Connecting multiple IF statements into one formula

I am trying to create a formula using multiple IF statements.  Individually
they all work but I don't know how to connect them in into one formula.
Basically, 4 possible date ranges that would each produce a different text
value.  Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jan"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Mar")),"Spring
Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Apr"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Jun")),"Summer
Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jul"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Sep")),"Fall
Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Oct"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Dec")),"Holiday
Assortment")

Hi,

"KMBOhio" wrote:

> I am trying to create a formula using multiple IF statements.  Individually
> they all work but I don't know how to connect them in into one formula.
> Basically, 4 possible date ranges that would each produce a different text
> value.  Any suggestions?
>
> =IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jan"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Mar")),"Spring
> Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Apr"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Jun")),"Summer
> Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jul"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Sep")),"Fall
> Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Oct"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Dec")),"Holiday
> Assortment")

Try this...

=IF(COUNT(I1),LOOKUP(MONTH(I1),{1;4;7;10},
{"Spring";"Summer";"Fall";"Holiday"})&" Assortment","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KMBOhio" <KMBOhio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a formula using multiple IF statements.  Individually
> they all work but I don't know how to connect them in into one formula.
> Basically, 4 possible date ranges that would each produce a different text
> value.  Any suggestions?
>
> =IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jan"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Mar")),"Spring
> Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Apr"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Jun")),"Summer
> Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jul"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Sep")),"Fall
> Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Oct"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Dec")),"Holiday
> Assortment")

Managing multiple mailboxes
Hello everyone. I'm curious to know if anyone has managed to set this up in their environment(s). Currently, we have a user that manages two mailboxes, his own and a group mailbox. His daily tasks include checking the incoming messages from the group mailbox and responding to them. What he's been finding is if he responds to any emails within the group mailbox, and chooses to send FROM the group mailbox, when the message is sent Outlook drops the message into his personal mailbox, rather than the group mailbox. Normally this would be okay, but since this same mailbox is manag...

Multiple Choice
I am working on a school project with my daughter... we are creating a Database that will give you a test based on the questions and answers that we will load into the DB. I have already figured out how to pull the answers onto the subform in random, so that the correct answer is not always in the first slot- what I would like to add to the query is a way to add an "A - B - C - D" to each of the answers every time the query is generated, so that we can select from the multiple choice answer... Here is the query: SELECT TOP 4 Rndnum([id]) AS Shuffle, Rnd(Len([ID])) ...

Copy files from one directory to another...
Is there some simple code to copy files from one directory to another? Basically what I want to do is create a little app for my wife so she can plug her digital camera in to the computer, double click an icon on the desktop, the app runs and copies all the image files from the camera to a directory on her computer, then deletes the images off the camera. I do know the directory names for both the camera and the destination. But I won't know the names of the files. Please help. Thanks, Fred One thing I left out, the camera's memory stick comes acts just like a drive on the comput...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

How do I print out more than one coupon in publisher? #2
I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per page. My coupon has a front and backside. Hope can help. Are you asking how to print a two sided coupon or how to put more than one coupon on a page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tcmb" <tcmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50A2C74-B5F5-4A55-8D15-325F9A401663@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per > page. My coupon has a front and backside. > Hope can help. Determine the size of your coupon,...

Strange formula popping up
Hello. I have a problem in excel 2003. My SS has lots and lots o figures on it. I used format with no $ , 2 decimals, and chose (1234 56). However every time I try to enter an amount in the minus in an cell it comes out strange. For instance say I want to enter (250.00). It does this: - 250.F8 (or any other cell ). and then jumps to the cel next to it and does the little flashing 'outline the cell' thingy. tried deleting and clearing all the formulas and then reformatting bu it keeps doing it. Amounts in the black come out just fine such a 1234.56. It only does it in a cell with ...

multiple message limit???
Hello Is it possible to send unlimited "cc" or "bc" E mails? I have a mailing list of over 1000 and outlook express only lets me send about 100 or so at a time? Can I copy my whole mailing list in one E mail?? PLEASE HELP!!! thanks Darren 1. This is an Outlook group, not Outlook Express. Next time, post in the group designed to support your application - they can be found under Internet Explorer headings. 2. Limits on the number of recipients is set by your ISP - many are setting them pretty low (less than 500 and a max number of messages per day) to limit/...

Excel Formulas #3
I have a sheet that tracks time alotted for work schedule over several Months. I need to force any formulas that return a Saturday or Sunday, to Monday. With your date or formula in A1: =A1+(WEEKDAY(A1)=7)*2+(WEEKDAY(A1)=1) will change Saturday or Snday to the following Monday. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200820 "LH4045" wrote: > I have a sheet that tracks time alotted for work schedule over several Months. > > I need to force any formulas that return a Saturday or Sunday, to Monday. Same length, but saves a multiplication operation... =A1+(WEEKDAY(A1,2)>...

Print one jumbo postcard at a time, not 2 per page
I am printing on jumbo postcards that are already cut, so I need to print just one card at a time, beginning at the top margin. The only format option I can find for one per page is printing the card on the CENTER vertical half of the page, out of the middle of a sheet. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks! Tricia It's much easier to forget about special formats/templates/wizards for this type of printing. I use this quick and dirty method. Use a blank page and either copy the existing postcard to that page or create it from scratch. On the screen, position the postcard so ...

FRx statements exported to one Excel workbook
Clients would like to export chained FRx reports to export to one Excel workbook for easier e-mailing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5c667c48-735e-42b4-99...

New Exchange Server from an Old One
I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server. I am building a VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping to just move all of the mailboxes and what not to the new server. Is there a easy way to do this? If so, what are the steps? Move all the user mailboxes with movemailbox, then: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309A5FA3-AE27-4C88-AB81-68E14EAA6063@microsoft.com... >I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server. I am building a > VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping ...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IF formula and whole numbers
With regards to an 'IF' formula, how do i get it to reconise whole numbers only. For example, if the result was either 1,2,3,4,5,6.... the answer would be true but if the result was either 1.5,2.7,3.2 etc and not a whole number, then the answer would be false. i can get it to recognise a single whole number but not multiple whole numbers. I know there is a very simple answer to this but i am new to this game. Many Thanks James -- jdmagoo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jdmagoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

How Do I Delete one of two personal folders listed in Outlook
Hi, in my folders list I have two sets of personal folders. I want delete one folder. How Do I Delete one of two personal folders listed in Outlook Later, Ray That would depend on your Outlook version and what you did to acquire two sets of folders. As long as you haven't corrupted your profile, just R click and close the non-default folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "roadracer" <roadracer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F189F38-EEB4-4335-BE19-32506532FFEE@microsoft.com... > Hi, in my folders list I have two sets of personal folders. I wan...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Importing data from multiple sources
I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? -- Ted in Chicago You could import the data from the two sources, creating a table for each. Then, you can create a query that compares the data in the tables. "TedChicago" wrote: > I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare > the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? > -- > Ted in Chicago .... and as an alternative, you may be able to link to, rather than import, the data. You could ...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...