consolidating data in a row based on a single identifier

I have a spreadsheet with the following headings:

Song #       Song Title      Artist      Genre

I would like to be able to have all of the data in any row associated with
the Genre name post to a preset sheet within the workbook.  Can anyone help
me with this?  I assume a masro will work but I'm a novice at Macro writing.
--
John

Provide some sample data and describe about your query in breif.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"John" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet with the following headings:
>
> Song #       Song Title      Artist      Genre
>
> I would like to be able to have all of the data in any row associated with
> the Genre name post to a preset sheet within the workbook.  Can anyone help
> me with this?  I assume a masro will work but I'm a novice at Macro writing.
> --
> John

Summary of Data from a Range
I have a range of data, which is a weekly sports picking competition at work. Basically on the left it has the event, and along the top it has my work colleagues names. The sports picks are in the range and are in the form of validation lists. What i would like to do is create an automated summary of who picked what at the close of each week, which i can email out to the guys in the competiton - i.e: Event 1: New York Mets: persons a, b, c, d and l , Cleveland: e, f, g, h, i, j and m I have 8 events per week, with a number of options per event, thus it is not easy or quick to just ma...

howto setup SMTP Connectors to single/multiple smarthosts?
Have multiple W2K user machine (minimum SP4) and Outlook 2003 (SP1) that connects to a new SBS 2003 (SP1). All e-mail is via "smarthost". Attempting to set Exchange up to initially send (SMTP) to a smarthost that requires a different "Outbound Security" setting for each email user. Later, want to be able to send to any smarthost based on the email that the user set up (different smarthost/name/password). Currently have POP3 Connector bringing in the mail from multiple smarthosts/name/password just fine. The SMTP Virtual Server has no "Smart Host" or &quo...

Add a row with formula
I want a new row be created under the one I'mworking on, with the same formula as the one above (same formula for all rows). So everytime I enter text to the last row in the sheet, a new row with formula will be created under it. BTW I'm total newbie.. so please.. be gentle :) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Manually, you could just copy that last row and paste it below the last row. Then wipe out the constants in that new row. Select the r...

Consolidating Personal Folders
I have somehow opened up 4 personal folders. How do I consolidate all of them into one personal folder and merge all the information. Next, how do I delete the other personal folders? I've read through a couple of books but I can't find the information. Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks MikeSellers Move the contents of the folders to the folder that you want to keep. You can disconnect from the other pst-files by rightclicking the root folder and choose Close. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook I...

I want to show chart data in order of bars, not row names
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to show a chart that has about 20 values, and I have sorted the source data so that I have the highest value items at the top and the lowest value items at the bottom. For example, if rows were Apple, Banana, Guava, Orange, and Yucca, I have sorted the data in order of the greatest value items (20 Guavas, 10 Oranges, 5 yucca, 2 bananas, and 1 apple). Yet the chart (a bar chart) only seems to let me display in either ascending or descending value by food name (either Apple to Yucca or Yucca to Apple...

how to globally change souce data on plot
I have a x-y scatter chart with about 40 individual lines originating from individual spreadsheet tab for each line. I need to clone this chart multiple times, changing only the column references for the x and y parameters. To accomplish this I currently go to "chart," "source data" and manually change the x and y references for each line. Is there a way to globally change the cell references for all line on the chart? This web page describes a technique to change series formulas en masse: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html It provides a link t...

[Excel] How do I change the default import external data settings.
I need to change the default settings for importing .csv files into Excel so that I don't have to change the settings every time I do the action. Is this possible? Many thanks to anyone who can help me!!! Maybe you could rename the .csv file to .txt and record a macro when you do it once. Then just rerun that macro the next time you need to import that file. (Keep recording while you add headers/footers/filters/etc and make it really useful.) djr wrote: > > I need to change the default settings for importing .csv files into Excel so > that I don't have to change the se...

Data Query
I would like to create a query. .. ie. NFL sched for 2005. on the 1st sheet that pulls individual team info from the 2nd sheet. So I will input a team, and have the query search through a range located in two columns on the 2nd sheet. The info in the first column, 2nd sheet, is date (not necessarily in order). the second will contain info re events on that date. One of two column headings on 2nd sheet will allow me to specify the query subject (ie.ny giants) as the range identifier.. So really, my problem is, setting up the correct query, (dependant range) - then have it displayed in ...

Data retrieval in a Matrix
As usual, I really want to thank everyone who did help on my VB code. I today come with new problems that did arise while developing and I have a few brand new questions unfortunately ... I need to create a matrix of prices on Sheets("Matrix"). In other words, I want to input a Price at the intersection of a product (products are on lines) for a given month (months are in columns). It will be more or less like a Pivot Table at the exception I will interpolate the missing data for a given month. References of the products are thus sorted on lines, dates on columns of the Matrix Shee...

Lowest 5 numbers in data base column
I am working with a data base where I compute a golf handicap based o each individual's lowest 5 scores from the last eight rounds played. The data are arranged in columns showing date played and score posted. Not all dates have a score for each person. Can someone provide method for determining handicap based only on the lowest 5 rounds -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This formula adds up the lowest 5 scores =SUM(SMALL(A1:M1,{1,2,3,4,5})) should get you started -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the...

Excel 2003 Professional Edition - Exporting XML Data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4D204.7A9B0B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have optional elements in my schema. Presently, if the cells mapped = to the attributes of the optional elements are left blank, the elements = are written with "0" as the attribute (see example below). However, I = want the optional elements ("Element1" and "Element2" in the example = below) to be omitted from the exported XML file. For example I get ... <Properti...

Display multiple data
Hi! I work as a paramedic, and one of my many task is to register all our activities. I use a excel sheet to collect all data.As we are many people working there, this must be simple.We put all information for one year in one page, may be 4-500 items, each with 25-35 data. No my problem: I need a way to find all info for one month or employed,and create a new list with these . My dream: I write employed number 245 in cell B6, and the all his data displayes underneath.... (excuse my bad english...) Hi Morgan If you install my Filter Add-in it is very simple to filter in place or copy ...

Data Lables, in chart go away when reopening
I've got a pivot table with the sales reps name in the row, month sold in the column and for different sales figure "sums" in the data. I've created a standard column chart to compare these 4 different "sums" (which become my category axis), by rep for a given month and even though I format the data series to have data labels (value or $), everytime I close and reopen my workbook the data lables are gone. Is there anyway to make these lables stay so when I reopen my workbook they are still there? ...

consolidate queries
I have many too many queries, which I use to gather data for a report. I hope someone can suggest how to consolidate them. For example, 8 of my queries are of the exact same form, except the value of one field is one of 8 possibilities. Here is the SQL for the qCUS query: SELECT q1Main.DReferred, q1Main.CaseType FROM q1Main WHERE (((q1Main.DReferred)>=[Forms]![fgetStats]![tbxBegDate] And (q1Main.DReferred)<=[Forms]![fgetStats]![tbxEndDate]) AND ((q1Main.CaseType)="CUS")); The only difference between the 8 queries is that in the qCUS query, CaseType = "...

Hide the tab with the data associated with a chart
I would like to forward a file with charts however I do not want to include the tabs that have the data. If I delete the worksheet with the data I lose my chart information. Any ideas or solutions without cutting a pasting the chart to a word document Two ideas: 1. You could copy and paste the image. 2. Change the font color for the data so that it's white on white On Aug 1, 11:14 am, Irene OL <Irene O...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to forward a file with charts however I do not want to include > the tabs that have the data. If I delete the w...

Repeat Data from Cell Above #2
Thank you for your input; it worked wonderfully!. Dheera -- Dheeraj_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dheeraj_S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1584 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27332 ...

Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down.
I enter data across 24 (A - X) columns in the same row. I then return to column A, to enter data across the same 24 columns one row beneath the completed row. How can I have Excel return to colume A and move down 1 row automatically after I have entered data in the last (column X) column? Thanks for any help. -- Dewayne If you select your range first (say A2:X99), then you could just hit enter (or hit the tab key) to go across (and then down). To make the enter key work, turn: tools|options|edit tab|change move selection after enter to right (or turn it off) Dewayne wrote: > >...

Access CRM data for outside the network
Hello All, I would like to know if it is possible to access my CRM data outside of my network (via a web page NOT VPN). I would like customers an other consultants that work for me to have access to the data from anywhere any time with the proper credentials of course. I attempted to configure all unassigned IP's in IIS but I was unable to access it externally. I am using CRM 3.0 on a SBS 2003 Server (plain vanilla configuration). Any Ideas or how to's on this? Please and Thank you, Be Blessed KB There are few options regarding this. 1. View webpage, you have to make it ...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

Rules based attachment printing
Is there any way we can specify to print the attchments also with the email while setting up a rule for autoprint? ...

All data is converted to #####. Why?
I was using an Excel spreadsheet just fine until I hit a few keys (I'm not sure what). Now, when I type in any data, as soon as I click in another area, the data is converted to #####. Is this an option I can turn off? Thanks. Make your column wider. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "preen514" wrote: > I was using an Excel spreadsheet just fine until I hit a few keys (I'm not > sure what). Now, when I type in any data, as soon as I click in another area, > the data is converted to #####. Is ...

how do I sort a worksheet based on one column?
how do I sort a worksheet based on one column? How di I input a - into a text field Select all columns then Data>Sort. Choose the column to sort on. To input a - into a text field, F2 to edit, move the insertion point to where you want the - and hit the - key. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:35:01 -0700, chipster <chipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I sort a worksheet based on one column? > >How di I input a - into a text field > ...

Excel data and charts
I needed to know the values of Column C using the y hat equation, so I put in {value of a}+{value of B}*A#(data in the a columns). When I inserted a scatterplot there was only one value plotted. I do I get Excel to calculate the function in Column C and graph the data? Make sure it's an XY chart, not a line chart (you can format it to show lines if you want). Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab. Click in Y Values box and select the data in column C. Click in X Values box and select the data in column A. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Sol...

Forms and passing data
Hi. I have a form that has a button on it that opens another form, which you can then add data about the first form...for example... A form that pulls information from the Company table the button opens A form that pulls information from the contact table *specifically* for that company The company name is NOT repeated in the second form, but it is there in an invisible field. My question is, when I want to add a new contact for the company and I use this form, it is not automatically putting in the company name. Is there a way for me to automatically pass this information on to new e...

Data Consolidation
Biff: Thanks so much for your input on the automation. After a small bit of tweaking, your formula worked like a charm. Now that I have the correlation multi-year table comparison automated, I would like to consolidate each commodities multi-year correlation into an overall correlation set. What I have now is five sets of correlation rows/commodity (representing the five historical data sets) which look like the following: Australian Dollar (AD) Correlations ============================== 1yr: C S PN SI SM 5yr: BO BP CD DX EU GC S SF SM 10yr: DX EU GC MP SF SI W 15yr: DX TU SP MP 20yr: CC G...