Completely Locked Out

Hey,
Ive got a workbook that creates an attendance register programmatically
using vba.
The orginal program was written by somone else, and i have been
delegated the task of adding modifications to it.

I ran a macro that unprotected some sheets, and inserted a new student,
and now I cant access anything from the menus, toolbars, or by right
clicking, almost everything is greyed out.
Ive reopened an other excel file, closed and restarted excel, and have
even restarted my machine, but it has not helped.

Everything in the macro menu is greyed, the protection is greyed, the
new.., the save, save as is greyed out, and i no longer get a security
window popup when opening workbooks with macros....
Please tell me someoen knows what to do...
Thx.

--
BlessedSoul
BlessedSoul's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24652

LOL

the magical answer is...

My activation time has clocked over half way through using my macro
LOL.

Bloody microsoft.....now were did i put that crack >:)

--
BlessedSoul
BlessedSoul's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24652
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382353

How do I lock a .pub doc so only certain fields may be edited?
I have created brochures for employees that I ONLY want certain information to be editable. For instance, they can input their name, contact info, photo but not be able to change the main body copy, headline, etc. How do I lock down certain pieces of the brochure but not others? Are they going to be working on the design of the brochure or are you = trying to create a form? If it's a form...output to Acrobat and create a pdf, then make it a = fillable form. If you're trying to lock aspects of the design process...dunno if that = can be done. One of the gurus will have to address ...

CFileDialog -- auto completion issue
I'm using an extended CFileDialog (provides Win2k dialog support) and all is working fine, but I had one minor tweak question. If I have the files: c:\temp\test.xml c:\temp\test.txt And I specify that the dialog is only looking for .xml files, when a user types into the file name field "test", the auto-complete dropdown lists suggests both possibilities. I'd like for it only to suggest the .xml file since that's what the dialog's filter is set to. This works in Office 2000, but with any other app that uses the dialog, you'll get the multiple "incorrect&quo...

Auto Complete
I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his machine he has to start all over. Nothing is retained from the day before. I've looked everywhere I know to look. Any ideas? Steve You have? Search this group then. This problem has been posted countless times. It usually means a corrupt Outlook profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "GSP@DCS" <info@dcs.com> wrote in message news:2d836$45184a6c$d1a8fa82$5760@EDELTACOM.COM... >I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his >machine he has to start all ove...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Completely Stumped
Some kind souls help is requested to make my worksheet more user friendly: 1) When data is filled in across cell range B14 � R14 and I then press �enter�.... a new row is automatically inserted either above or below. 2) The new row would retain the formulas in the cells just copied, but none of the calculations or text. I am using using the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row Rows(lastrow).AutoFill Rows(lastrow).Resize(2), xlFillDefault Rows...

Publishing locked sheets
I am trying to publish an Excel sheet with locked cells as a web page. Unfortunately, Excel 2002 will not allow this, and insists that I turn off the cell locking before it will convert to html. Is there any way around this, as it is important that some of the cells cannot be edited. If anybody has any advice, I would very much appreciate your help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Locking formulas #2
I am creating an order form in Excel for clients. I have protected the text in selected cells so the cells can't be accessed. I also want to lock the formulas in other selected cells so the formulas can't be deleted, changed, etc. How can this be done? Margaret, unless I am missing something, protect the cells with the formulas the same as you did for the text -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Margare...

Auto Complete list has been deleted somehow anyone know how to fix??
I have hundreds of emails in auto complete and today when I tried to use it they were all gone. This happened to me about 3 years ago and I never was able to find out why. Can anyone help me please.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com mike long wrote: > I have hundreds of emails in auto complete and today when I tried to ... <gatewayed post was truncated to illustrate lack of proper line wrap> The autocomplete cache is in the nickname file (.nk2). Do you still have a ..nk2 file? If it is gone or corrupted, restore it from your backups. http://support.mi...

RE: Understanding Project's Percent Complete vs. Percent Work Complete
Brian Kennemer wrote the subject-line article several years ago and was very informative/enlightening on how % Complete is computed, etc. However, in this article he showed a Microsoft Project view (Figure A) that had both "Work" and "Actual Work" rows in the detail lines for each resources on a specific task. Where can I find this view. I do need to enter actual hours worked per resource per day on their respective task thanks, David Hamil MaxVision 256-652-4322 David@MaxVision.com Perhaps what you seek is on the resource view or task usage view. Bot...

Uninstall Mendeley completely
Dear Folks, I have accidentally installed Mendeley, which turned out to be a big mistake. I uninstalled it several times after closing all other programs, but now it still appears as "Add-Ins" in office 2007 (including word, excel, etc). It also interferes with Endnote x2. This is a huge problem for me now and please help. -CW -- restlessHK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ restlessHK's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162019.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm ht...

Auto Complete Category
Hi All. I'm having an issue with Money Plus. When I download my statement, the information that come is: MEMO (i believe this should be the payee and it is going to the wrong place) date and amount. As the information is saved as MEMO and not PAyee, Money doesn't learn to auto complete thye categories according to previous transactions. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? In microsoft.public.money, Mozinha wrote: >Hi All. I'm having an issue with Money Plus. When I download my >statement, the information that come is: MEMO (i believe this should >be the payee and i...

Excel won't completely open
When I click on an Excel document it will start to open but stops at a grey screen. Only a few toolbar commands are selectable, all others are grey and not accesible. I need to go to file to open the correct document. This is frustating as I have several document in Excel and this is also confusing when I email it to someone else. Please help if you think you can. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows...

2007 Structured Reference auto-completion not working completely?
In Excel 2007, when I: 1) Select a cell 2) Type "=" in the formula bar 3) Click a cell in a Table I thought Excel would add a Structured Reference to the formula. Instead, it just inserts an old-style, "A1" reference. The "Formula AutoComplete" and "Use table names in formulas" options are both turned on. When I click the cell in step 3, the TableTools tab appears so Excel agrees that the cell is in a Table. Isn't Excel supposed to insert a Structured Reference when you click a cell in a Table? Is there another setup/configuration switc...

Forms completion
Here is a question for you, we have a pretty simple database to gather comments and suggestions from users for improvement on things around our office, It is a form entry, a suggestion that was given is when users want to enter multiple suggestions they are having to re-enter the header section of the form (Basics of name and contact information) repeatedly, is there a code or work around where that will replicate for the user if they click the add new record after they enter the first entry? Are you storing this information in every row of the table? The way it should work is, when the...

Windows update is not completely successful Error Code: 0x64C
Cannot find a solution anywhere. No such error code in any of the help screens. It is now showing Error Code: 0x8007064C. Still cannot find this discussed anywhere. "John with RadioWorks" wrote: > Cannot find a solution anywhere. No such error code in any of the help screens. "John with RadioWorks" <JohnwithRadioWorks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016D3C6E-B2BE-49CC-8678-580B6E169903@microsoft.com... > It is now showing Error Code: 0x8007064C. Still cannot find this discussed > anywhere. > > "John with RadioWo...

inbox repair tool fails to complete
hi, I've been having problems with my newish laptop XP & Office 2003 ST edition. Tried to run inbox repair tool on the .pst. I get the message that says internal errors were found, and I selected the box for a backup file to be created, but the process hangs on the repair. I tried twice, and can verify the .bak file is there and the same size as the .pst, but the repair won't complete. Using the Task Manager indicates the process is not responding. Happened twice in a row. Any thoughts? Thanks, Carmen Greta Grip <misscarmengetit@hotnospammail.com> wrote: >...

Outlook 2003 Locks/Crashes attaching file: Fault Bucket
I have a user running Windows XP Pro SP3 (Fully patched) and Outlook 2003 SP3 (Fully patched) that's having a problem where anytime he goes to attach a file (regardless of file type, size, etc.), Outlook locks up, at which point, regardless of how long I sit and wait, I end up needing to kill Outlook.exe AND Explorer.exe via task manager, then restarting Explorer.exe for the machine to resume normal operation. The users mailbox is connecting to an Exchange 2003 server. I have the following events in my Application Log everytime this occurs.... Event ID 1002 (Category 101)...

program lock up/ time-out/ not responding
Each time when I run money, the program hangs for several (5-6) minutes usually. Eventually it does open but it can simply time out and close itself. When I try to use the task manager it will ALWAYS state that the 'program is not responding'. I have used different video settings but it always does this even when I just work offline. I do have a 1.5 mbps DSL/cable gateway which I have used for years with money 2005 quite well. Any one with an inkling of a clue as to what I am doing wrong PS: xpsp2w/all updates. This problem is unique to this program-Doom 3 runs OK. Thanks ...

100% complete without adjusting actual hours?
I’m attempting to “close out” project plans. Is there a way to mark all the tasks 100% complete without the Actual hours adjusting? Basically, I want to close the tasks based on the actual hours currently attached to them. I’m trying to avoid having to go to each individual task, recalculating, and saving… Please advise. Thanks MK "MK" wrote: > I’m attempting to “close out” project plans. Is there a way to mark all the > tasks 100% complete without the Actual hours adjusting? Try changing Remaining Work to 0. James Fraser ...

TextBox lock
How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to click on it and change the value or text. Set the 'Enabled' property to FALSE -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Pas" wrote: > How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? > The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to > click on it and change the value or text. Many thanks it work...

Way to look at % complete of predecessors 03-10-10
Hello I would like to find out what is the most efficient way to check the status of the predecessors of any tasks in the plan I have a plan with a large number of tasks and for instance task 540, has 10 predecessors each at different stages of completion scattered throughout the plan. Currently if I want to know how each predecessor is progressing I need to locate the predecessor manually, and I would be grateful for some advice on how to do this more efficiently Many thanks J Use a flag field (Flag1), flag the tasks you are interested in (540 and all of its predecess...

Auto Complete not completing
Hi. I have an Excel document at work containing some drop down menus. I like the Auto Complete feature that Excel uses and it has been working beautifully except for this one column in my worksheet. For some reason it has stopped auto completing and I am forced to either use the drop down menu or type the whole thing in. :S I have no spaces between rows, and I have made sure the Auto Complete feature is switched on in the Options menu. It is working on my other columns (regardless of whether they contain drop down menus or not). Any ideas? Thanks so much. Maybe you haven't type...

Business Portal timesheet header should be visible and locked
When a lot of projects are listed on your timesheet, the header row that has all of the totals goes away when you scroll down. Users would prefer to see that header locked in place so that it remains visible as they scroll down. If you scroll down now, it goes away and you must scroll to the top to get your totals. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

Money Plus locks up when balancing accounts
When I balance savings account, the interest earned field, where you enter the date, beginning balance and ending balance, is grayed out. When I clear an interest transaction, or when I finally get the account to balance and click next, the program locks up. curtins4u <curtins4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I balance savings account, the interest earned field, where you enter >the date, beginning balance and ending balance, is grayed out. When I clear >an interest transaction, or when I finally get the account to balance and >click next, the program locks u...

locked up
I renamed a folder in outlook 2000 that had a rule applied to it. The rule said that when certain messages come in they are to go to that folder. It just so happens that before I got a chance to change the rule, one of those messages came in, and now I can't start outlook because it locks up everytime I try. Any suggestions? ...