Control pasted/imported data to use only ODD or EVEN rows

I want to move data from access 2000 to excel
I want to paste or import.

May I tell excel to only accept one paste to use ODD rows,
the the second paste to use even rows?

I have spit data in access queries so I can use two
pastes,exports.
I have 5000 rows to do per paste. Maybe fifty columns
The data in each paste will have identical columns and
information.

example;
Joe, Smith, address, 1st car info (red blue black)
Joe, Smith, address, 2nd car info (red blue black)
Mary Poppins, address, 1st car info (red blue black)
Mary Poppins, address, 2nd car info (red blue black)

If you have a solution,
my email is john-corrigan@msn.com
0
anonymous (74722)

I haven't seen a follow up that gives you what you want so maybe you
can try two pastes then sort on one of the columns that is the same in
both queries?
If you don't want to reorder the records then try something like this:

Assuming AY is first open column, row 1 is labels, and column A holds
a value that is the same for records you want together, but different
in all cases you want seperated,
type 1 in AY2
In AY3>
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A4,A$2:A3,0)),INT(MAX(AY$2:AY3))+1,MATCH(A4,A$2:A3,0)+0.1)
Copy AY3 down then sort on Column AY

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:36:21 -0800, "john C"

>I want to move data from access 2000 to excel
>I want to paste or import.
>
>May I tell excel to only accept one paste to use ODD rows,
>the the second paste to use even rows?
>
>I have spit data in access queries so I can use two
>pastes,exports.
>I have 5000 rows to do per paste. Maybe fifty columns
>The data in each paste will have identical columns and
>information.
>
>example;
>Joe, Smith, address, 1st car info (red blue black)
>Joe, Smith, address, 2nd car info (red blue black)
>Mary Poppins, address, 1st car info (red blue black)
>Mary Poppins, address, 2nd car info (red blue black)
>
>If you have a solution,
>my email is john-corrigan@msn.com

Logic Control Pol Display Config
Hi I am trying to LCPD configer pole display. When do all the steps to configer it takes over se 100 pinpad I mean pin pad goes offline. Any Help Check for Port Conflicts Look in Device Manager and see what port each has been assigned. "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33E61630-086B-488C-9842-035E073C228D@microsoft.com... > Hi I am trying to LCPD configer pole display. When do all the steps to > configer it takes over se 100 pinpad I mean pin pad goes offline. Any Help On Jan 22, 7:54=A0pm, Ray <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Margin is out of page when open using Excel 2003
All my excel file which saved on Excel XP are out of order when open using Excel 2003. Please advise! ...

Data entry form
Hi, I wonder if there is possibility to make list field interactive, like when user put firs letter then form showing resluts where first letter = "user letter" ? Becouse I have over 800 records and it is very dificult for user to find the one is looking for. regards Peter Piotr This macro will do what you want. This is how it works. When the user puts a character, say c, in B1, the entire sheet will scroll automatically to put the first row that starts with a "c" at the top of the screen. Note that this is a sheet macro and must be placed in the sheet module ...

Adding Multiple Reports using SendObject
I need to send Multiple reports in a *.SNP Format. Can anyone guide me as to how this can be done? Thanks -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is ones ability to ask for Help. ...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

How do I show hidden column and row headings in excel?
How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? Excel displays only unhidden rows and columns, and their headings. But if you make the width or height small enough, it might still be possible to see the heading and not the data. However, this becomes more difficult as you move to column AB or row 101. "Mildred" <Mildred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D83F4B-289A-49A6-9057-23365EAFB300@microsoft.com... > How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? ...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

Using SQL in MS Access 2000
I am trying to run some SQL script in MS Access 2000 for creating query. But its not take 'IF' and 'ELSE' command. Can someone guide me that how can I use IF and Else in MS Access 2000. Kind Regards, Muhammad Hasnain Raja You can't use If and Else in Access SQL. However, the IIf function is the equivalent. IIf(expr, truepart, falsepart) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <mhraja@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185887004.782732.108410@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to run some SQL script in MS ...

Help! Can I store my files on a disk for future use?
Is it possible to store my messages on a disk and bring them up at a future time using the disk? If so, how can I store them. We are changing servers and I have to reduce the size of my files. Please respond ASAP. Thanks, Liz File > Import and Export > Export to a file File Type: Personal Folder File (.pst) Note, save this file to your hard drive and note the location. Once the file is completed, copy it to your other disk (probably a CD-R). -- Charles Kenyon Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (sup...

accessing outlook data using excel macro
Hey all, I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this: I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain "task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example), then update those outlook fields with new data. I was able to do it in an Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro. I get a "User defined type not defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as "Outlook.Namespace" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

file association using MFC
Hi there: I am in the process of leaning VC++ MFC. I have written a program wthat will display the complete path for the selected file name from open dialog box. Now I would like to associate my program to a file type.. lets say .jpeg files. When I double click on any .jpeg files I would like to have may program open and display the complete path. I know it has to do something with DDE. Can somebody point me to the right direction. Thanks for your help Biju Here is the code void CChildView::OnFileOpen() { static char BASED_CODE szFilter[] = "Image Files (*.jpeg, *.jpg, *....

2 Personal folders, using Contact Manager
Installation is Outlook 2003, installed from the Small Business Edition of Office 2003, also having Contact Manager installed. Seem to have, by default, 2 lots of "personal folders" which mirror each other in every way. A clue as to why, and what to do to remove the superfluous folder would be appreciated. Have tried removing the PST file, and starting Outlook so it created a new one, but the Personal Folder duplicate is still there. Tx2 <tx2newscollection@hotmail.com> wrote: > Seem to have, by default, 2 lots of "personal folders" which mirror > each ...

Changing the color of a Series Collection using visual basic?
I am trying to change the color of a Series Collection using visual basic. I have tried things like "Chart(1).SeriesCollection(2).Points.Interior.Color = 3" among many others, if you could give me any help I would appreciate it. Thanks Koreef, The examples below assume you are working with embedded charts: To change all of the series colors for all charts in a worksheet (edit out the markers if you don't want them): Sub LoopSeries() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim ser As Series For Each ws In Worksheets For Each ct In ws.ChartObjec...

Cut and paste from Excel to Powerpoint
Hi If I'm copying a table from Excel to Powerpoint, I usually use Paste Special, then select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) to give me flexibility to edit later in Powerpoint. However, I find that if my table has more than about 15 columns, the 'pasted' version is truncated. If I select another paste option (eg Bitmap), the whole table is pasted, but this naturally reduces the quality and flexibility of the output. Does anyone know how I can ensure that the whole table is pasted, whilst retaining Enhanced Metafile format? Many thanks, O. --- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

Need to insert x number of rows in a list of data

QIF Import limit?
Having suffered a file corruption (Money 2002), I've exported all my accounts as QIF and am importing them to a fresh Money file. All the accounts import OK except 2 of them, which are my longest-standing and most important ones. The import simply stops when it has imported approximately 400 transactions. It stops without the usual "import complete" dialog. It's totally repeatable for each account. The QIF files themselves look OK (the import stops about 1/3 of the way through). Does anyone know of any inherent limit on importing QIF files? The only solution I could think...

Charts to automatically include new rows
Hi, Is there an easy way to make a chart automatically include new rows a they are entered? I currently have a spreadsheet with three columns: A, B and C. Column A contains dates (i.e. the period, ex: June 2005) Column B and C contains figures for the period. Like so: Code ------------------- A B C March 2005 145 120 June 2005 99 102 ------------------- I have a column-chart displays these figures. But each time I add a ne row, i.e. July 2005 with figures, I have to manually update the sourc data. Is there an easier way to do this? Thanks -- madeq -------------------...

Using an IF statement, based on 2 COUNTIF results (I think)
I'm using Excel 2003 so I hope I'm not limited here. We are performing a space usage survey and I need to compile the data results. Each location has 70 entries over the course of 10 days. I have a column for "group work" where the value is either 1 or 0. I have another column for # of people observed in a particular office. What I'm trying to do is the following: Get a count of instances where "# of people" = 1 and "group work" = 0 I'm doing a lot of countif statements, but I don't see how to do a countif with an and operato...

automaticly copy data from one worksheet to another
I am trying to find out if there is a formula that will automaticly transfer a row of data to another worksheet in the active workbook once a certain cell is populated???? just in case this sounds confusing let me clearify.... i have a main spreadsheet that has data for 3 companies, I want to just put a "x" in a certain cell that will then make that entire row of data copy to the worksheet designated for that specific company.... PLEASE HELP!!!!! thanks in advance! Hi Emily, A formula cannot change the value of another it can *ONLY* return a value. For what you want, you would ...

Use IM to Generate payables batch from commissions
We are looking to use IM to generate a payables transaction from transferred commissions. We were a bit surprised that this isn't an essential part of GP. We dont have Payroll - would it do this automatically if we did? Anyway, has anyone done this with IM? If so have you a script you'd be willing to share? I'll PayPal you a beer for it! Thanks very much... David Buttrick Network Administrator Pohlman Reporting Company Actually I'm a bit suprised that GP doesn't do this as well, you'd think it would instead of just giving you a report and expecting you to then ...

Message auto defaulted to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor
I have a problem with Outlook defaulting the view to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! ...

Using the Calendar's "reminder" feature in Outlook
I would like to know if there is a way to configure my Outlook so that a calendar event that I have a reminder set for will activate the reminder even if Outlook isn't open. I normally use Outlook express, and find the Outlook program slow and cumbersome, not to mention, it doesn't have a newsreader, so I don't often have it open, and end up missing the reminders. If this is not possible, does anyone know of a good program that can be used to similiarily schedual events on a calendar, and be reminded of them at a prescribed time before the event, by some sort of noise, etc. Thank y...

Anyone using Web Add-ins?
I just want to see if anyone is using any web add-in programs? If you are could you please link me to your web site and tell me who's adding your using. We have a yahoo website and I just want to see how I can get it to work with RMS since thats one of the reason I bought. I really do not want to have to change the look and feel out our website I just want it to link to RMS but I open for suggestion from current web users. Our web site is www.cupolosports.com ...

Outlook 2003 Reminder for Past Appointments
This was a follow up on a previous post about reminders in outlook. I was looking for a way to turn off reminders for all items that I added prior to the current date and time (which was truely annoying). I could not find any setting that does this in outlook if you know of one please let me know! What I ended up doing is writing some code to turn them off when the appointment is added and I have listed it below for anyone else that is annoyed by this "feature". To use it just open outlook go to tools, macro, visual basic editor and paste the code in there. You will have to allo...