complicated excel template

I am on the beginning phases of a manufacturing template. Hopefully som
of you can help me out. I need to determine how many parts of a certai
item I can obtain from a determined square foot of material. Fo
example: how many parts of 1" x 1.5" widgets can I get from a 48" x 96
sheet

You could use something simple like:

=INT(C1/A1)*INT(D1/B1)

where A1 = part width, B1 = part length, C1 = sheet width,
D1 = sheet length. Of course this does not take into
account any unique cutting patterns that minimize scrap.
It's assumes simple grid pattern cutting.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Hopefully some
>of you can help me out. I need to determine how many
parts of a certain
>item I can obtain from a determined square foot of
material. For
>example: how many parts of 1" x 1.5" widgets can I get
from a 48" x 96"
>sheet.
>

>---
>
>.

0
jason.morin (561)
6/1/2004 6:35:31 PM
Yeah,
That is how far I got. The issue with the scrap. I figure the way to g
is subtract the area used by the parts by the area of the sheet. The
take the difference and calculate the yield again. However, puttin
that all down in a formula is confusing. Little help

Pasting Table Info from Word to Excel
Using Office 2003. I have created a table in Word where the first column is address information on 3 lines in one cell (Name, Address, City State Zip) Before going further with this Word table, I decided I really wanted to track the information in Excel. Having trouble pasting the 3 lines of information from the Word table cell into one cell in Excel. It keeps pasting into three cells (i.e. A1 gets the name, A2 gets the address, A3 gets the city state zip). I'd like these three lines of information to paste into one three-line cell in the Excel table. I've tried changing th...

Using Regular expressions in Excell 2007
I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions 'heavily'. In Excell 2003 you had to import the RegExp library to be able to use it. Is Regular Expressions part of VBA in Excell 2007? or do you still need to import the RegExp library? Same as in Excel 2003, the library is part of IE not Excel or VBA. -- HTH Bob "ncunha" <ncunha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF31D63-6C38-451B-9CEF-2E091DA7B2E7@microsoft.com... >I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions > 'heavily'...

Excel 2007 versus Excel 2003 & Excel 97-2003 fully compatible
In my old computer with Excel 2003 if I select automatic calculation my spreadsheet updates stock price quotes from an external link. In my new computer with Excel 2007, even though I select automatic calculation using Excel Options the spreadsheet won't update from the external price quote service. If I reboot the new computer however the spreadsheet will update. Short of dumping Excel 2007 is there any solution? ...

Logging emails in excel
Two things I do in my job are 1) Send lots of internal emails (usin Outlook 2000) to different managers telling them about 'resource reallocations, e.g "John Doe is moving to project XXX on August 29th etc. 2) Capture the details of those sent emails to an excel S/S fo reporting purposes. Logging the emails (even remembering to log eac one sent) is laborious. Is there a way to capture the 'data elements of the email (I would probably need to create a custom form with extr fields for all I need to capture) as I send it, to that excel S/S? a solution would really make a difference ...

dynamic chart on user selected data range in Excel 2007
I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data range in Excel 2007. I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart creation' VB scripts. Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007. After Jon's interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work, meaning one can not input any data by mouse selection. I tried to click 'ok', but it only selected the input box. I hope Jon or some one else can see this and offer some help. Thank you all very much for your tips. This worked fine in a test I just ran. Did this wor...

Link excel 2007 chart formatting
Is there any way to link the chart appearance as well as the values when I do a copy and paste of a chart in excel from one workbook to another? Currently the values change automatically but if I change the chart style in the source chart the destination charts don't get this. The other alternative is to link the chart through OLE but excel does not seem to allow me to link it under paste special (it is greyed out) unlike the other office apps (word, powerpoint). Thank in advance for your help The formatting of objects in Excel are governed by the settings of the parent workbook. ...

Excel 2007
One of the features that I have often used in previous versions of Excel is having a control (e.g., a spin button) in a chart. Obviously, the control would be linked to the spreadsheet from which the chart gets its data. I cannot get this to work in Excel 2007. I am using the B2TR. When I try to put the control on the chart, I get a status bar message that says to click and drag, but nothing happens. Have they eliminated this functionality? I really hope not, since this is very valuable for presentations in my finance classes. Thanks Tim - I didn't test this very thoroughly. I do...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

Customize Ribbon with excel interop
Hi everyone, I am developing a c# application, which is created from an excel workbook. In the VBA code of the workbook, my assembly (a class library project) is created, a class instance is created and a method is called. To this method an Application object is passed. So I can register on excel events and interact with excel. I can change or add menus, do things when workbooks are opened, etc. Now my application should also work with excel 2007. But in excel 2007 there is no "standard" menu, but there is the ribbon. So I need to change the ribbon from my c# proj...

Special pasting Charts from Excel to Word (2007 versions)
Here is my dilemma with Excel. I have a user who created a spreadsheet and he's trying to special paste the graphs he created as a link in Microsoft Word. When he special pastes the second graph into word, it ends up pasting the first graph instead. He has sent me another spreadsheet with the same setup (different info) and when he special pastes graphs from said spreadsheet, it copies all the graphs just fine. Any help would be appreciated. I apologize in advance if it sounds confusing. It's hard to explain. ...

Calculating page total in excel 2007
Hi, I want to add total in end of page when printing. and grand total at the last page. Please help. Regards ...

how can i paste 45 address from yellow pages into excel and the i.
I want to copy about 1500 addressess from yellow pages and then into excel. i cant get it from there to outlook in a dbase form so i can print labels? What information did you supply for someone to understand what you have and what you need. Though it has little to do with a solution the subject title of 45 addresses does not match 1500 address in your question. Perhaps take a look at Snake Columns page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm to see if there is already a solution or something close. HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] M...

AntiLOG in Excel
I was supprised to experience that the anti LOG10 does not exist, not even as an INVERSE LOG10. I would like not to use the itteration solver.Can anybody help me? Kind regards Steen Kruse The definition of Log (to base ten) is: If y = 10^x, then we say Log(y)=x So the inverse is y=10^x Example log(100) =2 Antilog of 2 is 10^2 which is 100 So you find the antilog of x with 10^x The antiln of x (log to base e) with exp(x) -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Steen Kruse" <skh@stelectric.dk> wrote in message news:%237vxp10YEHA.118...

Excel 2007 #9
Freezes when filtering in a small (64kb) workbook. Takes about 1 minute to filter approximately 200 rows. Also freezes at other occations. But the above task should definately be a light one. ...

Excel keeps checking for a floppy...
I have Excel 2003 and it keeps checking to see if there is a floppy disk in the drive, to the point that you can't close Excel without having a floppy in the drive. Any ideas how fix this? -- ============================================ Gregory A. Wandless Chemist US Geological Survey MS 954 Reston, VA 20192 Email: gwandless@usgs.gov Phone: (703) 648-6189 ============================================ I'm not sure this will be it, but you can check your settings to see if the A drive is listed as the default drive. Click Tools>Options | General tab and see what is listed here ...

excel 2000 wont let me create chart
is there something that I could have done to shut off the charts? It wont let me select the chart icon. THANKS TO ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE - THE WORKBOOK WAS SHARED! NOW IT IS NOT AND I HAVE MY CHART!! DUH "tjr" wrote: > is there something that I could have done to shut off the charts? > It wont let me select the chart icon. ...

VBA Borders in Excel 2007
The code below is designed to put medium outline and thin inside borders on each page of a mulitpage excel worksheet. It used the BeforePrint event to do this. It worked in Excel 2003 but in 2007 on a 2 page worksheet when it calls Sub MixedBorders the bottom medium border gets erased on the first page. What do I need to change? Or is this a bug in 2007? Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) FormatBeforePrint End Sub Public Sub FormatBeforePrint() Dim startRow As Long Dim endRow As Long Dim startColumn As Integer Dim endCo...

chart type automatically goes to Template
I have converted all my excel files to 2007. Now I am updating my charts and continue to run into problems with the "Template" I will select the Chart Type as Line but it goes to Template wihout my choosing. Then when I try to modify the x-axis (date in this case) it does not go to what I set it, it sets itself. Any ideas beside redoing the charts altogether? thanks -- Brian Please list the steps in order so we can duplicate your problem, for example What chart type do you have before you start changing it? What version of Excel are you converting the charts from? If t...

Moderate newbie - entering data in a panel
I'm reasonably proficient in standard Excel data entry. My project is to enter daily sales data, and produce a series of charts showing progress metrics. My primitive way of doing this would be to go the bottom row and add in the daily figures, but some of the people who are required to do this can't seem to get the hang of it. What I'd like to do is open a form asking for the date, sales, hours worked, and a few other items, then plug them into the appropriate place. At present I have no reference books, though I've ordered the Excel 2003 Bible. Can someone guide me to an onl...

When Excel opens data is displayed and then blanks out.
I have Excel sp3 on win2k sp4 When trying to keep unwanted blank sections from printing I blanked out the worksheet. I exited with out saving and reopened the spreadsheet. The data is displayed for a few seconds and the sheet blanks out. I tried this from another computer and got the same results. A inport into MS ACCESS sees the data on the sheet. Thanks for any help (I am not a newbe I am a tobe) Please expand on what you did to "blank out" the sheet. Did you hide it? If so: try Format|Sheet|Unhide Did you cover some cells with fill?..... or what -- Bernard V Liengme ww...

can you set custom colours to be used in excel charts
I would like to produce charts/graphs in excel using our custom corporate colours for which a have the various values. Is this possible to set up? And if so how? Thanks Select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Color tab, then select the various colors in the palette and edit them as appropriate. The bottom two rows correspond to chart fills and chart lines, which Excel uses from left to right. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "katet" <katet@discussions.microso...

Excel corrupted
Hi, I've got the automation error -2147417848 (80010108). The objec invoked has disconnected from its clients. It happen while trying to save.as workbook. The problem is I've used the absolutely same code several times and i worked well. Then suddenly it appeared and I can't avoid it. I've tested and I'm sure this is when I save, as when I made comment on this save.as line it goes smoothly. I've tried to repair and then reinstalled Office XP with no results. I've exported all the modules from Excel Workbook I use for carryin this macro and imported into a blank...

WinBugs Statistical Software Interface With Excel
WinBUGS is a statistical analysis program involving Markov chain Monte Carlo sampling. The program, developed in the UK for biologists, is free at: http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/bugs/welcome.shtml Now an Excel interface has been developed which eliminates the need to program in the WinBUGS language. The Excel interface, BugsXLA, also free, is available at: http://www.jstatsoft.org/v14/i05/v14i05.pdf Hopefully, some math experts in this newsgroup will give us their evaluation of using WinBUGS through Excel. WDA ballensr@adelphia.net end ...

Why would "paste special" disappear as an option in Excel
I'm trying to copy a graph from a working spreadsheet into another workbook and I just want to paste it as a bitmap. However, "Paste Special" is grayed out. What would cause that and can I fix it? Hi, Why - because that's the way Microsft programmed it. Workarounds - 1. Hold down the Shift or Ctrl key and select the chart, copy it, move to the other file and choose Edit, Paste Special. (bit map is not an option but this may be satisfactory. 2. Select the chart normally and THEN hold down the Shift key and open the Edit menu. Choose the command Copy Picture and ...

Excel 2003 =now() is returning wrong time on terminal server
We have Excel 2003 installed on our Terminal Server/Citrix box. The servers are in the EST timezone and work fine for EST clients. When CST clients (or any other timezone than EST) uses a worksheet with =NOW, it computes time from EST. We've had to use the formula =now()-0.042 to compensate. This problem is specific to Excel as Word, IE and even typing in 'Time' from the command prompt returns the correct time computed with the Central time zone. How do I correct this? thanks Pete "Peter J. Dickason, MCSE" <NOSPAMPeterdotDickasonatAirgasdotcom@email.c...