conditional formulating

Hi,
like to know if there's other ways besides validating the data changes by
colours for conditional formating. Looking for audio validation..ie having
the spreadsheet alerting me by making a sound when there's changes in the
data. Having pop up alerts will do. THe main purpose is that I do not want to
keep on monitoring the spreadsheet all the time to capture the changes in
data. The data are linked real time to websites, ie Foreign exchange rates.

0
Francis (27)

use msgbox and it'll pop up if you are running a macro which goe
through the data.

really need more info to be more help :

--
gearo
gearoi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2657

Hi Gearoi,

i'm using the spreadsheet to help me to monitor if a page on Reuters is
updating correctly/promptly. right now first I copy the time stamp on the
Reuters page to a cell on Excel. Then on another cell, I will copy another
link from another Reuters page showing the actual time. If the page i'm
monitoring is updating, the conditional formatting on the third cell will be
white in colour. If the page is not updating; the timestamp on that page is
not the same as the actual time on another Reuters page, the third cell with
conditonal formatting will then turn red.
What i want to find out is if there's another more "active" way to monitor
besides going to the spreasheet to view it every now and then.I'm thinking if
the page is not updating for say more than 5 mins, a pop up will appear or a
sound will be heard simliar to what happened when we received a msg in MSN.
Hope the details helps and thanks for replying. hope to hear the good news
from you.

"gearoi" wrote:

> use msgbox and it'll pop up if you are running a macro which goes
> through the data.
>
> really need more info to be more help :)
>

> --
> gearoi
> gearoi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26576
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401891

0
Francis (27)

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Query condition by date range

Conditional Field in Queries

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

conditionally restricting values in excel
Hello, I want to restrict values in a particular column based on the value in other column. For eg. if column A has value int then column B should be restricted to values 1,2,3,4,5 if column A has value bool then column B should be restricted to values true and false. if column A has value string I dont want any validation to be done and the list box should not appear. Is this possible..... How do I achieve this ? Can I use macros to do this? How? Thanks Hi as a starting point: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I want to restrict ...

Conditional formating condition..?
Hi All I have 2 CF conditions associated with a cell (C14), one of which is: Formula is =OR($C$4="Fred SOMEBODY",C14<>"10:30:00") What happens when this is true isn't important/relevant. The value in the cell appears as 10:30 (formatted as custom/hh:mm) but the value in the 'formula window' is actually 10:30:00. This type of condition works fine when the cell contains a simple number (or text) but I can't get it to work for either times or dates. I have tried it with and without the inverted commas (around the time value) and have tried using 10:30 ...

Condition Formatting!
How do I make a row of cell (shading) that change to red color when the word "trial" or "limit" is entered? i.e cell 3f contain the word "trial". From the column of trial to the 1st column, the entire row 3a to 3f will be red? a b c d e f 1 2 3 Trial 4 5 6 Here's some VBA you could paste into the codebehind page for that sheet: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If UCase(Target.Value) = "TRIAL" Or UCase(Target.Value) = "LIMIT" T...

chart conditional formatting
I have a line chart with 3 lines, red, blue and green. Is there any way I can conditionally format some, but not all, points on the red line to colour white - ie make them invisible. I have looked at Jon Peltier's site - he addresses conditional formatting - but cannot see a solution there. Thanks in advance to all who try to help. -- bob777 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488635 Hi, Ha...

Conditional Picture?
Does anybody knows how to insert one picture that changes without use intervention everytime the result of another cell changes? eg.: If the cell A1="Alex" the cell A2=Picture of Alex. Then if change the cell A1 to "Mike" the cell A2 displays the picture of Mike -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Alex This macro example from this group a long time ago you can use. The jpg files must have the same names as the number you type in cell "a1" Change the path to the files in the code. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab ...

Conditional Formatting for 4 conditions
How can I set up conditional formatting for the following: >3.5 = red 2.5 - 3.49 = yellow 2 - 2.49 = green <2 = blue Thanks, Steve Set all the cells to one of the colours that apply the 3 conditions to them via CF, effectively 4 colours. -- HTH Bob "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E34D7F5-545C-4177-83C7-93A735398F42@microsoft.com... > How can I set up conditional formatting for the following: > >>3.5 = red > 2.5 - 3.49 = yellow > 2 - 2.49 = green > <2 = blue > > Thanks, &...

About stopping container to resize on some condition
Hi I am new in this group. I am using Docking window in my application. When I dock more than one window to each other. I read that it creates container for all that panes. Now when I am docking 3-4 windows horizontally , It create one vertical resizing bar. I want that bar remove and also remove the facility of resizing on some condition. but window should not be undocked. It must be in same position and also I must able to resizing horizontally. Just I want to turn off the vertical resizing as well as remove vertical bar or make it thinner. If anyone has any solution. Please ma...

Conditional, Conditional Formatting
Two questions, both have to do with semi-complex (at least for me) conditional formatting. 1) I have two conditional formatting "formulas" on column B. Depending on the corresponding row in column I, I want the conditional formatting on or off. If I3 = 0, then don't allow conditional formatting for b3. 2) I want cells from column A to be "strikethrough" if the corresponding cell in column I equals zero. Is there any semi easy (from a data entry standpoint) way for this to be accomplished? Thanks, John One way: Say your current CF for column B is to...

Filter For Conditional Format
I have a group of cells that have conditional formatting based on th answers from another group of cells. I want to try to filter for cells that have a conditional format tha been turned on. If an employee is on vacation his cell for that week changes color. I he has hours of work scheduled that will be a problem. I'm trying t filter to see an conflicts without looking at the rows individually. Thanks in advance Frank Haverkamp frank.haverkamp@btecsolutions.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Frank, Chip Pearson addresses this question on his Website. Look here: http...

conditional cell format
Can I set some aspect of the cell format based on a formula value? For example, I would like to change the cell fill color based on whether the value in that cell is greater than or less than a value in another cell. -- Gary King Take a look at Format|conditional formatting Gary King wrote: > > Can I set some aspect of the cell format based on a formula value? > > For example, I would like to change the cell fill color based on whether the > value in that cell is greater than or less than a value in another cell. > > -- > Gary King -- Dave Peterson Suppose ...

Conditional formatting from other sheet
I am trying to make a following conditional formatting Change the color of a cell in a range, if its value is maximum of the range. The maximum value of the range is calculated through Tools/Data/Analysis/Descriptive Statistics, which I have not reside in the same sheet. But conditional formatting doesn’t accept to use reference from other sheet. Is there any solution for this issue? Also it doesn’t work when I put the formula Max(range) in the conditional formatting reference box. One way is to use named ranges Eg in Sheet2, the CF formula used could be: =B2=MAX(MyRange1) where: MyRan...

Workflow : Wait activity condition does not work
I've created a very simple workflow that does not seem to work. The rule is: Manual Rule Task: Task 1 wait Task: Task 1 is completed end wait Task: Task 2 When I 'Save as completed' Task 1, Task 2 is not created. I find the following entry in the EVent Log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Event Category: None Event ID: 16649 Date: 11/1/2007 Time: 1:42:25 PM User: N/A Computer: AMCI-CRMPROD Description: Condition {BF1490AE-A188-DC11-9C5C-00C09F1E9CAA} failed in step {BB1490AE-A188-DC11-9C5C-00C09F1E9CAA} of process instanc...

Conditional Formatting
I have a spreadsheet where I have set a data validation for the colum to select from a list. The list has names of colors. (Red, yellow, etc) A total of 6 colors. I then set a conditional format for the column to change the background of the cell to the selected color. (The word "red" displays in cell and background color of cell is red). Excel limits the number of conditions to 3. I have 6 color condtions (red, yellow, green, blue, brown, black). How do I get around the 3 limit condition where I can set all 6 colors to change when the text is selected from the drop down. Hi...

More that 3 conditions for conditional formating?
How do I set more that 3. I need 6 or 8. I want to have color of cell change if one of the 6 or 8 words appears in the cell. Thanks, Jerry limit is 3. You can, however, check for the appearance of the word by some formula like =NOT(ISNA(MATCH(A1,F1:F8,0))) where F1:F8 contains the list of 8 words and A1 is the active cell. If it's not an error, the word exists, and you can make the cell be whatever color you want. You just can't have 8 different colors. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Jerry Kinder" <jkinder@jkinder.com> wrote in message news:eefsibF1FHA.664@tk2msftngp13...