Confine results of web query to one cell

How do you confine the results of a web query to one cell in Excel 2004?

Under Excel 2004 a web query always seems to use up two cells in a given
column no matter what data range properties I set. I never had a problem with
this in Excel 2000.

Security problems in web-services
Hi all I have wrote win aplication(client) which call method in web-service in another machine. It work then I run it in localhost, but if I change web-reference from "localhost" to my IP and bring my application to another machine and run it write "security error, use system.net.WebPermission to grant access...". Can you help me and say how resolve this problem Alex Show something that is 3 seconds of value, monkey. "alexmsu" <Alexmsu@mail.ru> wrote in message news:C507E498-FDA0-4F76-B433-85F0F05BCC94@microsoft.com... > Hi all. > I have wrote w...

Can't assign macro to autoshape on one computer, but it works on the other.
On both computers: 1) I've inserted an autoshape into my spreadsheet. (Insert Picture Autoshapes Heart) 2) I want to assign a macro to it. So, I right-click it. One the "Bad" computer nothing happens. On the "Good" computer a pop-up/ short-cut window appears with an "assign macro..." option. I've compared the settings on the two computers, yet I can't figure out what I need to do to be able to assign a macro to an autoshape on the "bad" computer. Any ideas?? Thanks, Jim naughty, naughty computer :) have you put text in your heart? ...

When dividing by 0 can i show a result of 0 instead of #DIV/0
I have a formula that divides the quantity in one cell by the quantity in another cell to give me a result in a third cell. It's designed to give me labor rates. The problem is if I have a particular item I don't need the rate for it I type in 0. That give's me a#DIV/0 result. Is there a condition I can use if my labor rate is 0 to return 0 as the result. The #div/0 screws up all the other quantities I need. hi use the iserror to test of the error. =IF(ISERROR(B3/C3),0,B3/C3) adjust the cell reference to suit your data. Regards FSt1 "daviddm" wrote...

Problem with Query
SQL2008 I am trying to get the following query to work Declare @FileName varchar(max) Declare @FullPath varchar(max) Declare @Licence varchar(6) Declare @LedgerKey uniqueidentifier Declare @ReportType varchar(25) Declare @Date varchar(10) Declare @Count Int Declare @FileValue Money Declare @TEST Varchar(max) SET @TEST = ' INSERT INTO [Table1] ([Licence] ,[LedgerKey] ,[ReportType] ,[CreatedDate] ,[ViewedDate] ,[Viewer] ,[ReportFileName] ,[TransCount] ,[FileValue...

Trying to Siplify a Query in MS Access 2003
I am a real Novice to MS Access 2003. I am trying to create a query to populate a form to be used as a subform in another form. I have created the form that use a table view of the a table. But would like to be able to use text boxes to view the data. I do not know if I should change the table designs that I am currently using. Here is what I have. 1. t_Contacts Table: ContactTabID (Autonumber) ContactID (Text value) FirstName (Text value) LastName (Text value) Birthdate (Date/Time value) ContactTabID ContactID FirstName LastName Birthdate 001 DonDuck ...

How to confine a toolbar?
I have a splitted window with two seperate views, a right one and a left one, and a horizontal bar at the bottom. Now I want to confine the bar with in the right view -- to make the bar's left side on the splitter's right side, if you've ever used Flash or Dreamweaver, just like the property bar. Dose anybody have any idea? Thanks ahead! Make sure the view you want to contain the bar to is the bar's parent. HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "picalilii" <jiaji_wang@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in mes...

Web publishing a spreadsheet
I have saved a workbook as an Web htm that is now on my hardrive as C:/documents and settings/workbook.htm. What do I send to others to view this workbook and can I see their updates??? -- lcannon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lcannon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24253 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381411 you use a database and something other than Excel lol L, You send them the file you saved. They'll need Excel, since they're going to update it....

Query General
Hi. I have two tables Table1 Name Serial Date John 01-01-2010 Tony 11-02-2010 Table2 Name Serial Date John 05-04-2009 John 06-08-2009 John 01-01-2010 Tony 11-02-2010 Tony 11-02-2010 I want is to assign the serial against each name starting from 1 in table2 according to date in ascending order and the max serial should be assigned against each name in Table1 i.e.. Table1 Name Serial Date John 3 01-01-2010 Tony 2 11-02-2010 Table2 Name Serial Date John 1 5-4-2009 John 2 6-8-2009 John 3 1-1-2010 Tony 1 11-2-2010 To...

Comparing values in a cell and looping
I'm somewhat inexperienced at programming - just learning, but here is what I would like to do. I have a spreadsheet and in the first column I have different department numbers. I have sorted by department number so all number that are the same are together. I would like to start out at cell (A6) and get the value of the cell and the row number. I would then like to move to the next cell down and determine if the value is the same as the previous cell or blank. I would continue down the cells until the value in the tested cell is different from the previous cell or cel...

Format all cells containing formulas
I'd like all cells which contain calculated values to show up in different color (or some other formatting change). I know I can toggl formula fields to be visible and manually update each one individually but I'd ideally like something that automatically formats new formul cells (and even applies to new .XLSs and worksheets). Seems like a obvious thing to want to do, but haven't found this anywhere in th UI. A usable fallback option would be a macro to search the worksheet an apply (eg) Red Bold to every cell containing a formula. Any pointers? Thanks, - -- Message posted fr...

how do I put these 2 queries into 1 ??
What I would like is 1 query that displays the columns Area , CountofArea, CountofArea2. I tried using the design query but it put a LEFT JOIN on the whole first statement which gave me some crazy numbers. The first query is: SELECT Area.Area, Count(InspectionsDI.Area) AS CountOfArea FROM Area LEFT JOIN InspectionsDI ON Area.Area = InspectionsDI.Area GROUP BY Area.Area, Area.ID HAVING (((Area.Area)<>"" And (Area.Area)<>"ALL")) ORDER BY Area.ID; and then second query is: SELECT Area.Area, Count(Inspections.Area) AS CountOfArea2 FROM Area LEFT JO...

can somebody explain in a understandable way this result
Hello! Can somebody explain why I get 1.0000000149011612 when doing this expression calculation ? double d = 0.2f + 0.2f + 0.2f + 0.2f + 0.2f; I know how to fix it that is not the question is about. I now that a double have more then double as many significant number then a float but can't still understand the result. If I instead change the type of d to float I get the expected result of 1.0. I can also change the type of 0.2 to a double which also give the correct result of 1.0 //Tony On 2010-01-20, Tony Johansson <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote: >...

Usign right in an Access Query
Hi, I have a field called [add1] and a field called [postcode]. sample of the data in [Add1] Crown Cottage C***n St R*** GT9 4RG 17 Rd Col****rth G****** GT3 5EW 104 High Street ***** PT1 4YE 104 High St ***** PT1 3WQ Ok so i have like 2000 records like this. I wanted to just use a simple update query to update the field postcode to equal ..... Right([Add1], 7) Whenever I use Right, len, left or sanything like that I get a "Compile error. in query expression 'Right([add1], 7)'" I am using Access 2003 and have tried it on 2 different computers, the reason i sya this is...

Confine Cell to Proper Case
Is there a way to confine a cell for Proper Case without invoking a macro? i.e. If I type "enter account number" in cell A1, cell A1 (not any other cell) should automatically change to "Enter Account Number" without running a macro. Thanks. Igbert You can not change the input to become proper case but you can set another cell to return the input in proper case. So if you input cell is A1 then in B1 add the formula =Proper(A1). Otherwise you can add a custom validation that would require the user to enter the value in proper case but the users may no...

How to show all tasks on one page in PWA
How to show all tasks on one page I have a team member who is assigned more then 100 tasks and he wants to show them all on one page in vertical scrolling... how can i achieve this...i tried increasing the pixel in web part to certain height but it only increases the white area not the actual tasks and takss appears on 3 pages .... please help the view is My assignments - My tasks. Hi Imram, Is 'Show Only Current Tasks' activated and 'Expand All' deactivated? That can shorten a long list. You can’t change the web part in the way you want to, I am afra...

Skipping Blank Cells
I am looking for a formula that will skip blank cells and put the nex cell with data where the blank cells are. Example: If I have info in A1, A2, and A6, I would like it to skip A3-4-5 an now A6's data will be in A3. Hope I didn't confuse anyone....very important that I figure this on out. Thanks for taking the time to try and hel -- Coltsfa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Coltsfan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1998 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47561 ...

Hiding an error result if error
If I have a cell with a function and if certain information is no present yet then it will return a N/A. I want to leave the function i place but would not want the N/A to show but if a real result is presen then it will show. How can I do this? (Without an If statement an ISERROR. Crushe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi - select the cell (lets assume B2) - goto 'format - Conditional format' - enter the formula =ISERROR(B2) - choose a white font color -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > If I have a cell with a function and if certain information...

No Results with Clip Art
Is anyone having problems getting results in clip art. I was getting results until I updated. Now, everytime a "no results" comes up. However, I can search clip art by going the webpage. Thanks for any advice. Are you using Pub 2003? Are you online when you search? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "AngieProut" <AngieProut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E921DAE-C2CE-4D9C-A32E-3688C27EB231@microsoft.com... > Is anyone having problems getting results in clip art. I was getting > results > until I updated. Now, everytim...

update query based on presence of record
HI,a table has customer info with a status field for active/inactive. i need to make an update query which will set the status as active if the customer id is present in the order table in the last one year. and set it to inactive when there is no record in the orders table for a year.any suggestions on how i could do this query?thanksramesh update customer_info set status=-1*c from customer_info a join (select b1.costumer_id,count(a1.costumer_id) as c from orders a1 right join customer_info b1 on a1.customer_id=b1.costumer_id group by b1.customer_id where xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) b on a.customer_i...

If statement result appearing in different colors
Is there a way to write an IF statement where the text will change color depending on the result? eg =if(x=0,"RED-colored text","BLACK-colored text") where 'RED-colored text' would appear in RED, etc Thank You! WayneD Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting. WGD wrote: > > Is there a way to write an IF statement where the text will change color > depending on the result? eg > > =if(x=0,"RED-colored text","BLACK-colored text") where 'RED-colored text' > would appear in RED, etc > > Thank ...

Web install reverts to trial version
I downloaded the trial version and then used web install to upgrade to the full version. I installed the web install and after the automatic updates are downloaded Money reverts back to the trial version. After I relaunch money the product now changes back to the trial version. Can you help In microsoft.public.money, TomZ wrote: >I downloaded the trial version and then used web install to upgrade to the >full version. I installed the web install and after the automatic updates are >downloaded Money reverts back to the trial version. After I relaunch money >the product no...

Conditional Formatting using result of Cell Formulas
Hi, I'm trying to make a conditional format when the result of a formula results in a value being entered in a cell. I'm using Excel Xp and my formula is as follows. =IF(F160="Need Info",TODAY()-S160,"") I've tried using formulas like >0, <>"", <>BLANK etc. but they all seem to fail. All cells are formatted, even entirely blank cells, as if the condition has been met. BTW, is this formula better strategically than the above formula. =IF(F160<>"Need Info","",TODAY()-S160) Just curious. TIA!!! Norm If ...

Please help me decipher the result of COUNT.
Following data from A1:A7 Sales 12/8/2008 19 22.24 TRUE #DIV/0! =COUNT(A1:A7,2) returns 4. I don't understand where the four occurrences of 2 come from. 22.24 = 3 occurrences 12/8/2008 = 2 occurrences total of 5?? I know I am missing something. Please tell me. Is there a tool that I can use to trace? I tried the formula auditing toolbar, no luck because there is no error and trace precedents is not detailed enough. Appreciate explanation. Epinn have a look in the help index for COUNT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr...

Wizard query
Is there a help/design wizard in publisher 2003 academic edition ?. I have done a full download and no wizard activates when i start up. There is nothing special about an academic version. I am going to assume you meant "install" and not download because you can't download Publisher anywhere legally. What are you trying to do that you expect a Wizard? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dinky" <Dinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FADBAFDA-3286-4EBF-96C3-19F030A89538@microsoft.com... > Is there a help/design wizard in publish...

Count results from query with no results
I have continous form with an unbound text box [keyword] and a button [search]. There is also an unbound textbox [numberofresults] that counts the number of records returned. If the search produces no results, the [numberofresults] needs to read 0, instead it is just blank. What is the proper way to show zero results as 0 and not blank? It depends on how you are doing your search? Do you have a function? Are you just filtering the recordset? Dale -- email address is invalid Please reply to newsgroup only. "Ryan Tisserand" wrote: > I have continous form with an un...