compiling a week on week report

each week i get a report that contains site id,site name, failure  wha
i need to do is create a spreadsheet that looks at all the previou
weeks data and compares the siteid, and then looks at the failure fo
all the previous weeks and highlights any differences.
at present i use vlookup to get a list of  the failures for each sit
id for each week but can not get it to compare the current week wit
previous weeks eg 1 & 2  to give me any differences
this is going to be a rolling report so in he end will have upto 5
weeks of data to compare

thnx in advanc

--
chris.howe
chris.howes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=566

ESM reports smaller mailbox size than Outlook
I have an Exchange 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 Sp4 that the ESM is reporting mailbox sizes that are smaller than what Outlook 2003 is reporting. ESM reports user mailbox of 59,000 KB and Outlook is reporting mailbox size of 112,000 KB. The quota limit is set to 40MB warning, 50MB no send, and 100MB no send/receive. If single instance is playing a role in this, how can I determine what messages the user needs to delete to get below the 50MB limit (basically the messages that ESM sees)? Also, does the quota set on the mailbox store apply to all folders in the users' mailbox? (sent, de...

Report problem 03-05-08
Hi, I need a little help. I created a form so that the user could pick out a date range to search the data with and then view a report that would include the date range. The problem is that after they click to view the report, and the query runs and doesn't find something that matches the criteria, it won't show the date range in the report. Here is the control source that I have on the field in the report ="Consideration Period: " & Format([Forms]![Form1]![Begin Date],"mmmm d"", ""yyyy") & " Through " & Format([For...

compiling tables
Hi I have a long list of names (col D) and a date (col G) when they attended a course. Every person needs to attend a refresher course within 12 months. I am trying to predetermine who will be on the course in 12 months time, plus or minus a week or two, the problem is the course may have 12 persons attending or 6 depending on the number of trainers. Several courses are available on a rolling basis. I guess this is a queuing problem. So far I have worked out the lapse time in days (col J), and the rank (Col K) then I used: =OFFSET(D$11,MATCH(SMALL(K$11:K$38,ROW()-ROW(M$11)+1),K$11:K$38,0)...

Weekending
Hi using sql2005, I would like to return summary statistics that are grouped by weekending date (Friday) between date range start and end parameters. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan You can use a formula based on well know Friday date (here Jan 5, 1900). Replace the WHERE clause predicate literals with your parameters for start/end period. SELECT DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '19000105', date_column) / 7) * 7, '19000112') AS friday_date, COUNT(*) AS cnt FROM Foo WHERE date_column >= '20100101' AND date_colum...

NOT having information repeated multiple times in a report
I'm sure there is a "kick myself" answer for this question. I have created a project report in Access 2007. The query consists of three tables: Project, Principle Investigators, and Activity. The problem I am running into is that I am using "Statistician" from the Activity Table and I'm getting repeats of the project names (I enter hours in the activity table so the Statistican's name appears multiple times) I want to use the information from Activity because it allows me to print a project list for each statistician (there could be several o...

Transactions by Category report #2
I made a number of entries and when finished, clicked on Reports and then Transactions by category. A window popped up, "Microsoft Money has stopped working." It consistently does the same thing any time I try to open that report. I can open just about any other report, but not Transactions by Category. I don't have a Budget entered, but while trying to check out other reports, Money told me that one of the files necessary to run a budget was corrupt. I remember that this happened to me once before a couple of years ago or so after I'd done a massive amount of ent...

combining data into subtotal report
I need to manually enter data under various categories. (i.e. column A will be Job # and the other columns will contain the counts of various supplies), creating a very large running total of jobs and total supplies. It is important to realize that I may enter the same job # with new data more than one time. Now, I understand how to create subtotals of columns, but I was wondering if, once I have sorted data by job #, there is a way to create a fast and easy report that indicates ONLY the column headings and each job's subtotal. I do not want to see the 25 different entries that it ...

can I generate report showing which tables are used in which queri
I have too many tables and the db is 4 years old. Some tables look like they have no purpose. Can I run some type of report to tell me if a specific table is assigned to any query? Thank you, Vadimbar Rich Fisher's excellent Find and Replace add-in might be just the ticket. If you register it (one of the best $37 I've ever spent), the cross-reference report can find what tables and queries are used by reports and forms. It's a good way to find orphans. http://www.rickworld.com/ -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

MFC requires C++ compilation (change the compilation setting to
c:\microsoft visual studio\vc98\mfc\include\afx.h(15) : fatal error C1189: #error : MFC requires C++ compilation (use a .cpp suffix) One of my vc6 project has the above error, I check the file, one of my file(myfile.c) include a file util.h which is written in MFC format including .h and .cpp file and all other files are written in c language ,are ..c file and do not have c++ syntax. I compile all the files separately, only the myfile.c have the above error. It seems that I need to change the compilation setting to c++ compile setting to meet the requirement of MFC Class. It seem...

chart data by day of week
I have a spreadsheet of >12,000 records of stolen vehicles (cars, SUV's, pickups, motorcycles, etc.) covering a period of almost two years. Each record has a date of theft and other info about the vehicle. I'd like to look at the thefts for day of the seven day week. For instance, I'd like to look at all motorcycle thefts over a one year period and count occurances by day of week and then generate a single chart with theft count as the ordinate and day-of-the-week as the abcissa. I'm new to the group so pardon me if this question has been asked before. Dan wrote: > I h...

Compiler
Is there a compiler available for Access applications, specifically for Access 2003/2007? -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company I would be interested in what you are really asking for, but the compiler for Access (all versions) is built-in to the program and is available when you are in the code window by going to DEBUG > COMPILE xxx. There is no external compiler and doesn't need to be. If you are asking if you can make it an exe file, the answer is no. You can use the Access runtime and the developer extensions to create an installation pac...

calculated fields in Cross tab reports
I have successfully created the calculated fields that I need for my report to sum the columns but now I need to divide one field by another to get a percentage in the rows (which I have also successfully calculated for the individual fields) and all I get is a number 1. Is division done differently in cross tab reports? The numbers are: 1316/1337 = 98% (for the total row) My control sources: =(Nz([4],0)+Nz([5],0))/(Nz([1],0)+Nz([2],0)+Nz([3],0)+Nz([4],0)+Nz([5],0)) or (I gave the text boxes names and get the same results) =([totalnoresolved])/([totalnoopened]) The problem here...

Out of office rule for recurrent day in the week
I start working part time from Friday onwards. I will be out of the office every Friday. Can anybody tell me how I can create a rule that responds automatically to mails received on Friday? Amongst the rule templates I only find a rule for a given period of time, not for a recurrent day of the week. Anyone? Thanks ever so much. Outlook has no rule conditions like that. You'd have to turn the rule on and off manually. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id...

compile
Is it possible to somehow compile a program done with excel 2007 ? Thank You Take a look here http://orlando.mvps.org/index.asp#XLtoExe -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Duplatt" <Duplatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ABBCD9E-991C-4848-8E7E-5C1A1F1D2574@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to somehow compile a program done with excel 2007 ? > Thank You THANKS Bob This probably will not make it a 'stand alone' program. I used a program ( Super Calc -- Dos) in the early 80's that had a compiler built in. Worked great fo...

where can I get a weekly bookkeeping template
I am looking for a weekly bookkeeping template does anyone know if microsoft do one? ...

Query
I have a transaction # for each record in my main form with a subform "Approvals" and "Checkouts". I created a query to show the sum of all Approvals and all Checkouts by Transaction # for each record. (one for Accruals and one for Checkouts). All approvals and checkouts come up in these queries. I want to create a report showing, per Cost Center, the $ amt of Approvals, the $ amt of Checkouts, and a calculated field to show the remaining value. The report comes up with all approvals and checkouts per cost center, however, if there is an approval that does not hav...

Reports not returning correct data
I am trying to run the Top Sales Rep Report in HQ and in SO Manager. The problem is they are not returning the same data for each store. The HQ report is also missing some of the Sales Reps. The SO Manager report gives the correct data and all the sales reps. Also, the numbers are off. For instance, Store 1 in SO Manager might show that Rep. A sold $5200 and Store 1 in HQ might show that he only sold $4800. Anyone having any other trouble like this? Please help, my financial person is on my ass!!! Nick Nick, Try this; http://tinyurl.com/eenud Backup first!! Must have access to ...

Crystal report 11
Hi I am Using Crsytal report v 11.0. We have specific dexterity coding for launching crystal report. We have deployed COM crystal chunk and Reportview VB files. It was working upto Crystal report V 10.0. Now we are facing issue in Crystal report V 11. If some one can help me in finding out, what are the changes we have to do in the following code for using Crystal report 11.0 This is code we are using.......... ------------------------------------------------------------------- local long result; local long session_ID; local string data_source, user_ID; local integer status; local string ...

Libs needing each others to compile.
Hi, I am taking over a project and the first thing I noticed it that the project does not compile properly. if I have 3 .lib files and one .exe file. A.lib needs B.lib but, B.lib needs A.lib to compile. (C.lib needs both A.lib and B.lib). How can this be done? This is obviously wrong, ( I think), but before I make a fool out of myself I just want to check. Is it possible to achieve the above? compile two .lib files that need each others before they even exist? The way they used to compile it was using the previously created lib file to compile. And I guess at some stage they added li...

Change cross-reference reports to Posting Journals
Change the cross reference report to read Reprint Posting Journals as it is in all of the other modules. This will make it less confusing for users and easier to find. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

Report exporting different data from what is on the report
I have a standard Access 2007 report (based on a query) in my database that pulls information on a specific item. The report runs fine but when the user right clicks on the report and exports to Excel, they get the information for a different item. I had them delete the export file and try renaming it. Neither worked. The item they are getting information on is one that they exported prior. Now it is the only record that will export, regardless of what the report is showing. Help Please. SK - Since I have never seen this, I wonder if it is one of those user errors ...

Reports Error #4
Hello, On a client computer, in IE when I click Reports I get the following: "Microsoft Error An error has occurred. for more information, contact your system administrator. Try Again or Cancel" Click Try Again. same error. On the server, in IE when I click Reports I get the following: "Microsoft Error An error has occurred. for more information, contact your system administrator. Try Again or Close" Click Try Again. same error. Click Close and the IE tab with CRM closes. This is a new installation. We have CRM, SQL, Exchage installed on the same SBS box. I am not ...

PlaySound Will not compile for me
I have a project where I can play sound just fine. I have added the library winmm.lib so both projects have that project, but my latest mfc project will not compile. It will not work with playsound. Anybody know what I am doing wrong? A Compiler error would be nice. If was to guess I say you are doing something wrong! "Danny" <danny_staten@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:08d701c38ee2$fe0724e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a project where I can play sound just fine. I > have added the library winmm.lib so both projects have > that project, but my latest mfc...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

Divide Dates into Weeks and Months
Hi All, I have a table that has 3 fields: OT_DATE WEEK MONTH The purpose of this table is to calculate overtime worked per employee per week. I join to the table to an attendance table on the date and then use this tbale to group by week (so that I can caluclate the hrs over 40 for each employee). Is there any way to do this other than manually adding dates to this table. It is no big deal, but I didnt know how other people did this. ...