Conditional Number Formatting & Selective Summing

Attached is the workbook I need help with. From what I have bee
discovering from the Excel Macro-VBA Editor-Help screens, what I wan
to do should require fairly simple VBA code. However, I have no VB
coding experience or skills (the VBA code in Module 3 was gleaned fro
the Excel Tips Forum. Thank you Harlan Grove)

Sheets �Run� through �Run (30)� are identical, except that the cel
formulas on sheets 2-30 are only active if the active sheet i
�Enabled� by the user and will only populate with pulled data if al
preceding sheets are �Enabled�. The nature of the workbook is such tha
a user will always start with �Run� and move sequentially through th
sheets.

Problem 1

As you can see, there is a �Units� sheet. Depending where in the worl
the user is located, and depending on the preferences of the client
different units are used (e.g.�Ft� or �m� for distance)

Each row of this sheet has a named list created using the left-mos
column for List Name.

On Sheet �Run�, each data entry cell subject to varying units has
light green cell near it. The cells have Data Validation referring t
the appropriate List from the �Units� sheet.

What I want to occur is application of conditional number formatting
such that, depending on the value selected from the validatio
drop-down list, the active cell is formatted with the unit as displaye
in the appropriate list on the �Units� sheet.

For example: If �mm2� is selected as the appropriate unit for Bit TF
(cell E27), and a value of 22.35 were entered in �E27�, I would wan
the cell to display the value as   22.35 mm2

Problem 1.a

So as not to have to reset the units on each sheet, I would like th
cells on the next sheet to pull their formatting from the same cells o
the preceding sheet. (i.e. �Run (2)�!E27 pulls its formatting fro
�Run�!E27)

Problem 2

I need a summary sheet for the book. (As you can see, I�ve been tryin
with my sparse Excel skills to do this on my own, but I give up!)

What I would like is code that would scan a referenced cell acros
sheets �Run� to �Run (30)� and pull only unique values from the cell
and list them on the summary sheet in one row, sorted in ascendin
numeric order from left to right.
Then, for each unique value, I would want the sheet to further populat
itself by listing the associated data for each unique value in Ru
order in the column below.

For example: Each Run uses a Transmitter (TX No. (cell D18) in th
sheets). The same Transmitter may be used on different runs; eithe
sequentially, or in rotation with other transmitters. I would like th
summary sheet to pull the unique Serial Numbers for all Transmitter
used during the course of the job and list them in a row (se
�Equipment Summary Sheet� at end of workbook)

The critical data associated with the Transmitter is the number o
pulses it executed during the run (it�s mechanical and needs to b
rebuilt after �X� thousand pulses). The associated data for �TX No.� i
�No. of Pulses� (data cell A43). For each run a Transmitter is used on
I want the summary sheet to automatically pull the �No. of Pulses� dat
and place it in the appropriate cell in the summary sheet. (e.g
Transmitter 3 used on Run 20 pulses 30,000 times. The value 30,00
should automatically populate cell D22 of the existing �Equipmen
Summary Sheet�

So, I don�t want my workbook redone for me. I just need some code - o
formulas - that will resolve my problems and I�ll take it from there.

Thanks,

Don Kir

         Attachment filename: geolink lwd run sheet.zip
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58616

How can I number these pages?
I have a workbook with 30 sheets. Some sheet contains more pages t print. I have already made the setting print and the setting scale i not the same for all sheets. I would like to number (progressive number) and print all pages. Ex WS1 Page1, WS1 Page2, WS2 Page3... Someone can hepl me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Pippo, In File - Page Setup, the First Page Number should be set to Auto for all sheets. The pages wil now be sequential across all the sheets if all are printed in one command. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------...

The number of items that are marked as unread in an Exchange 2003 public folder is incorrect after applying SP1
We upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 few months ago. After the upgrade we faced the following problem: "The number of items that are marked as unread in an Exchange 2003 public folder is incorrect" After applying 836686 hotfix mentioned in the following article the problem get resolved. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836686 Last weekend we applied Exchange 2003 SP1 and the same problem has reoccurred. When we tried to reinstall the hotfix exchange doesn't and pops up the following error: "Setup has detected that the service pack version of the system installe...

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Format cells #7

Week Number
Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? MTIA Elwyn I've never used this function but I think this would work, perhaps someone else would comment, =WEEKNUM(E1-90) Regards, Alan. "elwyn" <elwyn.meredith@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:IY2dnTDiIIjC30zUnZ2dnUVZ8h-dnZ2d@bt.com... > Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week > 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? > > MTIA > > Elwyn ...

Query condition by date range

Short Key for Selecting Tab Sheets?
Excel 2000 ... Is there a short-key for jumping TabSheet to TabSheet instead of using the mouse? ... Thanks ... Kha Ken, Use Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb401c3e057$900fff90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2000 ... Is there a short-key for jumping TabSheet > to TabSheet instead of using the mouse? ... Thanks ... Kha >-----Original Message----- >Ken, > >Use Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown &g...

Selecting Multiple Controls
I have about a hundred checkbox controls on a worksheet. I need to select differing subsets of multiple controls in order to move or modify them. I have entered 'Design Mode' on the 'Developer' tab and activated the 'Select Objects' option from the 'Find and Replace' feature on the 'Home' tab. With that combination I can drag over the controls, but this action does not select the controls. What must we do in order to drag and select large groups of controls? Max You can select multiple controls by using control-click to add addit...

Conditional Field in Queries

How do I insert ISBN numbers starting with 0?
Hi Chris couple of ways select the range where the ISBN numbers are going into and choose format / cells - text or enter them using an ' in front of each one (e.g. '0123123213) the ' won't show when printed or viewed or enter them with spaces or non-numeric characters Let us know how you go Cheers JulieD "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F3E6FF7-F452-4F74-AD10-23B0D8A4325A@microsoft.com... > be a little respectful when asking for help. write the query in the body of the message. -- icestationzbra -------------------...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Number of contacts in crm
Is there an equivalent to the sql (select count(*) from table) in CRM -- Regards, Pedro Airó you can use the query class which uses fetch xml http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2crmqueryexecutequerymethod.asp -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Pedro Airo" <pedro_airo@netcabo.pt> wrote in message news:27E5C555-BAAE-4C4C-8F84-1DD204845F28@microsoft.com... > Is there an equivalent to the sql (select count(*) from table) in CRM > > -- > Regards, > Pedro Air� Yes, but where ...

how to select paragraphs to be printed
how do i select various paragraphs on the same page to be printed i can only highlight one paragraph at a time many thanks While you can select non-contiguous selections by holding the CTRL key whilst making the selections, you cannot readily print such a selection from the print dialog. The following macro will however print it. Sub PrintSelected() Application.ScreenUpdating = False On Error GoTo Oops Selection.Copy Documents.Add Selection.Paste With ActiveDocument .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Oops: MsgBo...

insert number in column
I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensions. I want to insert a digit before the three throughout the column as the extension has been increased to 4 digits. Any easy way.../ Thanks. AFD Type 4000 in an unused cell, then Copy > it and highlight your list of 3 digit numbers and Right-click > PasteSpecial > Add.......this will place a "4" on the left end of each string. Instead of 4000, use 3000 or whatever the new digit is to be. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "afdmello" wrote: > I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensio...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

Combobox value populate cell selection
I am looking for button code to have a selected cell range merged and populated with value chosen from combobox. This value is centered in the merged cell selection. The cells range is defined manually with mouse. Bart Have a look at this event code which you can refine. No error-checking for data in the selected range...........assumes the mergerange is empty when selected. Runs when a value is selected from Combobox1 Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Set srng = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _ "Select A Range", Type:=8) With srng .HorizontalAlignment = xlCen...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

Custom Link for UPS tracking number?
Does anyone know the correct link for UPS to pull up tracking number info from sales orders? I've tried several that open the UPS site when I click on the tracking number link from SOP, but none that actaully fill in and pull up the tracking number entered on the order. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_12A27388 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jim, Thank you for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups! There is a way to have it automatically populated the tracking number on the web sites. When you set up your custom links web pag...

Suppress Fax in Select Name in Contacts
When selecting contacts to send an e-mail message, Outlook 2003 lists both the e-mail (SMTP) and Fax as two line entries in the list. How can I suppress the Fax entries and only display the e-mail entries? We encountered this here with Outlook Xp and I believe that the fax number is considered to be an alternate address. To avoid this, store the fax number in a field not lableled as "Fax". Hope this helps. "Ken M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9a4d01c49740$d046ab90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When selecting contacts to send an e-m...

How to remove page numbers from the display?
I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this display of page number? This is a feature of View|Page Break Preview. Can you just go back to normal? View|Normal Dale Bedford wrote: > > I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle > of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this > display of page number? -- Dave Peterson Dale, You are most likely in the Page Brake Preview mode. To switch to the normal m...