Configuring Excel for my pictures, not My Pictures....How

1/16/04

Excel defaults to Common Pictures(My Pictures) to Inserting Images From
File. Word lets you this folder's location in Options| File Locations. I've
tried doing this for Excel, unsuccessfully, by changing the location of
Common Pictures in the Registry; in WinXP, in
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders &
Explorer\ShellFolders. I've made those changes in HKCU, also. I've changed
the location of my Favorites doing this. However, each time I make the
changes. The paths revert back to the location of Common Pictures in the My
Documents folder, which I have on my E: drive. My graphics are on G: I keep
my personal files and images separate, because the folders are so big I
can't keep them both on one partition

For the time being I've changed the shortcut, Sample Pictures, so that it
will go to the location on my clipart directory.
Has anyone been able to configure Excel to do what I describe?

Thank you,

Brian Day

0
beday (6)

Excel 2000 to Excel 2002 problem
I have put a spreadsheet together using Excel 2000. A friend is trying to use it with Excel 2002 and experiences a problem that I cannot reproduce in Excel 2000. Cell E3 is a persons name. Cell F3 contains the formula '=E3' to auto fill the cell. (If the name is not the correct one it is overwritten) If friend copies the formula in F3 to F4 it copies the formula as an absolute so that it is looking at E3 rather than E4. He is not copying an absolute. He either drags the formula down or copy & pastes. I can't understand what is happening but presume that his version works...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

excel file to cd-r is read only
oops - got the wrong key - ? is in the entry above. thanks, especially if you answer the ? above - I'm pretty new at this, but I'm working at it. kzas "kzas" wrote: > Use windows explorer to copy it back to your harddrive (or network drive). Then rightclick on it (still in Windows explorer) and choose Properties. Uncheck the readonly attribute. kzas wrote: > > oops - got the wrong key - ? is in the entry above. thanks, especially if > you answer the ? above - I'm pretty new at this, but I'm working at it. > kzas > > "kzas&qu...

From SQLite to Excel with ODBC-driver
Hello, I would like to access from Excel 2003 (OS: Windows XP) to a SQLite-Database with ODBC. I did the following steps: 1.) Install SQLite-ODBC-driver: From http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/ I downloaded the file "sqliteodbc.exe" which installs the ODBC-driver on my computer. I saw after the installation on the "ODBC-datasources/System-DSN"-menu three new entries ("SQLite Datasource", "SQLite UTF-8 Datasource" und "SQLite3 Datasource"). 2.) Create an SQLite-database: From http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ ...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

What is activating excel?
I need a way to tell if excel is being open from the start menu. Or if excel is being started from a excel file icon. Thanks in advance. Try asking in an Excel forum. This forum is for Outlook programming issues. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "AK_Help" <AKHelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76C3D81F-0557-4BBF-AE55-9072C8EBE1A5@microsoft.com... >I need a way to tell if excel is being open fr...

Best book to learn excel?
I have found myself in a spot where I need to create a spreadsheet to track and calculate totals ( payroll of sorts) for a department at work. But I thought I would give it as shot myself. So I need to find the best book to try to learn the basics. Is on of the "for dummies" publications the best place to start? This is for an industry where tips are a large portion of the income for these employees and they need to be able to keep accurate records of what they have made along with deductions for taxes, 401k health insurance etc. They need a spreadsheet which they can keep on ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

BIFF5 (Excel 5) 255 char limit
I'm generating excel documents via PHP, and am running into a wall with the 255 character limit for a cell in Excel 5 (the format the script exports in). Is there any way around this? If your program outputs to Excel 5 with 255 limit you might find out if the manufacturer of that program allows output to a later file type. I don't know PHP, and Excel can't control how that program outputs. You might try copy and paste directly from the original program into a later version of Excel. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "ircmaxell" wrote: > I'm generating excel ...

Color palette in Excel 2007
When I create a diagram in Excel 2007 the autofill colors are not the same as the color palette I have made. The program takes a similar color but makes it a bit dirty. Does anyone know how to make Excel pick the original colours (my theme colors) by default? mvh/Lena ...

Excel XP automatic equals sign when formula bar clicked
In Excel 2000, you could click on a cell, then click on the formula bar and an equals sign would pop up in anticipation of a formula to be written. How can you make Excel 2002 duplicate this behavior? Hi Mike! This was removed from Excel 2002 onwards. The closest you'll get is: View > Toolbars > Customize Under the Insert list you'll find "=" Drag it to a toolbar near the formula bar. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. &q...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

email from excel to otlk 2003
Have upgraded to outlook 2003 after server upgrade sbs2003. OS is XP. Now cannot email worksheet direct from Excel 2000. Full attachment still ok but sometimes just want to send part, not whole. You must be using the same version of Outlook and other Office programs for full integration to work. What happens if you select a range of cells, then copy/paste them into Outlook? What message format are you using for Outlook? I know you can't use Word 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent t...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

Where is Excel.h?
I just looked at KB article Q178749 and followed all the steps. Where in the world do you get Excel.h from? I searched my whole PC and this file was not found (I have Office 2003 installed). There aren't too many search results from people that have had this problem, so I'm missing something here. Does anyone know where I can find excel.h? Thanks in advance! Aruk I would guess that this file would be generated when you import the type library. Did you try importing it as mentioned in steps 8-10 of Q178749? --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com UN-BELIEVEABLE!!!! Well I...

2003 excel
I would like to change the cell color if there is a "r" found in it. All the cells are in the same colum and there are also numbers in the cells with the "r". Can anyone help ? Assume data in col A Select the col, then apply conditional formatting using Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("r",A1)) Format to taste > OK out Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be case sensitive -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:16,400 Files:356 Subscribers:53 xdemechanik --- "Dave" wrote: > I would like to change the cell color if ...

Converting Excel to HTML... overwriting rows in Explorer?
Hi, I've created a table within Excel 2000, and have saved it as an HTML page. When I view it in Explorer 6.0, it appears as if some of the rows are overwriting onto each other (for instance, row 14 and row 15 are in the same cells). If I hit reload, these rows may appear normal, but the same error occurs further down the page. http://www.tibet.ca/Campaign2002folder/MPsigned2002_revised 20030810.htm Any help would be much appreciated, Ten ...

Is it possible to set MS Excel 2K to display in UTF-8 like Intern.
I am trying to open a CSV file that contains Japanese Chars in UTF-8 with excel 2000. When I do open the file, the chars seem to be interpreted in shift-JIS. Is there any way to set excel to view in UTF-8 so that my characters are displayed correctly? ...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

Excel and Metastock
Does anyone know how I can import MetaStock data directly into Excel without using Downloader? Any help here would be appreciated. ...

configuration
Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure Publisher - how do I stop this? What version Publisher? You receive a "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Pro" error message when you upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825941/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BG" <BG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81BB44C-05D4-4435-BCED-9DA45DACCB96@microsoft.com... > Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure...

translate number in dollars to wording in excel 2003
especially when entering currency together with the wording so if that can be done that speed up data entry Hi Jimmy, See: 'How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel' http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's 'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm --- Regards, Norman "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D87EC88C-09D4-4784-BCFE-F30B6...

IMAP4 configuration
I need to allow my users to retrieve their mail from my Exchange server while they are away from the office. I have OWA working right now for web-based email, but I am considering stopping that and only using IMAP4 because many of my users have only dial-up access at their homes, and it takes too long for them to connect via OWA. The main people complaining about the currect situation are the executive director and program director, so I'd like to do what I can to keep them happy. However, I need to know how to access the Exchange mailboxes from outside the network. I have tried sev...

how to open a pdf file in excel file
Try to open a pdf file in excel by using hyperlink. I assigned a link it seems pdf program is opened by shut down right away. Anyone know? ...

How do I configure a reminder for attachment passwords?
My company sends attachments (office files) to clients via the internet. They usually password protect these files. Is there anyway to have outlook tell the user that the attachment does not have a password? Sometimes they forget to put the password on the attachment... Thanks, J.R. You would have to write code to do that. Your code would have to intercept the AttachmentAdd event for an open item, check the original item that is being attached by opening it from the file system as a file of the specified type, for example Word doc. Then it would have to use the Word object model to chec...