that displays the tab name in Excel?
See Bob's site http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "fazeez01" <fazeez01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A4DF27F-2BDE-4DE9-8B34-55CA583D36B3@microsoft.com... > You'll need this Excel add-in: http://xcell05.free.fr/downloads/Morefunc.zip After you install it, just use the SHEETNAME() function. Example: =SHEETNAME(1) would call the first tab in your workbook. Hope this helps. -- AlexJ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AlexJ's Pro...

Can Outlook put outgoing messages in my server's Out Box?
I set up Outlook for my Internet mail account & got it to leave copies of messages in the IN box on my Web Mail. What I would really like is if Outlook, in addition to maintaining it's own Sent Mail folder, could put the outgoing message in the Sent Mail box on my Web Mail. Can that be done? Thanx, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? "plh" <plh_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:h7r5jr05c9@drn.newsguy.com... > I set up Outlook for my Internet mail account & got it to leave copies of > messages in the IN box on my Web Mai...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

EXCEL chart legend formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I've got it working in the excel data cells, but the formattin doesn't transfer to the legend and I can't directly change the legend text. I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks! tauntonuse wrote: EXCEL chart legend formatting 28-Oct-09 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I h...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Missing entry
Hello; Our finance team spent that weekend adding to the next fiscal budgets into the budget cards. This morning when they pulled the budget reports, some of the data was missing. They told me that this also happened between saturday night and sunday morning, where they completed the entering the budget for a code and the next morning some of the enteries where missing, so they had to reenter the missing amounts again. Any ideas why this would have happened? Using Dymanics GreatPlains 9.00.0314 Thanks Blaine First Blaine, that's a pretty broad question. Second, why are they no...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Exchange 2003 mail boxes
hi all, am encountering the following problem: In outlook (any version) when I open the address book and select any name then the properties then under "general" press "contacts" (or "personal address book" in the previous versions") and then select "activities" tab, it displays the e-mails of that name. I do not know how it is happening but it is there. Please help. Regards. Sounds like you have the Journalling feature of Outlook enabled. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nazih Da...

Set new message to "Justify" format...not Left??
Greetings, I was wondering if there was a way to have a new mail message automatically be set up for "Justify" instead of "Left" for paragraph formatting. I'm using Outlook 2003 Thanks in advance Are you using Word as the Outlook message editor? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, glen.bramlitt@gmail.com asked: | Greetings, | | I was wondering if there was a way to have a new ma...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Tab in numbering does not move to next "level" in the list hierarchy
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel This is how things used to go: <br><br>I start my list by typing &quot;1.&quot; and hitting the space bar. When I hit return, the next line begins with &quot;2.&quot; However, it used to be that when I pressed the tab key, the &quot;2.&quot; went to the next level: &quot;a.&quot; (followed by &quot;i.&quot; if I hit tab again to get to the third level). <br><br>Yesterday this stopped working. When I hit tab after my &quot;2.&quot; it simply ta...

tabs
I use excel to autogenerate code for use in various scripting languages. Is there any way to force a tab into a string generated using an excel formula? -- -- Fabian Visit my website often and for long periods! http://www.lajzar.co.uk fabian, Probably need a more specific question. Here are some possibilities for what you want: =A2 & CHAR(09) & B2 =concatenate(A2, CHAR(09), B2) =A2 & "Some text, don't you know" You may wish to define a name (like "tab")) for the tab character. Format - Name - Define and in the "refers to" box: =char(9) th...

Printing large-format output from Publisher
All, This may not be the "proper" forum for this question, but I'm hoping someone here may have an answer for me. I have a Publisher document (finished size about 11 x 25) that I print using an HP deskjet printer, to both sides of 100 lb. weight glossy paper, 13"w x 26"l; I then trim the sides, top & bottom edges, and fold the completed document into a two-sided three-fold brochure. So far so good. The current printer is OK, but it's slooow and the pages take quite a while to dry before I can print the second side. I've already adjusted ink density...

Default Format Comments
in Excel 2002 is there a way to format all comments at once? or change the default format for new comments? Hi see http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html >-----Original Message----- >in Excel 2002 is there a way to format all comments at >once? or change the default format for new comments? >. > ...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...