Contacts from Excel to Outlook

Every time I try to Import an excel spreadsheet, Outlook says "has no name
ranges. Excel to name the range of data you want to import." How do I make my
excel list which has my contacts and emails into a range or something outlook
can import?

See this page Ergg
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/importcontacts.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ergg" <Ergg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55EA7F5C-1D9F-45F1-BCEF-FD935507DFB9@microsoft.com...
> Every time I try to Import an excel spreadsheet, Outlook says "has no name
> ranges. Excel to name the range of data you want to import." How do I make my
> excel list which has my contacts and emails into a range or something outlook
> can import?
0
Ron

when import EXCEL to ACCESS, the date format excel column title changed...
when linking EXCEL to ACCESS, the date format excel column tilt changed in ACCESS table. For example: Excel column title : May-04,Jun-04,Jul-04.... changed to F09,F10,F11..... In ACCESS linked table Why and how can I keep the date tile as linked table fields name? Thank you.. Attachment filename: try.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57659 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are your Excel columns real date values (just formated as 'MMM-YY')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Outlook 2002 and Hotmail
I have configured Outlook 2002 (not Outlook Express), to use my Hotmail account. I do not have an Exchage server to connect thru. I can send e-mail to that account while in Outlook, however, I can not receive email from the account, while in Outlook. I referenced Microsoft KB article 287424, and still can not get the Hotmail to get delivered to the Hotmail in Outlook. any suggestions would be well appreciated ...

can't open excel file in Excel 2003
Dears I've a computer created a Excel 2000 file. Then I send to another computer using Excel 2003. However, I can't open the file in Excel 2003. It told me that the file is corrupted. But I can open the file in another Excel 2000. What's wrong?? Excel 2003 not compatible with Excel 2000?? Thanks Did you try File-->Open, then select the file, hit the Open dropdown button, and choose Repair? ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com Check out the NEWsgroup stats! Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com "helloworld" <helloworld@...> wrote in ...

Transferring Outlook Profiles
Concerning transferring Outlook accounts. I am currently re-imaging several shared workstations and hoping to simply transfer users Outlook profiles from the old pc’s to the new ones (rather than having to recreate 20+ profiles manually). I have already tried transferring the old C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder to the new workstations without success. Does anyone know if what I am attempting is even possible? My guess is it’s going to take more than simply copying a folder over to get these profiles transferred (if it can even be done). Than...

How do I add footnotes to an excel spreadsheet?
"J Osborne" <J Osborne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EB063EB-F2CB-46E4-9479-FD7C4DE34A3E@microsoft.com... >Nothing - Please write your question in the BODY of the post, not the subject. File-Page Setup-Headers and Footers Sorry. New to the boards. I'm trying to see if the auto numbered footnotes that are available on Word 2003 are also available on Excel 2003. But thanks for the answer. This will work in the short term. "Gordon" wrote: > "J Osborne" <J Osborne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Outlook compatibility with older Office versions
Our environment consists of Lotus Notes, Office 2000, and Windows 2000 with some XP. We would like to move to Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. We don't want to tie the migration to workstation OS or Office upgrades. Will Outlook work on the same machine as Office 2000? WIndows 2000? It will work on the same machine as Office 2000 but it requires Windows XP SP2 or later for the OS. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "GAZ" <gregzook@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187417988.013915.126510@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

After closing, Outlook remains in task bar, How did get rid of it
I have 4 profiles on my outlook. two weeks ago, whenever the first person logged on after a shutdown, an icon appears in the task bar. When outlook is subsequently closed, the icon remains. Any further attempt to open outlook, opens to the profile that was last opened. It should open to a window that allows a different profile to open outlook. Now the only way to switch profiles is to shutdown and reopen outlook. That profile is then the only one that can be opened until shutdown. Can anyone help!! You have a 3rd party application installed that is keeping Outlook open at ...

Displaying a GIF from a URL in Excel
Point your browser at http://ichart.yahoo.com/t?s=AMR You'll get a nice little 1 by 2 inch stock chart for AMR. The chart is actually a GIF. I want to set up a cell or cells in a spreadsheet so they fetch this chart from the web and display it. I've tried to make a Web Query do this. I fail, because it displays only a little gibberish, presumably because it does not understand that the URL result data is a GIF to be shown graphically. As far as I can tell, Web Queries are just not intended to do this. They are intended to scrape tabular data from URL's, not graphics. Is this cor...

excel question #8
This is very strange - I have a worksheet with several pages. Any of the pages that I choose - results in the same problem. As soon as I click on a field or on a different page, I get an arrow with a sheet of paper behind it. If I move out of the spreadsheet and into the menu area, I get the violator - what is going on?? The worksheet is not protected. Hi If it helps, you get this behaviour when you try to drag a sheet tab. Maybe you have a key 'stuck' down, or a dodgy mouse button? -- Andy. "lberrier@sealy.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

are excel 2003 and xp the same
I'm looking at online and evening classes for excel. Some of them mention Excel XP is required software to take the course. I have Excel 2003 installed on my home computer. Is 2003 considered the same as XP? Excel 2003 is newer than Excel xp, so anything you learn on xp you can use on 2003. The differences are minimal. I see no problem in taking a course on xp, while using 2003. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Ivan" <mr_jerky_maker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:122ts9qo5sds285@corp.supernews.com... > I'm looking at online and evening classes for excel...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

URL links in Outlook 2003 #2
I have a PC with two users setup. WinXP Home SP2, Outlook 2003, IE6 and Firefox 1.5.0.7. When clicking on an embedded email link in Outlook User A works fine and opens the proper web page. When User B does the same thing this error message pops up: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Makes no difference if IE6 or Firefox is set to the default browser. I've tried the suggestions in MSKB Q310049 with no success. I know of several other machines with the same software and no problems. ...

Is Excel this Intelligent ?
I would like to know if it is possible to do the following with the Excel product and if so how ? I want to hilight, change the colour or look of a result in a cell. The parameters are that the value calculated is above a certain value. Steven. Hi use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Steven Ridley" <resurgam@iprimus.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:618301c482a9$d2851f00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to kno...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

How can I get Outlook to connect to Novell?
I have a old Novell NetWare server. Probably about 10 - 15 years old. I don't know much about Novell. I have the client installed on the network properties. I can get to the Novell shares. I just don't know how to get the email out. They use GroupWise and are moving to Outlook 2003. I don't know how to connect Outlook 2003 to the GroupWise mail server. It doesn't use IP Addresses does it? It has an IPX number, but I'm not sure what to do. Any guidance is appreciated. See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/enterprise.htm#groupwise &l...

Excel XML Time format & arithmetic
Hi all, I have an Excel Xml file and I want to perform a Sum operation with time format cells. If I set [h]:mm format to the cells ¡, I can see the next right values: 8:25 8:30 25:25 42:20 (SUM) When I save the file as Excel XML 2003, I have this: <Styles> <Style ss:ID="s64"> <NumberFormat ss:Format="[h]:mm"/> </Style> </Styles> <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0"> <Cell ss:Index="2" ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="DateTime">1899-12-31T08:25:00.000</Data></Ce...

how to make text bold in excel using a formula?
How can convert text to bold wihtout using a formula. I dont want to click Bold button, would rather do it using a formula. The main problem is we are importing data to excel file from a text file with a delimiter. We need the first row to be bold. How can we achieve bold thing without manual modification. Hi use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this "Raja Vadlamudi" wrote: > How can convert text to bold wihtout using a formula. I dont want to click > Bold button, would rather do it using a formula. > The main problem is we are importing data to excel file fr...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Macro Not Loading XLSART excel
I have created a macro and placed into the xlstart folder and the macro will load at first. At some point, the macro stops loading, yet the macro is still in the xlstart folder. Any thoughts? S Macros don't load from the XLSTART folder. Workbooks load from the XLSTART folder. The macro must be in workbook. Is your macro stored in a file named Personal.xls or in another workbook? Is the macro in a general module or Thisworkbook module or Worksheet module. Show us your macro code. More information please. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 May 2004 15:05:49 -0700, "S Crowel...

Exchange + outlook VS Lotus notes
Hi everybody, I am currently working with an organization which is checking two options for calendar based applications. On this project i'm trying to help the organization decide on whether to choose each of the alternatives where on the Lotus notes, the organization has its own people who are running proof of concepts and so on, and i am running the exchange and outlook application based proof of concepts. Its an organization which has about 2500 clients... As for now i must say, that exchange and outlook appear to be a VERY VERY hard to handle environment. One of the POC processes a...

Outlook 2007 display scrambled
Ever since I switched over to Vista and Outlook 2007 if I leave Outlook up and running overnight 99.9% of the time the display gets scrambled and I have to <ATL> <F4> to close it. Most of the graphic elements disappear and the text elements get pushed up to the left of the window (i.e. the list of items in my inbox). It's like all of it's internal mechanisms for measurement go berzerk. After closing and reopening it is fine except for the fact that it complains that the data file was shut down dirty and thay it has to perform a check. I never have any problems with ...