Continuous Formulas

I am working with dates, and I am wondering if there is a standard formula
that I can enter.  What I am looking to do is have 4 horizontal rows take one
formula and one block on the horizontal line to take another.  (The four I
want to add 90 days to the date and the one I want to add 270).  Please
help!!!
--
Buttaflye

--They say home is where the heart is; then I wonder, where is my heart?--
0
Kulakula (8)

Buttaflye,

Your question is a bit (or more) confusing. Could you post an example of
what you have, and what you want?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Kulakula" <Kulakula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am working with dates, and I am wondering if there is a standard formula
> that I can enter.  What I am looking to do is have 4 horizontal rows take
one
> formula and one block on the horizontal line to take another.  (The four I
> want to add 90 days to the date and the one I want to add 270).  Please
> help!!!
> --
> Buttaflye
>
> --They say home is where the heart is; then I wonder, where is my heart?--

0
Bernie
5/26/2005 5:06:58 PM
If A1= 7-Mar-05I want to put a formula in for A2, A3, and A4 to add 90 days;
this way I have a new date as soon as I hit enter.  I would like for this to
happen with B1-4,C1-4, and so on all the way to Y.  For A5 I am looking to
add 270 days; this I would like to do with all of the 5 colums as well.
--

"Barb R." wrote:

> Please clarify how you want this to look:
>
> Let's say you have
>
> A1 = 5/25/2005
>
> What do you want in A2, A3, A4, etc.?
>
> "Kulakula" wrote:
>
> > I am working with dates, and I am wondering if there is a standard formula
> > that I can enter.  What I am looking to do is have 4 horizontal rows take one
> > formula and one block on the horizontal line to take another.  (The four I
> > want to add 90 days to the date and the one I want to add 270).  Please
> > help!!!
> > --
> > Buttaflye
> >
> > --They say home is where the heart is; then I wonder, where is my heart?--
0
Kulakula (8)
5/26/2005 5:13:45 PM

"Kulakula" wrote:

> I am working with dates, and I am wondering if there is a standard formula
> that I can enter.  What I am looking to do is have 4 horizontal rows take one
> formula and one block on the horizontal line to take another.  (The four I
> want to add 90 days to the date and the one I want to add 270).  Please
> help!!!
> --
> Buttaflye
>
> --They say home is where the heart is; then I wonder, where is my heart?--
0
BarbR (262)
5/26/2005 5:18:04 PM
> I am working with dates, and I am wondering if there is a standard
> formula that I can enter.  What I am looking to do is have 4
> horizontal rows take one formula and one block on the horizontal line
> to take another.  (The four I want to add 90 days to the date and the
> one I want to add 270).  Please help!!!

It's helpful to realize that Excel stores a date internally as an integer
(starting 1/1/1900).

So to do what you want, just add 90 or 270 or whatever, then format the
result as a date.

Return Cell formula, not result
I want to return a cells formula string, not the result. Example: A B 1 =B1 20 If I reference cell A1, I want the following result "=B1" NOT "20" Thanks PS. What is the search syntax to search ALL words, not just any word. I tried searching the newsgroups but could not narrow the search. Robert, precede it with a single apostrophe '=B1 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Robert Randolph" <NOSPAAMMrob@KingdomSoftware.com> wrote in message news:00e101c36419$960473a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to return a cells formula string, not the re...

Formula for selecting a varying cell reference
I'm trying to tie 2 worksheets together. The first is a data entry sheet, set up by month. The second is a sheet that I want to pick up monthly data -- i.e., the most recent month of information entered on the data entry sheet. Is there a formula I can write in the monthly sheet that will look at the data entry sheet and go to the last monthly column that has data and retrieve that? I guess I'm thinking like a flowcharting yes/no process starting in December -- i.e.,: Is December blank? Yes -- go to November; No -- use this data -- etc., etc., etc. Any ideas? ...

Connector Continued ...... [WP]
Thank you for your response. Rich, I have changed the Scope Option to Organization as we only have 1 Routing Group and the IP address is in Sq. brackets as you mentioned. So you are telling me fo rinbound mail I have to create another SMTP connector but I am under the imprssion that the other organization has to create a connector at their end to send us mail????? Why do I need to create a rceiving connectro ... if yes, then please advise how do I create it to receive from this other company? Thank you. you might want to look at these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319267/en-us h...

Need Help with a formula
I am working in a form. I have a field called Visiting Date and a field called DOB and a field called Classroom. I am trying to come up with a formula in the Visiting date that will show if a Child's Classroom = Bumble Bears, the visiting date needs to tell me the date on his 15 months, when the Child's Classroom = Doodlebugs, the visiting date needs to tell me the date on his 33 months. I am looking for a formula to put into a bound text. Can anyone help me. I have such a hard time with IF statements. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! debbiep@ywcaofjamestown.com wrote:...

Screen updating and formulas
With Excel and VBA, as soon as you add a formula to a cell this updates the screen. Does anyone know a way around this? E.g.. with Application .Screenupdating = False .range("a1").Formula ="=sum(a2:a4)" .range("b1").Formula ="=sum(b2:b4)" In the example above the screen updates after adding in the formula to cell "A1" Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. "John" <jj@hotmail.com> wrote... >With Excel and VBA, as soon as you add a formula to a cell this updates the >screen. Does anyone know a way ar...

when displaying formulas, how to start a new line in the same cel.
In the displaying formulas mode, if the formula is too long, how to start a new line in the same cell so that the formulas can be printed in one page. (Alt + enter won't work in formula mode) Hi AFAIK the only thing you could do is copy the formula as 'Text' (e.g. put an apostrophe in front of the formula) and then use aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "EL" <EL@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ADE2051-6D82-439C-B65C-C9B7E0B9A925@microsoft.com... > In the displaying formulas mode, if the formula is too long, how to sta...

Trying to write a formula that changes which worksheet to used
I am trying to write a formula that uses a different worksheet in the current workbook depending on the value from a lookup result and/or the direct entry of a worksheet name in one cell. For instance, if my lookup result is November, I want to pull information from cells on the November worksheet, if December, information from the December worksheet, etc. This way, all I have to do is change the lookup value and/or the entry to get different results based on the appropriate worksheet. This is useful in repetitive activities using the same layout but different numbers. Any help would...

SQL: Summing By Date Continuously?
Two tables: tblPaymentAccrualDaily SecID PayDate PayAmount 003 01/01/2007 123.97 004 01/01/2007 4250.63 003 01/02/2007 123.43 003 01/03 2007 120.45 003 01/04/2007 119.20 003 01/05/2007 130.44 ...and so on for each and every day tblPaymentSchedule SecID PayDate 003 01/03/2007 003 02/03/2007 003 03/05/2007 003 04/03/2007 What I want to do is present, for a given SecID, the total daily accruals from tblPaymentSchedule.PayDate to the next (actually, the day after one PayDate to the next...

if statement formula
I want to create a cell that takes a total, and multplies it by 15%, however, if the 15% is less than twenty, I want the amount to be 20. I.E.-- subtotal is $95.00, so 15% would be $14.25. However I want the cell to show$20.00. I.E.-- sutotal is $300.00, so 15% would be $45.00. I want the cell to show the $45.00. Thank you If your total is in cell A1 then in B1 type =IF(A1*0.15<20,20,A1*0.15) Regards Rowan "Marlis" wrote: > I want to create a cell that takes a total, and multplies it by 15%, however, > if the 15% is less than twenty, I want the amount to be 20....

Help on formula
Greetings! I have the following columns: A. Cost B. Plan C. Additional D. Total $100.00 OTN $35 $135 OTN2 $40 $0 $150.00 OTN4 $25 $175 How can i get the TOTAL field to calculate Column A and C only when there is a value entered in Column A? In case you are wondering, the Additional Column (c) has assigned values, however I don't want a...

copying formula with worksheet name-need new formula to have another worksheet name
I want to be able copy a formula from b5 to b6 but have the worksheet name change, i.e.: I have 13 sheets in my workbook; the first sheet is called Summary which is where my formula presides. 2nd sheet,3rd sheet, etc. are called Sal Hrs_Jan10, Sal Hrs_Feb10, etc. My formula in b5 is =+'Sal Hrs_Jan10'!$C$15. I want b6 to say =+'Sal Hrs_Feb10'!$C$15 I want b7 to say =+'Sal Hrs_Mar10'!$C$15 Column a, cell a5 has Jan-10 (this is a date 1/1/2010 formatted as custom, mmm-yy). Can anyone help me??? Put this in B5: =3DINDIRECT("'Sal Hrs_"...

Formulas not showing
When I click Tools, Options, View, Formulas it doesn't show the formulas. Can it be disabled some where else? Richard, You don't say if the formulas are visible in the formula bar, or when in Edit Mode. One possibility is that the cell(s) are set to "Hidden" (Format - Cells, Protection), and the sheet is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect sheet). -- Regards from Virginia Beach, EarlK ------------------------------------------------------------- "Richard" <rlstyers@netzero.net> wrote in message news:01be01c35dec$9b769210$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When ...

Continuous Numbering
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C44BEC.83ED0450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How does one invoke continuous numbering when there has been a break and = the numbering starts over again? Word has a drop down menu for this, = but I can't figure out how to do so in Publisher. Bill ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C44BEC.83ED0450 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tr...

Transposing Formulas
Can anyone help me to transpose this decibel formula, DECIBEL = V1/V LOG20, If I know V1 and I know the decibel I need to work out V2 ... Thank -- John ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Johno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2857 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48241 A little algebra: V2 = V1/Decibel Log20 In article <Johno.1y0bky_1131165901.4599@excelforum-nospam.com>, Johno <Johno.1y0bky_1131165901.4599@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > Can anyone he...

how do I write a formula for?
I want to add e2 thru e7 and e10 thru e14 together into a separate cell and i just can't figure how to write the formula Terry Like this =SUM(E2:E7,E10:E14) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEAB3A99-51ED-4DB7-84B6-9F4C18824CF8@microsoft.com... >I want to add e2 thru e7 and e10 thru e14 together into a separate cell >and > i just can't figure how to write the formula Gosh Thaks Nick, I am no means a master and manage ...

Formula #42
I have a spreadsheet that has dates intact from 2004 How could I change the dates to show the same date for 2005. Example: Day Date Name Task Sat 11/3/2004 Joe Bloggs Sales Sat 18/3/2004 Ben Dunne Testing I would like the same sheet to show in column B which holds date, to show the Sat date exactly 1 year later 2005 If all dates are numeric dates and they are all 2004 dates, put 366 in a cell, copy it, select all dates <= Feb 29 2004 and do edit>paste special and select add, reformat as dates because you will probably get a serial number. Put...

Joining text with a formula in cell #2
Thanks, I'll try and explain a bit better If you want to show the result of a formula and text in the same cel you can use something like this =SUM(A1:A4)&"*". This will sum the A1:A4, show the result and put an asterix at the en of the number.(eg 22*) But the problem occurs when the sum has decimal points. If the forma is set to 2 decimal points but the sum is greater than 2 decimal point then it does not round it to 2. It shows as 22.444444444444444* when i should be 22.44* It is like the tip "Joining text with a linked date in Microsof Excel" -- Mustard Hea ---...

Can you insert formulas into tables in Publisher?
I'd like to insert a formula into a Publisher table like how it works for MS Word -- for example "=SUM(ABOVE)". Is it possible? gusfootball wrote: > I'd like to insert a formula into a Publisher table like how it works for MS > Word -- for example "=SUM(ABOVE)". Is it possible? No. You can if you insert an Excel spreadsheet (instead of a table) as an OLE object using Insert > Object. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Drag Down Formula Incorrect
I've got a long list of text data in column A, and am using the MID command to extract one bit of data from each which is then inserted into four columns (B-E) e.g. B9 =MID(A27,23,2) C9 =MID(A28,23,1) D9 =MID(A29,23,5) E9 =MID(A31,23,5) When I drag down B9, I want the formula to change by 20 (from A27 to A47). I have created 25 rows now, but the drag down still won't pick up the pattern of 20 between cells. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this? How about this =MID(INDEX($A:$A,ROW(A1)*20+6+COLUMN(A1)),2,2) -- HTH Bob "Disco3Stu" <Disc...

Why is it continuously contacting server
I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Ever since then, outlook is almost continuously contacting the server. It does this so often that i barely have time to delete messages or even read them. I ran diagnostics and nothing was found. It is running my limited download up to near 90% and I am getting notices from my ISP on this. How can I fix this? "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9703D30-571F-44FE-91D8-ED2CB6A2CC5D@microsoft.com... >I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Why? Uninstalling and re-install...

Formulas in Worksheets
How to save formulas on worksheets when creating new year sheet? CTRL + a to select all cells. F5>Special>Constants(tick the ones you want/don't want to select)>OK Edit>Clear>Contents. Formulas will remain ready for new data to be entered. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:19:02 -0800, "MusicMan" <MusicMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to save formulas on worksheets when creating new year sheet? ...

Continuous Form, Window Top Record Ordinal
On continuous view forms, there should be a form property that has the recordset ordinal of the top-most record currently displayed in the form’s window. For example, if a recordset contains 100 records and the CurrentRecord is 5 and the user scrolls down until the CurrentRecord disappears off the top of the screen, what is the recordset ordinal for the record that is now at the top of the window? Left clicking on the scrollbar slider will display “Record: x of y”, but there should be a property that contains the value of x for code purposes. Perhaps call it “WindowTopRecord...

How do I average a formula without calculating zero values?
I want to average a column, except for the cells that have zero as a value. How do I do this? Thanks! =AVERAGE(IF(rng<>0,rng)) which is an array formula so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter. -- HTH Bob Phillips "KMHarpe" <KMHarpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA83589C-D838-4A91-8703-40B48668DBD6@microsoft.com... > I want to average a column, except for the cells that have zero as a value. > How do I do this? > > Thanks! ...

Continuous subform
Our company has installation billing codes that are either primary or secondary. Every job must have 1 primary code, and may have 0, 1, or many secondary codes. I had originally set up the billing codes as a 'details' table, which displays in a subform on my frmWorkOrders. The control BillingCode uses a lookup which references a list of all billing codes, and the list has a yes/no to indicate which codes are primary. My question is this... Is it possible to have the subform only show primary codes originally, then once a primary code is chosen, subsequent records in the subfor...

Format when viewing formulas
I'm trying to get two prints of the same document: one showing absolute numbers and the other showing the formulas. When I'm pressing ctrl+~ to show functions for my 2nd print, the format is changing. The cells are getting too wide, so I end up getting only the left half of the document in print preview. How do I change the document to show functions with the format staying the same so I can print it??? Thanks. One way: Page Setup/Page/Fit to 1 page(s) wide. In article <D2EAE056-FC1E-4F40-BA48-974B191C4B8D@microsoft.com>, "bruno" <bruno@discussions.micro...