Conditional Formatting Based on Date

Allow me to establish the context of the situation. In column A I have a
date that a form is received. In column B I want to condition the cells
to display a color contingent on the amount of days that have
transpired since the form was received. Column B actually documents
whether a form has been approved or not. If it has not, then the
appropriate color is displayed. If the form is approved, then the date
of approval is put in the cell with no need for any color. The color is
simply to act as an indicator of the amount of days that have passed
without approval.

For example, let's say that the form was received June 1. The form has
not been approved yet. So, column B would show the color green. Once
two days passes without approval, the cell turns orange. If the form is
not approved by day 5, then the cell in column B turns red. However,
once it is approved, the cell shows the date inputted.

Thanks for the help!

--
John F.M.
John F.M.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23782

This might help you

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

"John F.M." wrote:

> Allow me to establish the context of the situation. In column A I have a
> date that a form is received. In column B I want to condition the cells
> to display a color contingent on the amount of days that have
> transpired since the form was received. Column B actually documents
> whether a form has been approved or not. If it has not, then the
> appropriate color is displayed. If the form is approved, then the date
> of approval is put in the cell with no need for any color. The color is
> simply to act as an indicator of the amount of days that have passed
> without approval.
>
> For example, let's say that the form was received June 1. The form has
> not been approved yet. So, column B would show the color green. Once
> two days passes without approval, the cell turns orange. If the form is
> not approved by day 5, then the cell in column B turns red. However,
> once it is approved, the cell shows the date inputted.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>

> --
> John F.M.
> John F.M.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23782
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376079

0
BarbR (262)

How to change cell color based on content
Hi, hope someone can help me. I don't use Excel much, but I'm creating a spreadsheet that keeps track of ticket sales for a charity I volunteer for. Anyway, what I want to do is to make the cells stand out for those that still owe money, either because a check is forthcoming or because they ordered by credit card. I want the credit card orders to show up with a different color (eg YELLOW) than those who are fully paid. I want the forthcoming check orders to show up in a different color (eg RED). So I have a column with payment type that is either Cash, Check, or Credit Card....

Today Conditional Format

if statement with dates
I would like to hae a statement like: IF(A1>0,1/1/2004) interpreting 1/1/2004 as a date. EXCEL is doing the arithmetic and giving me the result of the division. I could figure the numeric date and do something like: IF (A1>0,37987) but that seems rather awkward. What else can I do. TIA Sanford Hi =IF(A1>DATE(2004,1,1),.... -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sanford Lefkowitz" <Sanford Lefkowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AA55C47A-5BF1-45A5-A6FB-D12E818AE4A9@microsoft.com... > I would like to hae a statement like: > IF(...

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Query condition by date range

Odd date problem
I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using 2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was able to reproduce the error. Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable. Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the time until the Edit button has been clicked o...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

How do a count dates?
In a specific cell, I am wanting to count a series of dates with each date less than NOW() to be worth +1 and each date equal to or more than NOW() to be worth 0. Thank you, Aviator =COUNTIF(Range,"<"&TODAY()) replace TODAY with NOW if you want to compare time as well as dates Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Aviator" wrote: > In a specific cell, I am wanting to count a series of dates with each date > less than NOW() to be worth +1 and each date equal to or more than NOW() to > be worth 0. > > Thank you, > > Aviator Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,&q...

Conditional Field in Queries

Wrong "Today's Date"
I have Money 2003 and it is showing the incorrect date as the "Today's Date". It is exactly 1 month ahead, as today it is saying that it is September 7, 2003. This is causing most of my bills to show as overdue, even though they aren't due until the end of August. I don't know why it changed, but all I care about is fixing it. Can someone help? >-----Original Message----- >I have Money 2003 and it is showing the incorrect date as >the "Today's Date". It is exactly 1 month ahead, as today >it is saying that it is September 7, 2003....

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

compare two files and merge rows base on a matching word within these two rows
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhWkR6bS05Qnluenc&hl=en Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from CO...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

protect my data base window
I set my data base file to startup mode and hide the (Data Base Window), but my problem I want to protect my data base window to not view, by pressing (shift+enter ) to the specific data base file. Thanks You can block the Shift+Enter action by unchecking the "Use Access Special Keys" in the Tools - Startup dialog box. But once you do this, you won't be able to access it either. When I get ready to deploy an application, and want to do this, I generally set the KeyPreview Property of my Splash form to True, then add some code to the Forms KeyDown Event that checks for a...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

vlook on different tabs based on value
good day, i have the following so far in my macro: .... supcode = Range("B4").Value .... If supcode = "CLI" Then ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4) = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-4], '[Order Generator.xlsm]CLI'!C2:C4,2,FALSE)" .... right now i have this code repeated several times for each supcode that may exist and i am usingn an if statement for each possible "supcode". i would like to replace all the if statements, and change the "CLI" to use the "supcode" value. how do i get the "supcode" value int...

Localization Agentina
In the payments entry, the deferred check's due date can't be grather than 365 days after emition date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6018f7d4-cc2...