Conditional Formatting - date ranges

How do I make cell colors in a column change if time between dates in
preceeding column exceeds 2 weeks?  What is the formula for this?
--
AP - AGP Prod Dev
0

Sorry if this was unclear - I want to create a condition where the
spreadsheet flags any dates in Column D if they exceed 14 days based on the
corresponding date in Column C.  I want the cell color to change to red when
the two week deadline is missed.  Can this be done??
--
AP - AGP Prod Dev

"Angela" wrote:

> How do I make cell colors in a column change if time between dates in
> preceeding column exceeds 2 weeks?  What is the formula for this?
> --
> AP - AGP Prod Dev
0
Angela (59)
11/2/2005 3:32:01 PM
Use a conditional formatting formula of =B1-A1>14

--

HTH

RP

"Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I make cell colors in a column change if time between dates in
> preceeding column exceeds 2 weeks?  What is the formula for this?
> --
> AP - AGP Prod Dev

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/2/2005 3:33:48 PM
Assume A is your early date column, and B is your later date column.
Go to conditional formatting for column C.
For Condition 1, change the dropdown menu from "Cell Value Is" to "Formula
Is".
Paste this:  =B1-A1>14
Apply the formatting you want.
And you're good to go.

"Angela" wrote:

> How do I make cell colors in a column change if time between dates in
> preceeding column exceeds 2 weeks?  What is the formula for this?
> --
> AP - AGP Prod Dev
0
FinRazel (14)

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Apply a mutiple to a range of cells?
I have a range of cells spanning multiple columns and rows. I would like, in my fantasy, to just hightlight all of them and say "multiply by x" where x is an integer. Now, I know I can't do that because my microphone doesn't work, so, other then a macro, is there a way to do it? Thanks, -Jim In an unused cell enter the numnber that you want to multiply by - it can be an integer or a floating point number - then highlight the range to you want to mutiply and then right-click and select Paste Special > Multiply > Ok Don't forget to say "Multipy by x"...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

Formatting Imported Data
Hi, I want to be able to read in a single column of data from either an Excel file or from a column of a word document and then produce the same column of data so that each entry has two cells separating them. So that the column 1 2 3 would look like 1 empty cell empty cell 2 empty cell empty cell 3 I there a straightforward way I can do this in Excel w/o having to use some type of additional program (like VBA)? TIA, Matt Nothing straightforward that I can see. Without some manual arranging which would be onerous, you will be better off to use a VBA macro. Sub InsertRows22() Appli...

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

conditionally restricting values in excel
Hello, I want to restrict values in a particular column based on the value in other column. For eg. if column A has value int then column B should be restricted to values 1,2,3,4,5 if column A has value bool then column B should be restricted to values true and false. if column A has value string I dont want any validation to be done and the list box should not appear. Is this possible..... How do I achieve this ? Can I use macros to do this? How? Thanks Hi as a starting point: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I want to restrict ...

Conditional formating condition..?
Hi All I have 2 CF conditions associated with a cell (C14), one of which is: Formula is =OR($C$4="Fred SOMEBODY",C14<>"10:30:00") What happens when this is true isn't important/relevant. The value in the cell appears as 10:30 (formatted as custom/hh:mm) but the value in the 'formula window' is actually 10:30:00. This type of condition works fine when the cell contains a simple number (or text) but I can't get it to work for either times or dates. I have tried it with and without the inverted commas (around the time value) and have tried using 10:30 ...

Condition Formatting!
How do I make a row of cell (shading) that change to red color when the word "trial" or "limit" is entered? i.e cell 3f contain the word "trial". From the column of trial to the 1st column, the entire row 3a to 3f will be red? a b c d e f 1 2 3 Trial 4 5 6 Here's some VBA you could paste into the codebehind page for that sheet: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If UCase(Target.Value) = "TRIAL" Or UCase(Target.Value) = "LIMIT" T...

Formatting cells for printing
How can you add a blank line or bottom margin in a cell to seperate the rows for printing? In Word it is called a cell margin. You can increase the rowheight by selecting a cell in that row and then: format|row|height and making it larger. You could also add an alt-enter as the last character in that cell. (might be messy if you're working with numeric values, though) Steve S wrote: > > How can you add a blank line or bottom margin in a cell to seperate the rows > for printing? In Word it is called a cell margin. -- Dave Peterson ...

Lose Formatting
We have a pretty intense Excel Workbook that we use on a daily bases. We are currently running MS 2007 but this Workbook is running in 97-2003 because we just changed over about 6 months ago. The issue is that in the past week the this file keeps losing it format. Can't seem to figure out why. ...

chart conditional formatting
I have a line chart with 3 lines, red, blue and green. Is there any way I can conditionally format some, but not all, points on the red line to colour white - ie make them invisible. I have looked at Jon Peltier's site - he addresses conditional formatting - but cannot see a solution there. Thanks in advance to all who try to help. -- bob777 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488635 Hi, Ha...