Control Of Horizontal Page Break

When clicking on 'View - Page Break Preview', I am able to drag the page
break to the right one column, so that all of the columns in my 'Print
Area' are printed on the first page.  Why is this so, and can I control
this from VBA?

Thanks for a response,
Chuckles123

--
Chuckles123
Chuckles123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14948

The way to control the number of pages that are printed is with the Page tab
of File, Page Setup.  In the Scaling section select Fit To and the number
wide and/or long to be used.  You can record a macro as you manually adjust
this setting to get the VB syntax.  Note that when you use Fit To Excel
ignores any manual page breaks you might have added.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Chuckles123" <Chuckles123.1g53c1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

| When clicking on 'View - Page Break Preview', I am able to drag the page
| break to the right one column, so that all of the columns in my 'Print
| Area' are printed on the first page.  Why is this so, and can I control
| this from VBA?
|
| Thanks for a response,
| Chuckles123
|

| --
| Chuckles123
| Chuckles123's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14948
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319474

0
jrrech (1933)
11/22/2004 10:00:28 PM
Jim,
Thanks. :)
I saw some code on another thread dealing with resetting all pag
breaks and then setting them according to specified cell locations.
I think I will try that.
Chuckles12

--
Chuckles12
Chuckles123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31947

Outlook 2003 running on Windows 2003 (as client) breaks after SP1
Have Exchange 2003 running on SBS2003 and has been running great for over a year. Many users use Outlook 2003 remotely using RPC over HTTPS with no problem. Then one user running Windows Server 2003 STD on a laptop (a client machine) applied the new SP1 and Outlook connection over HTTPS is now broken. The Outlook authentication request appears again and again - it is never satisfied. Tried running it as "outlook /rpcdiag" and don't get any additional information that is helpful. Just simply does not authenticate. Had Virtual PC running on the Windows 2003 machine so we tried usi...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

In Excel, how do I make the freezed pane area, print on each page.
I have a spreadsheet and I freezed the top part of the page like 4 lines, I want that section to always print, without having to cut and paste with page breaks. I have a few reports that do that, but i can't figure out how to do myself. Office 2000 File|page setup|Sheet tab| Click in the Rows to repeat at top. Point at your rows with your mouse. Jane wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet and I freezed the top part of the page like 4 lines, I > want that section to always print, without having to cut and paste with page > breaks. I have a few reports that do that, but i can'...

How do you create MASTER PAGE?
I am working in publisher 2000. I don't know how to create my master page and insert the page numbers that I need to make the book. Please email me with your reply. Thank you View, Background (ctrl+m). Create a text box on the background page. With your cursor in the text box, insert, page numbers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ministry4thesoul" <ministry4thesoul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC579C58-5F75-42C7-860C-3C78068B5358@microsoft.com... >I am working in publish...

PUBLISHER
Please use this space to ask you question. And make sure you give us all of the information you can, especially which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Murrayjones" <Murrayjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05C80DBE-0FF2-455E-93A9-5EE35E2F8D36@microsoft.com... > I am using Publisher 2000 and trying to insert numbering into a document with 10 tickets. Can you help? "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > Please use this space to ask you question. And make sure you give us all of > ...

Previewing and printing column headings for multiple pages in Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C68FA0.94B99F10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable To preview and print multiple pages with column headings on each page = the procedure is as follows; a.. click 'File' then select 'Page Setup...' b.. select 'Sheet' tab c.. place cursor in 'Rows to repeat at top:' field d.. and simply position cursor above the dialogue window until the = cursor changes to a right pointing arrow and click once on the first row = or ...

30-page newsletter suddenly changed!?
Am using Publisher 2003, have done many, many newsletters but never experienced this b4. Changed font from a previously used advt from earlier NL to another font, changed leading from 1.14 to 1 - and now ALL 30 pages have changed to franklin gothic demi, 1.14 spacing! Any suggestions, anyone, please as to how to return publication back to what it was. Have the horrible thought I am going to have to redo 3 days work of fonting/formatting/etc. Cheers Tranmere36 Create a font scheme to match what you had before. Apply to a text box, select the box, double-click the Painter tool, scroll th...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Simplify the Page Setup in 2007
I have been using Publisher for about 9 or 10 years and generally love it---however, I find 2007 setup to be very UNuser friendly. It used to be so very easy to change what I wanted to do---go from full page to post card--from landscape to protrait, etc. The new system is so cumbersome I get frustrated every time I have to use it!!! A simple thing like switching from portrait to landscape sometimes takes several minutes when it used to take 2 seconds....This doesn't make sense to me. I teach Publisher and it is very easy for me to explain how to do a page set up in the older ver...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

how do i insert a background on one page only?
HOW DO I INSERT A BACKGROUND COLOR ON ONE PAGE ONLY? What version Publisher are you using? In 2002-03, format, background. The background will be on one page only. If you are using older versions, don't put the background on the "Background Page", insert it on the publication page. Draw a rectangle to fit your page, fill, fill effects...send it to the back. Or, insert, picture, new drawing, expand the canvas to fit your page, draw a rectangle to fit, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the picture you want on the background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

MoneyCentral and MS Money 2004: Still Breaks...
FYI -- after plugging along almost a week with Money 04 without any sync errors using MoneyCentral's account syncing features (MSN Money accounts linked to MS Money accounts) I thought they'd fixed the bugs. Today I ran into the "there's been a sync problem, your data will be unavailable until this is fixed, possibly several days" error. Whatever the problem is, it doesn't ever resolve and the only way to fix it is to delete the MSN Money accounts and re-add them, relink them, and then re-accept all the transactions after the initial re-sync. I've given u...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

Controls coordinates
Hi everyone, Could somebody give me a simple example of getting a controls coordinates and then using them to put the control back where it was. So basicaly the control hasn't moved. Here's what I'm doing: m_cQuality.GetWindowRect(&qualityRC); ClientToScreen(&qualityRC); // int temp=qualityRC.Height(); // qualityRC.top=unyteRC.bottom-temp; // qualityRC.right=qualityRC.Width(); // qualityRC.left=0; // qualityRC.bottom=qualityRC.top+temp; // m_cQuality.MoveWindow(&qualityRC); m_cQuality.SetWindowPos(this, qualityRC.left, qualityRC.top, qualityRC.Width(), qualityRC.He...

Has anyone here created a control that controlled the content of other controls? I have my own custom ad control (for displaying space ads). I may have several on a page. What I'd like it to create another control that could determine how many instances of the first control existed on the current page, build a list of ads, and then set each control to show a particular ad. Is this practical? Suggestions? Thanks. Jonathan "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:uQ5stZRnKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Has anyone...