Control pasted/imported data to use only ODD or EVEN rows

I want to move data from access 2000 to excel
I want to paste or import.

May I tell excel to only accept one paste to use ODD rows,
the the second paste to use even rows?

I have spit data in access queries so I can use two
pastes,exports.
I have 5000 rows to do per paste. Maybe fifty columns
The data in each paste will have identical columns and
information.

example;
Joe, Smith, address, 1st car info (red blue black)
Joe, Smith, address, 2nd car info (red blue black)
Mary Poppins, address, 1st car info (red blue black)
Mary Poppins, address, 2nd car info (red blue black)

If you have a solution,
my email is john-corrigan@msn.com
0
anonymous (74722)

I haven't seen a follow up that gives you what you want so maybe you
can try two pastes then sort on one of the columns that is the same in
both queries?
If you don't want to reorder the records then try something like this:

Assuming AY is first open column, row 1 is labels, and column A holds
a value that is the same for records you want together, but different
in all cases you want seperated,
type 1 in AY2
In AY3>
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A4,A$2:A3,0)),INT(MAX(AY$2:AY3))+1,MATCH(A4,A$2:A3,0)+0.1)
Copy AY3 down then sort on Column AY

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:36:21 -0800, "john C"

>I want to move data from access 2000 to excel
>I want to paste or import.
>
>May I tell excel to only accept one paste to use ODD rows,
>the the second paste to use even rows?
>
>I have spit data in access queries so I can use two
>pastes,exports.
>I have 5000 rows to do per paste. Maybe fifty columns
>The data in each paste will have identical columns and
>information.
>
>example;
>Joe, Smith, address, 1st car info (red blue black)
>Joe, Smith, address, 2nd car info (red blue black)
>Mary Poppins, address, 1st car info (red blue black)
>Mary Poppins, address, 2nd car info (red blue black)
>
>If you have a solution,
>my email is john-corrigan@msn.com

how import my addrerss book from my msn acount,to my outlook
thank you What format does the MSN account support for export? If one of the supported file types in Outlook, then use that one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, Osvaldo asked: | thank you ...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Paste as Text option is missing...help
I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) and I can't find the "Paste as Text" option to save my life. It's been a while since I have tried to use the option, but it should be under "paste special" correct? Anyone? Look under PasteSpecial and click the Value option. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ron" <ron_mase@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49ff3227.0407210724.12756611@posting.google.com... > I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) and I ca...

Which version of S/MIME does Outlook XP use?
Hi Does anybody know what version of S/MIME Outlook XP uses? I think it is v. 3, and that Outlook 2000 uses v.2. Can anybody confirm this? I am writing a delphi application that sends signed, encrypted messages through Outlook. My client's email client cannot decrypt messages that come from Outlook XP. However, it can decrypt messages sent through Outlook 2000. He says that it fails because the content-type on the messages sent through Outlook XP is 'application/pkcs7-mime' instead of 'application/x-pkcs7-mime'. Is this because Outlook XP uses S/MIME version 3, instead of...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

Enable the 'cheque comment' field with using EFT
EFT is enabled, GP 8.0. In payables batch entry, when 'Bank Transfer' is selected and the batch is processed, the 'print payables cheques' window appears but the 'cheque comment' field is greyed out and cannot be used. The 'cheque comment' field could be used in UK BACS version 7.5 below - this is a reduction in functionality ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

I can't use outlook express to send mail
Hi, I need you help. My problem is that I can not use outlook express (window mail with vista) to send e-mail out. The error message is as following: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'ljkljlkjkl', Account: 'public.tpt.tj.cn', Server: '202.106.187.158', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can you please help me to find out how to settle this problem. Thanks, Grace Windows Mail is Windows Mail, not Outlook Express. '202.106.187.158' is not a server name. Call your ISP and ...

Import Contacts 02-13-04
How can I import contacts from Outlook without creating Accounts (Company in Outlook) Erik Sorry, replace without by with :-) "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:e3q9r8i8DHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I import contacts from Outlook without creating Accounts (Company in > Outlook) > > Erik > > You can't. The leading solution seems to be Scribe Migrate (www.scribesoft.com). About $995 last time I looked. >-----Original Message----- >Sorry, replace without by with :-) > >"Erik" <none> wrote in message news...

Use the Windows task scheduler to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com please do not post the same message in multiple newsgroups at different times, thank you this is posted and answered in: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal Access Basics http://www.AccessMVP.com/st...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Drop-down selection fills data across multiple columns
I have seen a spreadsheet that has a drop-down box (combo box). When being clicked on, it shows data in multiple columns. When selecting a value from any of the default values, their associated information is automatically placed into adjacent cells. Pls see http://www.microsheet.com/Downloads.htm and download the Time & Expense Manager example. On the INVOICE tab, you'll see combos under Task Description. I'm trying to built such drop-down menu. How can I create such drop-down menu from which I select a value and a few other columns are automatically filled? Tom I don&...

Can I use 'names' in defining a series in a graph
I have successfully used the name feature to name individual cells and ranges of cells and than have used them in formulas. However, when I try to use a name in the definition of a series on a graph, it says there is an invalid reference. Am I doing something wrong, or can you not use names in series definitions? Thanks for your help. There are innumerable examples on the internet showing how to use names as your chart source data. See for example: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html What is probably leading...

Import symbols into a DLL from EXE
How do I import symbols into a DLL from the EXE of the application? I have a DLL with some functions, but they require access to some of the global variables defined in the main EXE file. If I use __declspec(dllimport) in the DLL with these variable names, I get linker errors as the lib file for those variables is not available. The EXE will not link without the lib file for the DLL. It looks like a cyclic problem. How do I solve it? Abhijit wrote: >How do I import symbols into a DLL from the EXE of the application? > >I have a DLL with some functions, but they require access t...

Copy/Paste VBA
Ich will eine ganze Visio Seite kopieren mit allen Verbindungen zwischen den Shape und deren Verklebungen (glue Ich habs versucht mit select all, group , copy paste und ungroup auch mit der Option bei copy/paste das es an der orignalposition positioniert werden sol abe 1) die Positionen stimmten nicht überei 2) die Verbindungen waren eingetragen aber nicht verglue Was nun einer eine Version die funktioniert und einfach is thx, mfg Daniel H. You might try Copy / Paste without doing the Group / Ungroup. Are you working with a specific set of shapes? Some Visio shapes have protections t...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

How to Delete entire rows by selecting different text in column A
I have a database that exports data to excel where duplicate and specific data is deleted using macros. My question is the data in column A uses multiple years of information. Example 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Beall 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Beeghly 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Berish 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Blohm 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Brander 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Brown Using the If function how do I either just use part of the cell, e.g. "Fall Senior" or use the entire cell e.g. 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team but use a wild card character for the...

Creating DTD using DOM
Hi, I want to create a DTD in an XML file in memory. The XML file is created using the DOM in C#. I am new to all this, but couldn't find anything about creating DTD's using the DOM (well, I found some references but it doesn't tell me how to do what I want). Here's my code: XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlElement root = xdoc.DocumentElement; XmlDeclaration xdec = xdoc.CreateXmlDeclaration("1.0", "utf-8", null); xdoc.InsertBefore(xdec, root); xdoc.AppendChild(xdoc.CreateDocumentType("Config", null, null, "<!ELEMENT Config (S...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Does vector graphic imported into Publisher hold its original qual
I have made a lecture note for students in plant biology course. The document of this kind needs many vector graphic illustrations. I have created some graphics with Corel Draw and exported it as PNG files (the default file type of the "Export to Office" feature of Corel Draw). The PNG files have lower picture quality than the original file, making the illustration in Publisher unclear. I've known that professional page layout programs like Adobe Indesign can import the vector graphic in its original quality. But such program costs expensively and the important thing is t...

Select WMI objects and import into SQL
I have been trying to figure out how to import information collected from WMI objects from multiple servers and import directly into SQL table, not via csv's or anything. Does anyone have an example or instructions? -- PoShNoob I've used a technique where I convert a WMI object/collection (or any Powershell object) into an array of System.Data.DataTable (in memory ADO.NET) and then use the .NET 2.0 SqlBulkCopy class to load the in-memory object into a SQL table. The technique is described in an article I wrote for SQL Server Central: http://www.sqlservercentral.c...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Manually importing stock price history en masse into Money 2005
Hi, I have Money 2005 Deluxe (Didn't see any reason to upgrade to later versions, not much functional/features difference). I want to see how my investment portfolio did over a period of time (say 10 years). Since I installed Money in year 2005, I have all stock prices updates automatically since then (by using online stock price updates.) But I want to see performance before 2005 for historical and statistical purposes of my portfolio analysis. I can get all historical stock prices in Excel or text or in some other comma delimited format from MSN or Yahoo Finance (right from the ...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...