conditional formatting - compare 2 dates

I would like to use conditional formatting to highlight cells.  Here is the
scenerio .. a cell has a date that is calculated from a formula.  If that
date falls within the next 7 days i would like the cell to change colors.  I
for the life of me can not figure out the correct formula to put into the
conditional formatting box.

Thanks in advance.
0
Dan4650 (795)

One way:

With A1 selected:

CF1:        Formula is  =AND(A1>=TODAY(), A1-TODAY()<=7)

In article <0ED02BFE-5813-464A-9DCE-E902D6C974B9@microsoft.com>,
 Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I would like to use conditional formatting to highlight cells.  Here is the
> scenerio .. a cell has a date that is calculated from a formula.  If that
> date falls within the next 7 days i would like the cell to change colors.  I
> for the life of me can not figure out the correct formula to put into the
> conditional formatting box.
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/23/2005 6:17:25 PM
Assuming that the dates start in A!, select all the cells and use this
formula

=AND(A1>=TODAY(),A1<TODAY()+7)

--

HTH

RP

> I would like to use conditional formatting to highlight cells.  Here is
the
> scenerio .. a cell has a date that is calculated from a formula.  If that
> date falls within the next 7 days i would like the cell to change colors.
> for the life of me can not figure out the correct formula to put into the
> conditional formatting box.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

if statement with dates
I would like to hae a statement like: IF(A1>0,1/1/2004) interpreting 1/1/2004 as a date. EXCEL is doing the arithmetic and giving me the result of the division. I could figure the numeric date and do something like: IF (A1>0,37987) but that seems rather awkward. What else can I do. TIA Sanford Hi =IF(A1>DATE(2004,1,1),.... -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sanford Lefkowitz" <Sanford Lefkowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AA55C47A-5BF1-45A5-A6FB-D12E818AE4A9@microsoft.com... > I would like to hae a statement like: > IF(...

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Query condition by date range

Odd date problem
I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using 2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was able to reproduce the error. Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable. Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the time until the Edit button has been clicked o...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Credit Card Accounts #2
Hi, I am trying to set-up a debt reduction planner..ughh! Maybe someone can help me understand a couple of things. First I entered all of my credit cards as credit accounts, when I go into the account set-up and specify the interst rate and current balance it always sets the minimum payment to 0. Why? This seems to be affecting my budget, it thinks that if I make a payment of $50 then the account balance decreases by $50. I need to figure out how money calculates the minimum payment on a credit account and then the affect of paying an additional $X sum of money. Thanks in advanc...

How do a count dates?
In a specific cell, I am wanting to count a series of dates with each date less than NOW() to be worth +1 and each date equal to or more than NOW() to be worth 0. Thank you, Aviator =COUNTIF(Range,"<"&TODAY()) replace TODAY with NOW if you want to compare time as well as dates Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Aviator" wrote: > In a specific cell, I am wanting to count a series of dates with each date > less than NOW() to be worth +1 and each date equal to or more than NOW() to > be worth 0. > > Thank you, > > Aviator Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,&q...

Conditional Field in Queries

Wrong "Today's Date"
I have Money 2003 and it is showing the incorrect date as the "Today's Date". It is exactly 1 month ahead, as today it is saying that it is September 7, 2003. This is causing most of my bills to show as overdue, even though they aren't due until the end of August. I don't know why it changed, but all I care about is fixing it. Can someone help? >-----Original Message----- >I have Money 2003 and it is showing the incorrect date as >the "Today's Date". It is exactly 1 month ahead, as today >it is saying that it is September 7, 2003....

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

change GAL #2
Yes it is. We did a rebuild on the original default OAB and the new OAB. Still, even today after someone does a Send/Receive -> Download Address Book it's still showing people from the other OAB. I also previewed each OAB in ESM to make sure it was accurate, which it is. Any ideas? The one thing I want to avoid is deleting the original Default Address Book and recreating it. "Pierrot Robert" <mcthepro_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uE8YRiJPGHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In the properties page of your mailbox store, is the new OAB listed in the > Gene...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

SOS !! White list on IMF v.2
It seems the white list on IMF v2 is not work any more. All the mails from the white list are still blocked by IMF v2, but it was by pass when using IMF V1. Anybody has any idea ? The mails are generated automatically from customer's program, now all are blocked by the IMF v2. Help ! Help ! Environment : Exchange server 2003 with SP2 running on Windows server 2003. You are using IP Accept lists right? Than check this known "issue" here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/ipacceptlist.htm cheers Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Inte...

Validation #2
Hi, I currently have this macro to check whether certain cells are populated before allow the document to be emailed. Private Sub email123() ' email123 Macro Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Range("mandatory_fields") If Cell.Value = "" Then MsgBox "Please complete all mandatory fields." Exit For Else MsgBox "All mandatory fields have been completed. Will now send template." ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="intended email address", Subject:="RFC : " & Range("b9") End End If Next End Sub However, my range...

Data Migration #2
Hi, I have to migrate data from MSCRM 3.0 to MSCRm 4.0. To achieve this can I use Data Migration Manager of MSCRM 4.0? or is there any process to achieve this? regards, Sailaja. I believe your only option is to perform an in-place upgrade from 3 to 4. Dave Ireland <sailaja.crm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:63815ce9-e31c-4d6c-93ab-319cea316804@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have to migrate data from MSCRM 3.0 to MSCRm 4.0. To achieve this > can I use Data Migration Manager of MSCRM 4.0? or is there any process > to achieve this? > > > regards, >...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...